Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 6 January 2014

DONT USE PRICELINE!!!

I booked a room through priceline, received a confirmation number, showed up and no room was available. i was forced to sleep in my car that night. Anyways, I called priceline to try and get a credit and I never got a call back or even a response. I called my credit card to launch a dispute but priceline fought it citing their terms and conditions. So basically, I'm being forced to pay for a room that I wanted but did not get. And of course it's imposable to reach anyone at priceline...

Anyone, Is this fair?

Room Tip: Don't Use Priceline!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pete M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Pete - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that we were unable to accommodate you due to being overbooked. It is rare for this to happen, but when it does, our team is trained to assist our guests with relocating to another Extended Stay Hotel or finding another hotel. It is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you, and Priceline was unable to provide you with a refund. In response, I will be reviewing our procedures for this type of situation with the entire staff to avoid this from happening again in the future.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further in regards to your billing. If you would like, please contact me directly, at mcorrea@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Had a few dr. appointments in San Ramon and decided to stay the night, instead of facing horrible traffic. I have never stayed at an Extended Stay before, but everything else in the area was booked. I reserved a deluxe non-smoking suite. After a long day of appointments, I got to the hotel, went to my room and was faced with not only the odor of new cigarette smoke, but very old cigarette smoke as well. The walls were yellow, which tells me there has been smoking in this room for a long time. I also discovered ashes on the sink in the bathroom and mold not only in the shower, but around the toilet. If you're looking for something a little updated, this is not the place. Not only was I told that the internet was going to be down for 5-6 hours, but they use shower curtains for their closet doors. I highly recommend that you do not stay here due to hazardous health issues because of mold and second hand smoke. After complaining about this room, which was room #301, she showed me another room on the backside of the building. The cigarette smell wasn't as bad, but the mold smell was horrible, especially in the bathroom. It was actually nauseating. I asked Kayla, the clerk that showed me the room, if she would stay in either one of these rooms, and she replied "NO." I rest my case.

Room Tip: The building needs to be condemned.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My hat's off to Manager Jacob for my 2 night stay at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West. I found my non-smoking, single, king-size bed room quite affordable, comforting, quite, and just what I needed while visiting San Ramon, CA for a spiritual retreat. Employees Kayla Austin (hmmm....I am a native Austin, TX gal :-) ), Jacilyn Ramerez (sp?), Mark Correra, and Maria were super nice and helpful. When in San Ramon, CA, I highly recommend staying at this place where I felt like it was a home away from home with folks that felt like fast friends and family just out of the blue! Thank you to everyone at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West for all you do on a daily basis to take such great care of each individual who happens your way. All the best, Love, and Peace, Heather Marie Watson from Austin, Texas (an Amma devotee) <3 <3 <3 and I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff politely, please :-)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We have stayed here several times with no problems. This time our non smoking room was 103. It is right across from a smoking area so cigarette smoke is present all the time. We were able to move to 305 which helped a lot but again the areas next to stair well are designated for smoking (less of a problem on 3 with also more non enclose space then 1st floor. Recommend staying in middle of each floor did last time stay at other end and do not remember any cigarette smoking there. They did respond quickly to our complaint and move us. The fans in the bathrooms in both these rooms were very loud and on their last legs. They should be replaced. Otherwise clean/acceptable room on 3.

Room Tip: See above avoid 101,103,105.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here a week for work
Good location - walk to shopping and restaurants
Staff friendly
I see the effort to renovate however cheap materials and workmanship evident
Carpet had obvious stains that should be addressed before reassigning room to new guests
Thin walls. Heard neighbor snoring all night
Large suite equipped with full kitchen
Comfy bed
Available laundry facilities
No dry cleaning on site
Breakfast very minimal...coffee muffin granola bar fruit

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 months and it was excellent experience. Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. We recommend this hotel to stay. The hotel is located at a great location. It is good for business purpose or for with family fun. San Francisco is near and lot of places to see.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional customer service during your stay. Also, I am pleased that you found our location to be convenient for sight-seeing in San Francisco.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I must say I have been online and I read the reviews before staying. I was almost positive that I would have a horrible experience. I did not experience Any of the negative things that went on with the other trip advisor Reviews. From the moment I stepped in the doors Emily Was greeting me, She was so genuine . Check in was a breeze. My room was clean. No plumbing issues for me. & every staff member I encountered (David,Maria and Emily) were very warm & pleasant. So in conclusion after reading all these negative reviews I felt a need to put this positive review on here to let people know that this hotel is a good hotel And they should stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our staff for providing the best customer service to give you that home away from home feeling." I am pleased that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
#3 of 6 in Dublin
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#3 of 8 in San Ramon

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!