“Nice stay for business trip”
Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 29 January 2012

A group of colleagues and I recently stayed at the San Ramon Marriott for several nights. We were attending a work function hosted at the hotel. The stay was nice and I enjoyed my time at the hotel.

The hotel is definitely a Marriott property -- you see most of the tell-tale signs in terms of amenities, layout, etc. However, the rooms left the impression of being nicer than a standard Marriott. The room was good sized, the bedding felt upgraded, and the flow of the room was nice. There was a significant sized balcony to enjoy.

The hotel is not in the most convenient location. It is fine if you need to be in San Ramon. However, it is not a "destination" you go unless there is a purpose. That does play to the favor of the person staying at the hotel though. It is a quiet location where sleeping is easy and restful. I always appreciate this very much. Spending many nights away from home, getting good rest is important.

Room service was good. The menu selection was another feeling of something upgraded from standard Marriott. The same menu is served in the restaurant downstairs which was laid out somewhat casually to make it easy for a group to sit together.

The service was great and helpful staff were plentiful. The room was clean and serviced nicely each day.

Overall, this is a good choice if you need to be in the San Ramon/Pleasanton/Danville area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thank you for your comments. We try very hard to meet the expectations of our guests attending meetins at the hotel. We are delighted to hear that the hotel worked out well for the meeting that you were attending.

There are newer reviews for San Ramon Marriott

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Convenient place to stay for business travel in the region. The rooms are clean and quiet. The fitness is fairly large and well-kept. It can be busy at certain times, depending on the clientele. The bar is friendly and service there is fast (drink and food). Convenient to the Grand Target and a Whole Foods, as well as a couple of small restaurants.Staff is friendly and check-in was very quick (which I like since I normally tired of traveling when I get there). I don't really like that they charge for parking.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Easy access on and off Hwy 680; whenever we are in the Danville/San Ramon area, we make a habit of staying at this well kept hotel. My husband appreciates their work-out room and our granddaughter loves the pool during the summer months. The price is right, the beds are comfortable, the linens are silky and the location is perfect for our needs. We always ask for a room (on any floor) at the extreme south east corner of the building. It is a bit of a walk from the lobby, but these rooms have private patios (no difference in the room rate) and one feels safe in leaving the glass slider ajar at night for fresh air. In the evening, after traffic dies down on Bishop Drive, these rooms are very quiet. An added plus for this hotel, there is a Peets Coffee Shop (our favorite) within walking distance at the Bishop Rance Shopping Center AND a Whole Foods grocery store. Normally, we pay under $100 for a great room (before tax); consequently, we consider this hotel to be a great value.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room (on any floor) at the extreme south east corner of the building. These room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank beaujangle
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This Marriott is perfectly placed for work with Chevron at its San Ramon HQ. The hotel provided free internet when we mentioned 'Chevron'.

The car parking is a little queer - quite a long way from the lobby, and you need to use your room key to get in and out through the barrier.

I was hoping to be upgraded, as I am presently a Silver tier of their club. Instead, I was given (without explanation) a disabled access room. It was clean and comfortable - and as I said, well placed for Chevron.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Stephen A
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I arrived late on a Sunday night and my key was ready for me withing a couple of minutes. The room was nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was on the top floor and my room had a sliding glass door which led to a small stucco enclosed patio. I had a great view of the mountains. I had a pasta meal in the restaurant and the food was very good for the price.

My room was on the same floor as the concierge lounge. The concierge lounge is stocked with free non-alcoholic beverages as well as a full breakfast in the morning and a light meal in the evening. If you really wanted to, there was enough food there to not have to go out for dinner. The concierge lounge also had a TV that had additional channels not found in the rooms and two computer stations. The concierge lounge also had a huge patio with tables that I did not get to enjoy because of the rainy weather.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever came back to San Ramon. I was a little scared to book here because of all the mixed reviews, but I had an excellent stay and really found nothing wrong with the place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikki K
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We greatly appreciate the nice comments and look forward to your group returning for many years.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

My family and I stayed at the hotel from Thursday to Sunday. The "corner" room was huge, clean and quiet. The hotel had made wonderful accommodations for a very large group of people who were attending and performing at the Hula Festival in Pleasanton. The room rates were amazing. The weather changed on Saturday - it rained for several hours. The hotel provided umbrellas. It was great. The musicians and dancers performed in the lobby and a great time was had by all. It is a very family friendly place. The food was great too!

Room Tip: we asked for a corner room as we had 4 people in the room. The additional room and lounge chair wer...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KTidwell
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here for a wedding. The bar is a great hang out. The rooms are modern and beds comfortable. Walking distance to Target, Whole Foods, and a bagel shop.

• Stayed: October 2011
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Best Western Danville Sycamore Inn

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!