“Don't come here,it is a disaster!”

Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Antioch, United States
“Don't come here,it is a disaster!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

How can the east extended be so opposite from the west location? It was as if we were motel 6 in a ghetto. We just left the Rennisance sports club for 139.00 with amentities, and for 20.00 extra we had all you can eat morning hot buffet or made to go breakfast. Not muffins and fruit. Disappointing! The police were on site upon arrival,although I made the reservation my husband could not check in for us; because " wives leave their husbands and the husband get stuck with the bill", said the clerk, another guest came to the counter as I was checking in and said " don't worry I am not going to complain this time, the hallway smelled like cat urine and a bar, the bed in our room had hairs in the bed upon arrival. The clerk said they don't keep dishes in the room because people steal them and his co worker said it was for sanatization purposes? Confusing and an environment that I knew we made a mistake with. We stayed in the west previously and it was great. Completely different experience. Breakfast included is a joke, a grab and go is not impressive as you select "include breakfast" with reservation. Plus there were fruit flies at the check in counter, which meant something was rotten. Extremely dissatisfied and disappointed to cut our vacation short, because we checked out 5-10 min after we checked in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Andrea - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. The level of service and condition of your room that you described are unacceptable. Please accept our apologies. We will retrain our staff to make sure we are always providing our guests with quality service. We will also begin inspecting all areas of our hotel to ensure they meet our standards.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact us directly, at sra@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked a room online for my teenage son and I, specifically reserving a room with a queen bed and a pull out couch. When we arrived, we were given a room with a queen bed at best, no pull out couch. When I complained to the front desk and explained that this was unacceptable, I was told that there are only 2 rooms in the hotel with a queen and pull out couch so they are hard to secure. Finally, they upgraded me to a room with 2 beds but charged me more for each night!! I felt this was misleading as I never would have stayed there for the increased amount, and was not told that the queen with pull out couch room was not available when I made my reservation. I will say Morgan and Jay at the front desk are very nice and did the best that they could to help the situation.

Room Tip: Double check before arriving and make sure the room you are going to get is what you reserved.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryE995
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Mary - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We strive to provide our guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that we were not able to accommodate your request. In response to your feedback, we will be reviewing our reservation procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, we would like to hear it. Please contact us, at sra@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
sausalito, ca
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I rented 3 rooms for 2 nights for my crew. No one was happy. As acruz said: no amenities, not even a hair dryer. No basket in coffee pot to be able to brew provided bag of coffee. No extra blankets, not warned that towels are not offered daily unless an 8 day stay, not warned housekeeping not a daily event and I made these reservations by phone not on-line. Phone in room 231 inop and was not fixed after being reported (probably still doesn't work), drawer in bedstead dirty, carpets not clean, one of my crew's shower curtain was moldy and she had no dishes/glasses in the kitchenette (room 331?). I will not be using an extended stay property for any of my future assignments. The only reason that I gave it a 2 was the desk person was pleasant, the TV worked and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We read your comments about your stay with us and would like to take a moment to personally respond. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We have spoken to our front desk staff to ensure that they are communicating our policies during check-in. Kitchenware, hair dryers, and toiletries are stored in a clean, sterile environment at our front desk for each of our guests. We also replenish towels whenever requested at the front desk. We apologize that you were not informed of these amenities. In addition, we are making sure to take care of all guest issues in a timely manner, such as the non-working phone. We also apologize that our level of cleanliness was not up to standards. We will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned properly.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention, so we can continue to improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these San Ramon hotels

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We came to this area for my nephew's graduation. The location was great and the price was affordable. The room was clean and comfortable for the price. We would stay here again. The beds are fairly comfortable too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Ontario, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Checked in 5/14/14 and stayed in room # 105. As I walked in hotel I smelled a strong detergent order. Front desk person friendly, however asked for wake up call and hotel doesn't provide. I was told to use my cell phone.

Walked in room and noticed no shampoo or face cream, not provided by hotel. Need to use bar soap provided. Now the nightmare starts I checked under bed sheets for cleanliness and to my behold I couldn't believe what I discovered. Major blood stains and urine on mattress. I called down stairs and explained what I discovered and was told sorry sold out and we will bring you extra bed sheets. I was blown away! It was past 11:00 PM and I was dead tired to find another room. Ended up sleeping in recliner chair in room.
Next day I took all my belongings and got the heck out of this dump.
Took plenty of pictures and sent to family and friends.
Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less a/c noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a problem trying to get a reservation through the internet so had went straight to the hotel. They unfortunately only had smoking rooms left. Jonella and Isabella spent a lot of their time helping us find another hotel in the area. They found us one at a great price just down the road. It was another Exteded Stay America and we were happy with that. We appreciated all their time and friendliness.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

this place is a little bit difficult to find as it is hidden behind many mature trees. Office Depot is in same parking lot with Costco and Burger King across street-- easy walk. Check-in was super easy, I used an online service and the price was exactly as promised. quiet night, very comfortable bed. Enjoyed "grab and go" breakfast of packaged pastry, banana/orange/apple and granola bars. If i ever stay more than 1 night I will enjoy the well-supplied kitchenette; getting frozen dinners and my favorite cereal from home. Used coffee maker in room, worked fine. TV worked fine. I will stay here again when attending meetings in area. Only problem with room was the inside security latch was mis-aligned on door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Residence Inn San Ramon
Residence Inn San Ramon
#4 of 8 in San Ramon
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East? Share your experiences!