“Santa's Endorsement!”

Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed for eight weeks at my company's expense last Oct. 31st through Dec. 26th. I got to know the place and staff well. The people, service, rooms and their condition are all exactly what you expect. You get a small furnished studio apt., housekeeping, and a friendly, helpful, desk crew. Find a discrepancy, they correct it promptly. Have a need, they try their best to take care of it.
Sure, I'd rather stay at an upscale Hyatt or Marriott Hotel, but I'll be content to stay here again during this year's Christmas Season.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SantaMike
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Santa Mike,

We thank you for reviewing our hotel Extended Stay America San Ramon. It’s not every day that a hotel gets a great endorsement from the jolly man himself. I am so happy to hear that we were able to make you feel at home during your stay with us and that we will be your home away from the "North Pole" each holiday season that you are in our area. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to all your visits each year. If ever we can be of any assistance to you please feel free to call the hotel directly and ask for a member of management and we will be happy to do what we can to ensure you are comfortable and taken care of. Again, our many thanks for your review and we hope to see you again soon. The Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon, CA.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this motel the night of April 4th, and found the room very noisy. It wasn't the freeway noise so much. It was more the noise generated by other guests conducting routine activities. The noise associated with these activities, unfortunately, were magnified by noisy water pipes. For example, in the very early morning a guest above us took a shower and the humming from the pipes was so loud I thought the air conditioner was malfunctioning. Flushing toilets, showers, and using the bathroom sink generated even more loud humming. If you are an early riser, this won't matter. If, however, you like to sleep until 9am or so....... forget about it!

Room Tip: Stay in a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel Extended Stay America San Ramon. We are so sorry to hear that you had quite a noisy stay with us. Our hotels are fully insulated to help alleviate the many noises that can surround a hotel inside and out, but it seems that your stay was a bit noisier than normal. I am so sorry that you were not able to get a good night sleep while staying with us. We will definitely look into what we may need to do so that our guests don’t continue to experience the type of noise that you did. We hope that you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to show you our re-doubled efforts to ensure you’re good night sleep with us. With many thanks the Management of Extended Stay America San Ramon.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed in this property because it was on my husband's company's recommended list. The staff was nice and very accomodating. The room was very basic , even though it had been "renovated" stain was left on the tub & walls.But the most displeasing feature was the bed. It was very hard and very noisy,it queaked everytime you moved.We had a room on the front and noise street was not a problem

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joypayne
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort. Thank you for letting us know about this particular issue in thsi room as this will allow us to inspect this bedding a little closer to see if we need to replace it immediately as to avoid this happening to another guest in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I will never trust tripadvisor again! my family of 4 stayed here over the weekend for a swim meet. the rooms were smelly, dark, dirty, and the freeway noise horrible (from all directions). I can't believe this place was renovated, as carpet and blankets were stained, everything was dingy, the bathtub rusty, 2 lightbulbs didn't work. I had to clean goop off the nightstand, remote, kitchen Every time we left the room there were folks hanging out smoking on the balcony. The stairwells and balconies are dirty and dark; like staying in a parking garage. First night we tried to leave the fan on to drown car noise ... but it ticked and sputtered uncontrollably. We also had to unplug the refrigerator, as the motor was so loud and inconsistent it also woke us ever few hours. Towels threadbare, no amenities, a few small plates and dirty cups. Disgusting!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy as well as our maintenance engineers to ensure the proper working order of all our rooms prior to being rented.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided as you can see from our many positive Trip Advisor Reviews and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Everything about this hotel has been an incredible experience. I am really thankful for the opportunity to express my views on here. Everyone here is really nice and especially the really nice people at the front desk. This is a great place to stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best experience and high security.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Ramon - Bishop Ranch. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great place to stay. Fridge, microwave, stove, sink, dishes and silverware, you don't have to go out to eat. Comfortable, quiet rooms. Friendly service. I am in San Ramon, CA once a year and always stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. I am glad to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable and inviting and our staff helpful during your stay with us. We do our best to provide clean, comfortable accommodations for our guests enjoyment stay after stay. Our reward is when guests like yourself give us great reviews and recommend our hotel to others so that they too may enjoy all we have to offer. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again on a future trip to our area. With many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This would be my first time I stayed at a hotel by myself. I was nervous, but anxious to see the process through. My first introduction to this hotel was actually from the convention website that I was signing up for. I have heard of this one, as there is one here in Sacramento, but never stayed there.
At first I was upset, the convention website said that the convention hotel was full. I thought about, and looked at my choices. Something about this one drew me to it. I told myself 'sure, let's give it a try. it says it even has access to a kitchen'. Now, I know you can't always believe what you hear, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I called them up, used the convention code to grab the discount price, and booked it.
As I walked into the office, I have to say my expectations dwindled slightly. This office didn't look like other, extravagant ones. It was a simple design. The receptionist welcomed me and we started the final transactions. In no time I was in my room. Sure enough, there was a kitchen...and a fridge, and a microwave, a toaster, a stove, even dishes...and to top it all off...a nice tv.
I loved it...and have decided that I will be coming here anytime I am staying in the area.
Thank you for the great first experience.

Room Tip: Double look over what you need. They have single bed rooms, AND double bed ones.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

We would like to thank you for your great review of Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West. I am so happy to hear that you gave us a try and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms, coupled with excellent service all for a value that can’t be beat. I do hope that you will recommend us to others who may come back to the area for a convention or leisure as we would love to host them at our hotel here in San Ramon. Our best advertising comes from guests like you who experience our great hotels first hand. Again, thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and we hope that you will stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Ramon Bishop Ranch West.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
#2 of 8 in San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#3 of 8 in San Ramon

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!