“Attended an Event - Staff was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
San Mateo, California
“Attended an Event - Staff was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I attended a board game convention, DunDraCon, at this hotel over the President's Day weekend. I have gone to lots of conventions over my lifetime, and most of the time the staff tries to stay out of the way, and if you need them they're polite but really sick of people. SO not the case at the San Ramon Marriott. I never opened a door for myself when entering the building- there was always a staff member a few steps ahead of me ready to open the door. There were stations with large water jugs and cups throughout the ballroom areas, and they were ALWAYS full and the water was always nice and cold.

I had lunch in the hotel restaurant on Sunday. They were running some specials for the convention, and also had a really yummy looking full menu. My two friends and I each had an entree, and split a dessert. Our server, Andrea, went above and beyond. She made sure our drinks were always full, made sure we had condiments, and asked several times if we had everything we needed. All with a smile, and some kind words about how she always found the attendees of this convention to be extra nice. She asked questions about the convention and was very enthusiastic. If you stay here, I hope you encounter her, because she is fantastic. I also had the breakfast buffet two days, and everything was yummy. The omelette station had lots of options, the bacon was always full, and most importantly, my coffee cup was never empty.

They also had a cash-only area set up where convention attendees could grab a quick bite or a drink that seemed very well priced and good-quality. When I ducked out of a game around 9pm to grab a quick coffee-and-a-cookie pick-me-up (only $3 total!), the staffer made a point to tell me to keep my cup and I could get a free refill before midnight. Like I said before, I've been to a lot of cons and stayed in a lot of hotels, and that was a first!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Had an awesome stay on this gorgeous hotel. Great customer focus, clean and fresh decor.

Bar was friendly and clean, although a little slow. Close to where I needed to be, great location near good food and shopping. Thanks for a splendid stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriott in San Ramon on business. While I was there, the hotel experienced a total teenage invasion, as they were hosting some big high school competition.

The minute I saw the crowds and smelled the Axe body spray, I really started to cringe. At check in, the gentleman working reception was very thoughtful to let me know that there was group in house and to let him know if I needed anything during the stay.

Despite the noise in the hallways, the room was very well insulated from the groups excitement. They didn't bother me at all. The beds were just heavenly, though I think that brand name belongs to the Starwood Chain. The rooms were very clean, large, and spacious.

Breakfast was great and the location was perfect for anyone in the San Ramon area on business.

I will definitely return and stay at this hotel again. Well done, Marriott. Well done.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location within the Bishop Ranch area. It's wooded and does not seem at all to be in the hustle / bustle of the surrounding areas. The staff is all very friendly and welcoming from the minute to check in, the parking attendants, the front desk staff, etc.
Our room faced a wooden area with a great view and was at the end of a very long hall with we had minimal noise from other hotel guests.
The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom amenities and facilities were good as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the property and our staff. It is great to hear our guests describe their stay providing valuable feedback. The San Ramon Marriott truly looks forward to serving you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

stayed on business and its a good fit for purpose hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable, wi-fi access and decent sized television. Gym is okay but equipment isn't extensive.
Room service is timely and food/drink options are good. Staff are friendly and helpful and they were really the only commentable as being above expectation for a brand hotel.
I would stay there again for business but it is in the middle of no where, the BART to get into the city is a $20 taxi journey and you have to book. The local shopping mall is soulless and limited so nothing to do locally if you're there for a weekend.

Room Tip: Two room tips, ask for a room away from the freeway, its not overly noisy but the background noise i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James A
Although our guests are mainly corporate, we do have wineries, golf and an auto museum as delighters for our leisure guests. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments. Although we cater mainly to the corporage segment, we make every attempt to provide a great experience to our leisure guests with wineries and golf nearby. We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you again.
Los Osos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This older Marriott has had a recent very flashy facelift, and looks near-new.

The service at arrival, front desk and restaurant is truly warm and friendly. Restaurant food is very good. Room and restaurant prices are low.

Located at the edges of an office park, the grounds are exceptional--many 40+ year-old redwood trees surround the hotel, and flower plantings are well cared-for.

Parking is about $12.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the lobby side are right up against the redwoods.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We always enjoy hearing of the things our guests like about the property and hope to always be the preferred hotel in the Tri-Valley area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ramon
Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!