“Ambiance Plus”
Review of Odalisque Cafe - CLOSED

Odalisque Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hours:Tuesday-Friday Breakfast 8-11amLunch 11:30-2:30pmDinner 5:30-10pmSaturdayDinner 5:30-10pm
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went here with a small group of friends, one of whom had recommended it. The friend who had recommended it is in the wine growing business and had been impressed with the food and the wine list on several previous visits. It certainly met our expectations. Our waiter was very familiar with the wines and made an excellent recommendation. The menu selection, while not large, had something for most tastes. I will go back.

1  Thank tjanderson5

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great discovery upon recommendation from a friend. We had 7:30 reservations but were early and the very friendly owner found us a table. Loved the waiter Ash and have recommended this to many friends.

1  Thank 1041guy
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I live in Marin and did not know about this fabulous 1 year old restaurant in the heart of San Rafael on 4th Street. The owners, Lisa and J have created a spot that is warm, inviting and enjoyable. The food is very good and well presented. I have had both a lunch and a dinner recently and left feeling I had been in a wonderful spot for a few hours.
Our waiter David was excellent and made our dinning experience very pleasant. If you are not sure what wine you want they bring a little glass for you to taste. We had yummy artichoke appetizers and two fish entrees, one steak and one rack of lamb. And, "you can not stop eating" little shoe string french fries. A pear tart and a critus brûlée both delicious. This restaurant deserves to prosper and thrive so go, GO, Go! You will have a great time.

2  Thank Kitekats
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I went there last night for a light dinner and despite not having a reservation were promptly seated in the wine cellar, which was nice as you could actually carry on a conversation there in normal tones as opposed to the main dining room which was quite noisy.
We ordered the fried artichoke appetizer which came with a harissa/aioli dipping sauce which had a nice smokey flavor, but was just too spicy...the heat stayed with you long after the dish was finished.
Then came our two entrees--Linguine with Clams and a medium-rare Niman Ranch burger. The linguine was uninspired with little flavor...even adding salt & pepper didn't help. It needed something to help it along, like garlic, onions or citrus to in the very-liquid sauce perk it up. Would definitely pass on it if we ever go there again. Next was the burger. Despite coming cooked to the degree of doneness as ordered, it, too, was in need of seasoning, and the addition of the onions, tomato & lettuce didn't help. Perhaps providing aioli or preseasoning the meat would have. Must admit that the pile of shoestring fries that accompanied the burger were outstanding, though...nice and flavorful and cooked perfectly.
The tab for the three items (incl. tip and just water, no drinks) was $57. Not much value there!

1  Thank Sandyegg
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I went to Marin County for day hike and after we decided to eat at Odalisque and I was very impressed with the food and quality of service!
The food is bistro style with excellent quality but with good quantitie is a thing in many other places is not common!
The best thing for me was the desert was excellent.
I will be back!