“I would stay nowhere else”

Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great place to stay. Fridge, microwave, stove, sink, dishes and silverware, you don't have to go out to eat. Comfortable, quiet rooms. Friendly service. I am in San Ramon, CA once a year and always stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. I am glad to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable and inviting and our staff helpful during your stay with us. We do our best to provide clean, comfortable accommodations for our guests enjoyment stay after stay. Our reward is when guests like yourself give us great reviews and recommend our hotel to others so that they too may enjoy all we have to offer. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again on a future trip to our area. With many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This would be my first time I stayed at a hotel by myself. I was nervous, but anxious to see the process through. My first introduction to this hotel was actually from the convention website that I was signing up for. I have heard of this one, as there is one here in Sacramento, but never stayed there.
At first I was upset, the convention website said that the convention hotel was full. I thought about, and looked at my choices. Something about this one drew me to it. I told myself 'sure, let's give it a try. it says it even has access to a kitchen'. Now, I know you can't always believe what you hear, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I called them up, used the convention code to grab the discount price, and booked it.
As I walked into the office, I have to say my expectations dwindled slightly. This office didn't look like other, extravagant ones. It was a simple design. The receptionist welcomed me and we started the final transactions. In no time I was in my room. Sure enough, there was a kitchen...and a fridge, and a microwave, a toaster, a stove, even dishes...and to top it all off...a nice tv.
I loved it...and have decided that I will be coming here anytime I am staying in the area.
Thank you for the great first experience.

Room Tip: Double look over what you need. They have single bed rooms, AND double bed ones.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

We would like to thank you for your great review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. I am so happy to hear that you gave us a try and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms, coupled with excellent service all for a value that can’t be beat. I do hope that you will recommend us to others who may come back to the area for a convention or leisure as we would love to host them at our hotel here in San Ramon. Our best advertising comes from guests like you who experience our great hotels first hand. Again, thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have stayed here off and on for almost a year now as my work brings me to the area often. The staff and the hotel are a total package. The manger Shirley is an absolute doll. The two ladies that work the morning shifts r delightful as well as the lady who works evenings sometimes. I've never seen such a bright crew. Now for the hotel, it's always spotless and overstocked with everything from towels to razors to dish soap and dishes!! Two burners, full size ice cold refrigerator, and microwaves built in as well as toasters and coffee pots. I've stayed in over 10 different rooms at this hotel and my experiance never changes. It's quiet, clean, right off the freeway and close to everything u might need. I will continue to stay here and give high praises.

• Stayed: February 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Thank you for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. It is so nice to hear such great things posted about our hotel and staff. We continually strive to provide excellent customer service coupled with clean, fresh rooms to all our guests each and every stay. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us when your travels bring you to our area. We are happy to hear that your stay has been so great and that you enjoy being able to have all the little comforts of home such as our fully equipped kitchens right at your fingertips. Our company is committed to excellence in every way, every stay! Thank you again for your kind words we look forward to your return each time you are in our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I recently stayed at the ExtendedStayAmerica-San Ramon-West.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. I was relocating to the Bay Area and stayed there for over 3 months, so I had a chance to observe the facility close-up, over an extended period of time.

FIRST, THE BASICS. The rooms are very clean and fresh, and all of the furnishings are new. My bed was very new and firm (I saw a comment criticizing the firmness of the bed, but I think most people prefer it to something spongy). The kitchenette fixtures all very new. The bathroom exceptionally clean. A+

SECOND, THE MANAGEMENT. The kindness of the staff is quite exceptional; they are always pleasant, even when things are very busy. Also, they are HIGHLY competent, they know their systems quite well and they know the issues. Honestly, I'm amazed at the talent the organization has at this facility.

In fact, because of that, in addition to recommending travelers to stay here, I'd also hope this message gets forwarded to senior management because I'd like to recommend that they take a close look at Shirley (manager), as well as Olivia and Devon (assistants) for further advancement in the organization. All three are highly adept at problem solving and understand the business quite well. All three would do quite well at higher levels of authority and responsibility in the organization. I think you should consider all of them for promotion. (No, this is not one of their friends writing this, this is just a very satisfied guest)! Please feel free to contact me on this point.

THIRD, FELLOW GUESTS. I felt very comfortable and safe here. I've had a chance to talk to a few folks. In addition to ordinary hotel guests, the extended stay guests seem to be primarily consultants, contractors, construction managers, and other individuals on temporary assignment in the area at one of the valley businesses here. There are also some guy whose home had been under construction for a month longer than it was supposed to take, and there were some people relocating to the Bay Area.

FOURTH, VALUE. For an extended stay, I've stayed at Marriot. I've also stayed at few independents. I think this offers the best Quality-to-Value proposition. At the margins, the Marriott is superficially nicer (although not the staff and not some of the facilities), but you pay a hefty chunk more for it, so I don't view it as a a good value.

FIFTH, COMPLAINTS. None major. (1) The internet is functional, I was able to check emails, surf the net, etc.. That said, they should roll out full bandwidth to each of the rooms. That's the new normal. So take note, on the newer, heavier bandwidth websites, you'll be moving kind of slow and you won't be able to stream Netflix. (2) Smoking Rooms. No knock on smokers (I once was one - and have no problem with it), but smoking takes such a heavy toll on the rooms, they should consider banning smoking inside and, in any event, I think all smoking rooms should be clustured together on the ground floor in one area of the building. They also might consider a no-smoking security deposit for the non-smoking rooms - some other hotels I've stayed at have done this and it seems like a reasonable policy. That said, I was given a non-smoking room and it was fine.

Again, a big thanks to all of the folks at San Ramon who made my stay nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John N
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

We would like to offer our sincere thanks for your outstanding review of our hotel Extended Stay America Bishop Ranch. I am so pleased at all the wonderful things you said about our hotel and staff. It gives us such great pleasure to provide a safe, comfortable home away from home experience for all our guests. You certainly seem to be very happy with our accommodations and we are so very happy to hear it and to be able to respond to you in this forum with our biggest thanks! We pride ourselves on our clean, fresh hotel rooms coupled with over the top service each stay, each day! Thank you for recognizing our efforts and for telling the world what a great experience you have had with us. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future at this location or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. Again, our thanks for your kind words. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Bishop Ranch.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I have been at this ESA for 8 weeks-the courtesy, kindness, and professionalism made this stay worth it-the guest reps-OLIVIA and all the other representatives made this stay more than worth
it-these professionals made my stay worth it. They were always pleasant, went above and beyond what was asked of them.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a business center, but the front desk reps OLIVIA and the rest made this stay...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! We will pass on your thanks as well as ours to Olivia for providing such a welcoming experience for you during your stay. This is what we are all about, providing a home away from home atmosphere each and every stay.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here Oct 8 only because this was my clients recommended motel am forced to have to stay here because of that. Staff is very nice and courteous. However, beds feel like cement blocks. When I stayed here October 8th I got in late started shower noticed stains in tub tested them and realized they were permanent stains but i noticed grey non slip little circles in tub, So I got in and as soon as I closed curtain, my feet went out from under and I fell hard onto floor. What I thought were the non slip/skid stickers in tub were the shadows where they had been removed. There was no bath mat. Not a good end to my long travel day and evening nor for my next morning work day. Anyway, beds are very uncomfortable. They use old fashioned colored thin quilted look bedspread which I have to take off as I don't think these are washed like the linens. They have a regular colored blanket under bedspread and over sheet. Not sure this is washed like linens either. They don't have a good selection of cooking pans, no paper towel roll, no dish soap, and they have what looks like water filters attached to sink faucet but the water tastes horribly chlorinated anyway. If you use that water for your ice cubes your drink ends up tasting like chlorine. warning they have no ice vending machines as you are expected to make your own ice with this heavily chlorinated water.

Room Tip: So far I've had to stay here 4 times in last 3 months have to stay here at end of this month aga...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Diana - Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with our showers and that the room was not up to your expectations. Please know that our housekeeping team takes cleanliness very seriously and works hard to uphold our companies standards. They do in fact clean all items on each bed and thoroughly cleanse the bathrooms after each guest leaves the hotel. My apologies that during this time, a bath mat was not replaced in your rooms' tub. The team and I have reviewed our cleaning procedures and steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future. We very much look forward to showing you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

great place. i have lived here one month. staff is very accomodating. two important things. there is no public computer in the front lobby. i bought a great little acer from target for $309 which was walking distance from the hotel. n the hotel has great wifi

also there is a church w weekday mass nine am walking distance n a postal service w notary public close by too. movie theater n lots of cool restaurants near by also.

second big thing...there is a weekend bus....the bus 321....which has almost hourly pick ups from in back of peets coffee across from whole foods. buses run 0845, 0945, 1045, ect.
on weekends. about thirty mins to walnut creek BART, n then twenty or thirty mins or so into san fran. round trip $13. get off at embarcadero for fishermans wharf....california sealions n ferry boat rides...or continue to the last stop for shopping at sephoroa n big dept stores like nordstroms. if u want, from there just keep walking about thirty mins up hill n u will b in chinatown.....................cuz u know u need your all u can eat dim sum.

Room Tip: all rooms seems to have about same noise level. some back rooms on upper floor have views of hills...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank pamylasdream
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. We are so glad that you had such a great experience with us during your stay and that our staff was so accommodating to you. We believe in excellent service while providing clean, comfortable fresh rooms for your enjoyment. It sounds as if we had all the things you needed except common area computer access. I am so sorry that this isn’t an amenity at this location. We take all comments from our guests to heart to continue to improve and provide the things that we know will make your stay 100% each and every time. We thank you again for your nice review and we hope that we can be of service to you in the future should you return to our area.
With Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
#3 of 6 in Dublin
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#3 of 8 in San Ramon

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!