Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My room had a closed window.room should be open when ever we cook something or to get the fresh air in which is disgusting in the night times.
Internet speed is not good.
Bed is not so comfortable.it bends down when you sit in the edges.

• Stayed: June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Rocky - We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We are sorry that our free Wi-Fi and your bed did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, we are working with our internet provider to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi and we are placing an order for new mattresses.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked 2 rooms for 4 nights for a family wedding. We had 5 children to split between the rooms with adults. They put us at the opposite ends of two different buildings even after I made the reservations over two months in advance and explained our need at that time. They then made arrangements for us to stay at San Ramon East (there are two of these hotels in San Ramon) for 2 nights while they solved the problem. When we arrived there, one of the rooms had not been cleaned...they found us another one, but we had to settle for one of them being a smoking room. We had to check out of there at 11 AM on the day of the wedding rehearsal and couldn't check back into West until 4 PM. We had 5 kids ages 10 and under to get ready for rehearsal at 5 PM. The last 2 nights at West were very difficult, our 2 queen beds had a horrible,very loud noise EVERY time someone turned over. And if it wasn't the bed noise it was the refrigerator noise or the air conditioner noise (all VERY loud) No one got very much sleep. Not worth the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Casey H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Casey - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are very sorry to hear that we were not able to accommodate your request and that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. To prevent this from happening again, our staff will make sure that when 2 or more rooms are booked by the same party that we will try to place them in rooms as close as possible. We will also inspect our mattresses to make sure they are meeting our standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This was a filthy hotel. My bathroom had urine all over the seat and under the rim. The floor was still wet from where the shower leaked from the previous guest. The room was dusty and hair was found on the kitchen counter and bathroom floor and counters. I cleaned the room myself after I complained. They didn't even offer to clean it. You have to request a kit with dishes so u can have a cup or spoon. Our kit didn't have any spoons and the stuff we did get was dirty. I went to the manager and he felt bad but still didn't offer to have it cleaned. Do not waste your money or time here. It was beyond disappointing.

Stayed: July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had such severe cleanliness issues in your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am am reviewing cleanliness standards with my staff to ensure that all rooms are clean for our guests. As well, I do apologize that you received such poor service from my staff. I will be meeting with them to review customer service standards and to discuss how we can better attend to our guests needs. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at srm@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stay here frequently while traveling to the bay area on business as while it's about 30 miles from my office - it's near family and i get to take advantage of visiting while on business. In the past i have have problems with being able to check in early, even if rooms were available - as that is a huge plus for me. I arrive early and like to get settled and work remotely. They are now under new management and this last stay I was able to check in 2 hours early and even received an email from the new manager thanking me for my stay. The hotel is always, clean and I have found it to be very quiet. Good location - close to freeway access without a lot of noise and several dining choices nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, quiet room and our location during your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Next to the one time as a young adult I was stuck in Mexico when the border was closed to military travel and I was forced to stay in a hotel there...this was my worst experience. I travel to this area 1-2 x's a month for business for 2-4 nights. I hadn't ever stayed here, but everything was booked. I called ahead at 3pm and let them know I was arriving late. When I arrived at 1am, I was checked in to a smoking room, and I am seriously nausiated by smoke smell. I was so tired and they said there were no other rooms. The bed was so broke down it was nearly on the floor, The pillows, linen, towels were all smoke soaked. There was no hair dryer, or shampoo. The front office was suppose to open at 7am, but when I called at 705...still not open yet. The entire experience was awefu. When I checked out (and yes I wasn't staying another night) - no one apologized or offered any sort of consolation. The clerk said "you asked for that room", handed me a bill, and moved on to the next guest. Do yourself a favor - consider sleeping in your car if you are that desperate!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the odors in your room and the level of customer service during your stay. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very quiet night with comfortable bed! Facility is somewhat hidden among tall trees and in same parking lot as Office Depot; across street is Costco, Burger King, easy walk. Breakfast offered in lobby was "grab and go" with packaged muffins, granola bars and banana/orange/apples. That suited me fine as I only stayed 1 night; otherwise I would have enjoyed the kitchenette and some frozen dinners and my favorite cereal from home. I did use my in-room coffee maker, worked fine. I would stay here again when attending future meetings in area. One problem was the inside security latch was mis-aligned for the door. Check-in was super easy, prepaid online reservations, used an online service. Room was priced exactly as promised.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Brenda - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that our grab-and-go breakfast left you satisfied.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel was ok for the price. My friends stayed in another room and did not like it but I was ok with the accommodations. The bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Other than that, the highlight of our stay was the front desk agent that checked us in the first night. His name is Juan but we called him Juan the Bomb.com. He went above and beyond trying to make the stay for my rather picky friends stay better. He has a great sense of humor, fantastic customer service skills and an excellent asset to the hotel. Thank you Juan for making our stay a better one.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Shannon - I want to thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room during your stay with us. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our staff, especially Juan. I am happy that he provided you with such good customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Best Western Danville Sycamore Inn
Holiday Inn Dublin
Holiday Inn Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!