“Awful smoking room”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Rocklin, California
“Awful smoking room”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were given a "smoking room" when we checked in even though we don't smoke and the odor was horrific. We asked to change rooms but were told none were available. We called several other surrounding hotels but because of a large soccer tournament in San Ramon, none had rooms available. Even with the window open and the fan running on full speed, the strong odor made your nose and lungs burn. I would've rather slept in my car. When we checked out, we asked if they'd give us some type of discount and we were told no. We will never go back to this hotel or to any extended stay for that matter. Plenty of nicer hotels in the surrounding area. Other families from our team stayed at Marriott across the freeway and Courtyard by Marriott and were much happier!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel because my family is relocating. Chose this because it seemed like homey in the description. But oh my gosh we didn't get to sleep because bed was dilapidated. Couldn't use the bathroom because it was filthy. There was a toilet plunger left in the bathroom. The room smelled of cigarette and was dirty. Felt dirty. Had to cut short our stay.

Travellers are raving about these San Ramon hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Smelled like stale smoke in non smoking room, no sofa sleeper as reserved so family all had to share one bed, and leftover food from previous occupants left in fridge. Room size great for value and fairly clean except food on fridge. Friendly staff

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great rate but San Ramon sheriff dept. pulling over and following all cars that enter and exit the hotel . Checking plates and makes you feel in comfortable . They only clean the room and change sheets once a week or its a extra charge . Applebee's is next door and a movie theatre within walking distance and shopping

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay which was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that the presence of the San Ramon Police Department made you feel uncomfortable. While this is not an everyday occurrence, we take guest safety very seriously, so they are just helping us to enforce this goal. Still, I am glad that you liked your clean rooms and our location.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at srm@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2013

i JUST SPENT A WEEK AT THE STAY AMERICA IN SAN RAMON. i MUST SAY THAT THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS. Allison, the manager was very friendly. even with an office full of tired travels, she managed to keep a smile on her face and calm in her voice. Everyone on the staff was excellent but Allison was great. i've been travelling a lot the past few months and stayed at many a hotel. i would reccomend to anyone coming to San Ramon to give Stay America chance. you'll be glad that you did.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Tony - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you found our staff and management team to be friendly and courteous, especially Allison. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
South Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Horrible hotel, horrible staff and manager. I stayed there two nights and ran out as soon as possible. First night late check in found a big stain on the bed cover, however it was replaced next day. For the price they charge the complimentary breakfast and other amenities offered are really cheap and absolutely unhealthy and avoidable. I had booked through expedia for 4 nights and when tried to check out I had to stand there and deal with it for 15-20 mins just to find out that I have to speak to Expedia for refunds and hotel has nothing to do with it. Hotel needs better management, improved amenities (really just one soap in the bathroom? stinky rooms and linens etc.)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Ranjan - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
The housekeeping issue you described is unacceptable. As well, I sincerely apologize for that you did not enjoy the amenities our hotel had to offer and our staff did not attend to your needs in a timely manner. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures. As well, I am coaching the entire team on how to provide better customer service and convey proper messaging to guests moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at srm@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I've been here for nearly 4 months on business and the room, property, staff, and location are great. If there is a problem with anything they are super quick to fix it. My problem is that I travel for business often and I, like most companies, require Internet access to get my work done via browsing, email, downloads, etc. and I will tell you their "high speed" wifi is abysmal. I don't normally post reviews but I just got back to my room from spending 3 hours in the lobby of another hotel in order to get work done because their wifi is faster. This should embarrass ESA.

For around $1700 per month I expect a lot better, and I am in the process of looking for alternative lodging solutions in the east bay.

ESA, if you want to spend money on other things and skimp on Internet that's fine. But don't bill yourself as a perfect place for the traveling business man because in case you hadn't noticed, it's 2013. ALL buisinesses need fast Internet to get things done. And we are 30 minutes north of the tech Capitol of the world!!! Get it together folks.

• Stayed January 2013
Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#3 of 8 in San Ramon

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!