“Very comfortable, clean and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn San Ramon

Residence Inn San Ramon
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Oak Forest, IL
“Very comfortable, clean and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

On vacation with other ladies, we had two, two-bedroom suites (422 and 622). Our rooms were on the second floor and since we had heavy luggage we had hoped for an elevator but we managed to get our luggage up there. My bedroom backed up to the highway and I didn't even realize it until the next day, it was very quiet in my bedroom, I didn't hear the television from the other bedroom either.

There was a power outage late one evening and one of the ladies in our group went to the front desk to inquire about it and they gave her a flashlight to use until the power came back on, that was quite helpful.

Negatives: one of the bedrooms in our suite was missing the smoke alarm. Also, our room was located at the end of our building and I felt it was a bit dark by our stairwell at night and the stairwell is on the side of the building, not visible from the parking lot. However, when the power was out, the emergency lights lit up the stairwell adequately.

Complimentary breakfast was good and included scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the usual breakfast selection. As a Pepsi drinker, I was very happy to see Pepsi products at the self-serve fountain (available 24/7). The breakfast worker kept the area spotless and food items filled.

The location was great, within walking distance of Starbucks and a great casual restaurant/bar and food market.

I definitely recommend this Residence Inn and if I am ever in the area I will stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in an end unit, it was very quiet but keep in mind there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Residence Inn! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation in San Ramon (aside from the evening power outage!!) and were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities at and around our hotel (Starbucks and our complimentary breakfast!). Thanks also for your feedback in regards to the building lighting at night. I will make sure that we look into ways that we can brighten up the darker areas of the hotel like where you were located.

Thanks again and thanks for staying with us! We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Davis, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I regularly stay in this hotel while working in San Ramon. The rooms are quite spacious -- more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. Note, however, that there is NOT a separate bedroom so perhaps not ideal for those traveling with kids. The seating area has a small desk+chair, lounge chair and ottoman style sofa with TV/entertainment unit. There is a small kitchenette with full size fridge, range, sink, microwave (no oven). I have always found these rooms to be very quiet and comfortable.

The breakfast is solid and what you would expect from a Residence Inn (waffles, bagels, yogurt, etc. in a comfortable seating area). There is a small outdoor pool, though I've never used it. I stay hear for the peace and quiet after a long day at work!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Brad,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our property and that it's both quiet and comfortable for you after a long day at work. Most of all, thanks so much for your continued loyalty when in San Ramon. We really appreciate your business!!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Not sure how many of me they though there were. A two bedroom apartment for one guest is a bit of overkill. Bed was very comfortable. Room showed other signs of wear and abuse. Like a smoke detector that was supposed to be wall-mounted, but was dangling from a wire. Or an electrical outlet face plate duct-taped in place.

Very convenient to my meetings. Breakfast was not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for giving your feedback of your stay with us in February. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you think. It sounds as though you stayed in our Two-Bedroom suite as our standard Studio Suites may have been fully occupied during the time you were here. If you would e-mail directly at "jeff.sugimura@marriott.com" and let me know specifically what you felt our breakfast lacked or did not meet Marriott standards as well as where you stayed so that I can ensure that the smoke detector and electrical outlet issues have indeed been resolved by our maintenance team.
Thanks again for your candid feedback. It is specific responses like this that help us improve our hotel and service for future guests!!
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayd here a couple times last year on business. The place is well maintained, clean and with friendly and accommodating staff. There wasn't much to see in this area but they made sure I was able to see nearby places and recommended places to go on weekends.

I especially want to mention Sheila, the breakfast buffet cook, Yoshi, one of the front desk staff, Jose one of the drivers. They made my stay very memorable. They are all so helpful and made me feel right at work. It was my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your kind words about your hotel. We're so appreciative of your continued loyalty each time you visit San Ramon. I have shared your review with Sheila, Yoshi and Jose and thank you for recognizing our great staff!! It makes our day to know that we made a difference in your stay here at your home away from home!!!! We look forward to seeing you when you are next in San Ramon!!
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

During my last few trips to East Bay Area, I have stayed here for several weeks. There is no place I have felt better staying - very convenient location - shops, restaurants, all other amenities nearby. Friendly and responsive staff, they have taken my suggestions for improvement seriously as I found out in It is right next to the Iron Horse Trail is also good - you could take long morning/evening walks on it. The San Ramon Central Park is also close by. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us in San Ramon last year. We are so glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy our centralized location, being near shopping, a variety of restaurants and the Iron Horse Trail. We also appreciate the feedback you gave while staying with us. This is how we are able to continually improve our service and hotel....through guests like you!! Thanks again and we look forward to being your home away from home when you next travel to San Ramon!!
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed here for the first time during a business trip at a nearby office. Very pleased with the stay. The room (although a studio, not separate bedroom) was huge, with a large kitchen, good sized couch (which I gather is also a sofabed), good desk and a breakfast bar into the kitchen.

The kitchen itself was well-equipped: big fridge, microwave and two hot plates, with plenty of utensils and pots etc.

The room also had one opening window, which I really like to get away from having to rely entirely on the airconditioning.

Breakfast (free) is available in the reception area, and it is the usual limited (but very adequate) buffet style, with cereals, breads, waffles and hot dishes. Nice to see some healthier cereals (raisin bran and special K) rather than the usual sugar-laden offerings.

The best thing however is the convenience of the nearby facilities: Right across the road is the Marketplace shopping area with
- an excellent supermarket (Nob Hill) with fresh fruit/vegetables, fish, butchers etc. To be able to cook a meal rather than rely on takeout or restaurants every day is nice when on an extended stay.
- several restaurants, with both takeout and dine-in.

You also get free use of the Fitness 19 gym, which is large, well equipped and open from 5am to 10pm. The operators tell me that it is never busy before 9am, nor in the weekends (the times when I was there) so you can be confident to take the 100 yard walk. (There is a "fitness room" off reception, but it has one treadmill of unknown quality, so better to go across to the Fitness 19 Gym).

For cyclists, it backs right onto the Iron Horse Trail, which is a paved dedicated cycle/running path that goes all the way from Dublin in the south through past Concord in the North. It has very easy grades, so family friendly (but does give access to Mount Diablo which has several tough on-road and off-road climbs, for the serious cyclist).

There is also a coin-operated laundry ($1.50 in quarters for each of the washing machine and drier, but this did include washing powder), so good if you're on a long stay.

Be aware that some of the apartments are 80 yards or more from reception, and some back onto Bollinger Canyon Road which can be busy. There are ground (first) floor rooms and second floor rooms, but no elevator, so again make sure that you specify your preference when booking. It is also behind a Valero Gas Station and the noise of the carwash might disturb some people (it seems to be used from 6am to 10pm everyday!).

Car parking is in the open but no problem getting a park just about right outside my door each day.

Room Tip: Consider the distance from reception, distance from the road, and whether you want to be on First or...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew_NZ120
Andrew,

Thanks so much for writing such a well thought out, detailed review of our hotel. It's reviews like yours that paint such a great picture of a property that readers have never seen and they can get a very clear picture of the in's and out's of our property.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again when your travels next bring you to San Ramon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

I recently stayed for a wedding, this place is a gem! Perfect location with restaurants, shopping, and a great value. Rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast (included) was not the usual cereal and bagels, HOT breakfast, eggs, sausage, etc. VERY friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your feedback on our hotel during your stay last October. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience here and hope that you enjoyed a wonderful wedding as well!! We look forward to having you with us on your next trip to San Ramon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
BEST WESTERN Danville Sycamore Inn
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Residence Inn San Ramon? Share your experiences!