“Comforts of home, awesome hospitality”

Residence Inn San Ramon
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayd here a couple times last year on business. The place is well maintained, clean and with friendly and accommodating staff. There wasn't much to see in this area but they made sure I was able to see nearby places and recommended places to go on weekends.

I especially want to mention Sheila, the breakfast buffet cook, Yoshi, one of the front desk staff, Jose one of the drivers. They made my stay very memorable. They are all so helpful and made me feel right at work. It was my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words about your hotel. We're so appreciative of your continued loyalty each time you visit San Ramon. I have shared your review with Sheila, Yoshi and Jose and thank you for recognizing our great staff!! It makes our day to know that we made a difference in your stay here at your home away from home!!!! We look forward to seeing you when you are next in San Ramon!!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Ramon

Reviewed 15 October 2012

During my last few trips to East Bay Area, I have stayed here for several weeks. There is no place I have felt better staying - very convenient location - shops, restaurants, all other amenities nearby. Friendly and responsive staff, they have taken my suggestions for improvement seriously as I found out in It is right next to the Iron Horse Trail is also good - you could take long morning/evening walks on it. The San Ramon Central Park is also close by. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us in San Ramon last year. We are so glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy our centralized location, being near shopping, a variety of restaurants and the Iron Horse Trail. We also appreciate the feedback you gave while staying with us. This is how we are able to continually improve our service and hotel....through guests like you!! Thanks again and we look forward to being your home away from home when you next travel to San Ramon!!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here for the first time during a business trip at a nearby office. Very pleased with the stay. The room (although a studio, not separate bedroom) was huge, with a large kitchen, good sized couch (which I gather is also a sofabed), good desk and a breakfast bar into the kitchen.

The kitchen itself was well-equipped: big fridge, microwave and two hot plates, with plenty of utensils and pots etc.

The room also had one opening window, which I really like to get away from having to rely entirely on the airconditioning.

Breakfast (free) is available in the reception area, and it is the usual limited (but very adequate) buffet style, with cereals, breads, waffles and hot dishes. Nice to see some healthier cereals (raisin bran and special K) rather than the usual sugar-laden offerings.

The best thing however is the convenience of the nearby facilities: Right across the road is the Marketplace shopping area with
- an excellent supermarket (Nob Hill) with fresh fruit/vegetables, fish, butchers etc. To be able to cook a meal rather than rely on takeout or restaurants every day is nice when on an extended stay.
- several restaurants, with both takeout and dine-in.

You also get free use of the Fitness 19 gym, which is large, well equipped and open from 5am to 10pm. The operators tell me that it is never busy before 9am, nor in the weekends (the times when I was there) so you can be confident to take the 100 yard walk. (There is a "fitness room" off reception, but it has one treadmill of unknown quality, so better to go across to the Fitness 19 Gym).

For cyclists, it backs right onto the Iron Horse Trail, which is a paved dedicated cycle/running path that goes all the way from Dublin in the south through past Concord in the North. It has very easy grades, so family friendly (but does give access to Mount Diablo which has several tough on-road and off-road climbs, for the serious cyclist).

There is also a coin-operated laundry ($1.50 in quarters for each of the washing machine and drier, but this did include washing powder), so good if you're on a long stay.

Be aware that some of the apartments are 80 yards or more from reception, and some back onto Bollinger Canyon Road which can be busy. There are ground (first) floor rooms and second floor rooms, but no elevator, so again make sure that you specify your preference when booking. It is also behind a Valero Gas Station and the noise of the carwash might disturb some people (it seems to be used from 6am to 10pm everyday!).

Car parking is in the open but no problem getting a park just about right outside my door each day.

Room Tip: Consider the distance from reception, distance from the road, and whether you want to be on First or...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew_NZ120

Andrew,

Thanks so much for writing such a well thought out, detailed review of our hotel. It's reviews like yours that paint such a great picture of a property that readers have never seen and they can get a very clear picture of the in's and out's of our property.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels next bring you to San Ramon.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I recently stayed for a wedding, this place is a gem! Perfect location with restaurants, shopping, and a great value. Rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast (included) was not the usual cereal and bagels, HOT breakfast, eggs, sausage, etc. VERY friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks so much for your feedback on our hotel during your stay last October. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience here and hope that you enjoyed a wonderful wedding as well!! We look forward to having you with us on your next trip to San Ramon!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is our first but not last Residence Inn. A great location with great value and very clean lines. Breakfast not bad even hot food varying each day eggs Benjamin, pancakes, French Toast, and scrambled eggs, plus fruit and yogurt. Not a bad freebee. The rooms are large and very clean and a full enough kitchen at better than competitive pricing! The location worked very well for us. My only complaint is they do not have safes in the rooms (but must say they have pretty secure facilities). I like that a good grocery is nearby, a Starbucks-though their coffee was not bad. I will return to this Inn again on my next stay, we were in a king studio and would want it again.

Room Tip: 124 is above the sport court with some evening light but great black out curtains otherwise very qui...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for sharing your experience staying with us last July. I appreciate your taking the time to compliment our hot buffet breakfast and fully-equipped kitchen. Though we do have security deposit boxes in the lobby, in-room safes would be an alternative that we can look into as well. Thank you for the suggestion!!! We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to San Ramon.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here only because it was the only place we could stay in on such short notice.
It is quiet beings it is not close to the freeway.
We got a "shower room", which meant it was a handicapped room. Which meant not much counter space in the bathroom or a decent closet to hang up dresses and slacks. With that said it was a great handicapped room but it wasn't what I would want for a long term stay as I am not handicapped.
There was no iron in our room when we got there, but the staff was quick to send us one.
The second day our fan unit in our bathroom was dripping steadily. I had taken a six mile hike on the Iron Horse Trail ( which is directly behind the hotel, nice!) and I needed a shower. I had to wait for maintenance to fix it. I may be off base here but I think they should of given us another room and fixed it with me out of the room. I got to watch the drip while he flushed the toilet above me to see if that was the problem. Kind of funny as I like to be helpful, but dang it I wanted a shower! LOL
On our express check out we were charged for bottled water, which we did not drink. That too was taken care of.
The room was clean and comfortable.
If you have kids the park is directly across from the hotel and it's beautiful. Skate park, baseball/soccer field, Starbucks and various ethnic and American restaurants across the street from the hotel as well.
We went to the Hop Yard for beer and dinner. Beer is great but the food was not.
If you stay in San Ramon be sure to check out my restaurant reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to San Ramon and taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn. We will share your feedback with our staff here at the property to help improve our service. It sounds like our maintanence team was trying to be helpful with the bathroom leak, but they probably could have returned at a later time so that you could take your shower!
Thanks for your feedback and we hope that you enjoyed your stay with us!!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed there for around 6 months. It does the job. The staff is very helpful and nice.

You are close to everything you need in San Ramon.

However, the sound and heat isolation is not the best. So is you want a quiet place, ask for a second floor room.

Also, avoid the rooms next to the electrical rooms. The buzzing noise almsot drove me insane.

But the manager was very accomodating in giving me another room

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks so much for choosing the Residence Inn for your six-month stay in San Ramon. And thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will follow up on your feedback about the guest rooms near the electrical rooms to see if there is a way to improve the sound insulation on those walls.
Thank you for your business and we hope that you choose Residence Inn again when in the San Ramon area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Hyatt House Pleasanton
Hyatt House Pleasanton
#3 of 14 in Pleasanton
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to Residence Inn San Ramon? Share your experiences!