“Nice hotel, but no special treatment for loyalty”
Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Reviewed 30 November 2013

They have grits! I was here for the weekend and I was happy to see that their breakfast buffet had grits. Being from VA, it makes me feel less far away from home to have grits for breakfast. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean as usual, and the bed was comfortable. HOWEVER, On the downside of things, not to sound like a snob but I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the type of room upgrade I was hoping for based on my platinum status and on top of that I did not receive a refrigerator liked I asked for. Even though I checked in at 5pm, I heard the front desk clerk mumble that my original room was not ready and it took the person 5-10 minutes to find me a good room. Moments like those make me wonder if I might have had a better room lined up for me. When I got to my room it had a balcony and no outdoor furniture like all the other balcony rooms around me did. I also did not like the fact that they no longer have the orange ginger shampoo, Conditioner, and soup that I'm use to. That's why I didn't rate this recent experience as high as before. However with all the little things set aside, this is still a great place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank a125
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Glad the grits made you feel at home in California. Regret that your stay with us was less than 100% satisfactory and hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Were five days in the San Ramon Marriott. Have seldom seen a more friendly hotel staff. They were courteous and helpful in every way. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was good and again the service persons were wonderful. Has a nice pool and seating in the back, which we did not use because of a cold snap.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Sincerely thank you for yourkind comments. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is your average chain hotel in suburbia. While OK, it's nothing to write home about. And, then to be charged $12 for overnight parking as a guest is the sign of a true rip-off. This hotel is in suburbia. While in the San Francisco area, it's in the bay area and anyone without a car will have a long, expensive cab ride to get here and won't be able to walk anywhere from here. So why would a a suburban, low-rise hotel charge for parking. Because they're greedy. Mr. Marriott, you would be ashamed of this operation.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel and stay elsewhere where you won't be nickled and dimed for what every suburban...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Checkemout

Truly regret that your stay with us was less than 100% satisfactory. Because a large majority of our guests prefer valet services, we have a professional parking company that provides a better experience for guests arriving at our hotel with valet and self parking options. Hope to have the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed in a lot of Marriotts and this is one of the better ones. The rooms are quiet and clean. I was visiting nearby Chevron corporate headquarters and it is within walking distance. The hotel sits behind a strip mall but is very quiet. The rooms are large with full desks and fairly large bathrooms. I did not eat here so I cannot comment on the restaurant. I did have a chance to use the concierge lounge. It had a nice view but we got their before happy hour so there was only soda and pretzels. The view was good from the lounge and it featured outside desk as well.

The prices here were a bit steep compared to other similar properties I've stayed in but it was in California.

Room Tip: Try get a room on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BillB415

We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here Oct 28 to Nov 1st.The hotel was at or above, the level to be expected from this type of Marriott hotel in all aspects. The staff were very friendly and professional from arrival to departure in all areas. Really pleasant and friendly front desk staff who were able to help me with a few extra business requirements I had. Very friendly staff in the lounge area, and the food was good. Hotel was clean, rooms were in good shape. Overall nothing to complain about from this stay. I usually only stay at Marriott hotels for business trips like this one, but i have 2 rooms booked for 6 days for a family trip staying at the Anaheim Marriott in early December. I hope my stay there will be as good as my 4 days at the San Ramon Marriott was.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We are truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel has the usual Marriot style. Hotel staff are courteous. The room is neat and cleaned daily. The hotel environment is clean, quiet and beautiful. It shares a fence with a Target store and other shops. There were a lot of guests at the time I travelled and I witnessed a wedding ceremony there. Sleep quality is good. The hotel has a shuttle bus which takes guests to various locations. The hotel food is good. I will go back there anytime I am in San Ramon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

We sincerely thank you for your kind comments. The San Ramon Marriott looks forward to having the opportrunity of serving you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is actually a very mice hotel, just as you'd expect from Marriott. It's clean, nicely appointed and the linens and bedding are of good quality. However, the motion-sensor controlled thermostat sucks. I awoke several times during the night drenched in sweat because the AC shut off while I slept - talk about ruining a good night's sleep! So I will not stay here again, because I value my sleep.

Room Tip: stay at a hotel that doesn't use the motion sensor controlled thermostats
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Regret that we were not able to provide 100% satisfaction during your stay. Although the air conditioning turns on again when the temperature is not at selected setting, we do understand preference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!