San Ramon Marriott
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pleasanton Marriott(Pleasanton)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungewhole foodsself parkingbusiness hotelrestaurant barfire pitsliding glass doorredwood treesbishop ranchfront desk staffin great shapewould stay here againstayed here for one nightbusiness travelthree nightsrooms are nicenice property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I felt like I should write this comment pursuant to my two-day stay at this hotel. I am not going to talk much about the amenities (gym, pool, room-service, wi-fi, proximity to shopping places, etc.) that I believe should already be offered by a 4-5 star hotel like Marriott and which is reflected in the rates anyways. What I am really impressed with is the top-notch service that I have received from the staff, in particular from Mr. Brian Bouyea. Upon my arrival, Mr. Bouyea, after a warm welcome, upgraded my room -with no extra charge- as all the rooms in the category that I had reserved were either taken or being cleaned up. He patiently and professionally answered all my questions including but not limited to printing my boarding pass, breakfast time, parking in the hotel...He personally followed up on my request to arrange a taxi to take me to my destination. I am very pleased to see the commitment of the staff to meeting and exceeding customers' expectations. Well done.

Room Tip: Just make your expectations clear and get opinion from the information desk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

So I was unpleasantly surprised by pay for internet, pay for parking, pay for breakfast. Actually nice soft beds and bedding were a plus. I'm going to post a picture of my view, do look at it. They would be well advised to get those blinds that open from the top for this room.
Lots of drunk lions club and jesters roaming the hallways and elevators. At least they were all happy drunks and not threatening, but there were splashes of spilled wine all over the place by morning. Elevator unexpectedly dropped and shuddered to a stop....we got on at the ground floor and there isn't a basement so I don't know what was going on. Told the staff at the desk who apologized, but didn't take the elevator out of service either. Pretty scary.
Breakfast on weekends starts at 7 or whenever they are ready, whichever is later. We finally got a cup of coffee at 7:20 on Sunday. We just arrived from the east coast so it was 10:20 for us so I was way past ready for a cup of coffee (no free coffee available in the lobby either, unlike Hampton inn). Sigh. I really wanted to like this place too.
The beautiful tall redwoods outside were awe inspiring. Lovely setting btw.

Stayed: May 2014
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We regret that we failed to meet your expectations. Our primary goal is to provide our guests the best possible product and services. Please feel free to contact us if you wish to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This turned in to a two day ordeal for me, but it was a comfortable stay. The room I had was an upgrade for some reason. It was spacious and comfortable. For 170 a night, I would think that Internet would be free.....( that chaps my hide a tad bit).

The facilities, great. Good for larger meetings and smaller ones. The Staff knows what they are doing when dealing with the stuffiest of business execs. I'll be back as will my associates.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I end up staying here a lot. The hotel is conveniently located of any of the companies in San Ramon. They even provide shuttle service should weather or baggage handling make walking to work undesirable. I have never eaten at the hotel as nearby restaurants and the Whole Foods are usually my dining targets. The hotel gym is roomy and well stocked with cardio equipment. The weight lifting equipment is less well represented but there is plenty of room to push ups and pull ups until failure. I have never been to the bar but I see it usually full at both happy hour and later. I guess this a good sign.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Corrine and Cassie took care of us at the bar downstairs.

Great drinks and a fun atmosphere. Denay even helped us get In-N-Out delivered to the bar after midnight.

The rooms were standard and clean. Can't ask for much more

• Stayed: May 2014