“Nice hotel ,great location and pricing ....awesome staff very helpful”
Review of San Ramon Marriott

San Ramon Marriott
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
greenville,sc
“Nice hotel ,great location and pricing ....awesome staff very helpful”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Traveling on business is not always easy ...especially on the weekend in a hotel ! We arranged a meeting at this location for a few days and the staff went beyond to make sure we were accommodated ....even though they were sold out and had very large functions going on . The restaurant and bar are ample and offer a nice lunch and dinner menu . Table service for bar and patio areas for lunch /evenings is not typical Marriott ....very very slow and not too well organized . Bar could use a nice upgrade on better tequilas ( no anejo ) . Rooms are typical and amenities are ok ,great bedding and quiet .

Room Tip: Great rear views overlooking patio and pool....nice concierge lounge patios and internet .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Geoffrey L, Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the San Ramon Marriott and your nice comments about the staff going beyond and being awesome for your meeting. We strive to always give an excellent experience. So we will of course review the patio service and our Tequila offerings. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our hotel values guest feedback and is always reviewing and addressing guest concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Thank you again and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Danville, California
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I called the San Ramon Marriott directly to ask if there were any rooms and we were promised they had a room with a king bed and I paid by credit card. We arrived 20 minutes later to be told they had no rooms left, but they could offer me their $1500.00 a night suite that contained no bed. Yes, you read that correctly, no bed! Only a pull-out sofa! It was 10:30 at night, we were exhausted, and it couldn't believe they didn't have a bed. I asked to speak with the manager, but they never came out to show their face or offer help, or apologies. I asked the girl at the front desk to at least find me a room at a nearby hotel. Eventually she did, but the night was a fiasco. I will never stay at Marriott again. Also, parking is not free, you will be charged $12-15 a day.

Room Tip: Do not book here, you may arrive and not have a room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy C
Geoffrey L, Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the San Ramon Marriott. I’m very disappointed to hear that your recent attempt to stay with us was not handled per Marriott's high standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and will be taking immediate corrective steps so we avoid such problems in the future. I have also reached out to you by e-mail and if you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, please accept my apology. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to host you again.
Roseville, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friends and family stayed at your hotel and we were not satisfied with the customer service. The staff was not helpful and accommodating.we previously booked and 2 bed room. When we arrived we found out that they didn't have our room available. We asked to speak with the manager(nazaratan sp?) only to be more frustrated. She had poor communication skills and continued to interrupt as we spoke. After giving us a room with a King size bed(for 4 people) she continued to tell us they were out of roll away beds and air mattresses as well. A man at the front desk (Benny) I noticed was favoring /treating customers unfairly based on age and gender. He was flirting with young woman at the desk. After accommodating her, Amy aunt went to him with questions and he was responding with short answers with negative tone and walked off. Overall it was a negative experience. I think the some of the staff needs more training especially the manager. I wonder how she's become a manager.

On a positive note the restaurant manager Natalie and server Ellen was very polite and accommodating. Also the operator named Leilani was very helpful ad empathetic, she even called back to check up on our requests.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Johnson L
Geoffrey L, Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the San Ramon Marriott. You indicated in your response that some of the staff service was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our hotel values guest feedback and is always reviewing and addressing guest concerns so that we can ensure you and others have an exceptional experience on future visits. If you would like to discuss your experience further or if I may be of other assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm usually not a huge fan of Marriott hotels, but I wound up with this place doing a bid on Priceline. Wasn't too bad for the price I got it for and the staff was surprisingly friendly and helpful. But once I got up to my room and saw the beds and the view from my room, I was pretty much sold! They were high up, fluffy and SUPER COMFY! I've never had a better bed experience in a hotel in my life...so much so, I stayed in it the entire weekend. I ordered food service, slept and watched some TV. Served just the purpose it was intended for.

The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the paid parking (however we had two cars and they only charged us for one--fair enough), and the internet (which was also a fee) wouldn't allow me to stream my Netflix. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and those wonderful dreamy beds.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
The San Ramon Marriott team thanks you for your kind comments. Sincerely glad you enjoyed the bedding and had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This Marriott is tucked behind a shopping center and near the ATT & Chevron campus in San Ramon. This makes it a very quiet property on the weekends. We were on a house hunting trip so it provided us with the perfect location. Upon arriving there are valet folks available it is $18 to valet and $12 to self park. This hotel is 25 years old and it has mature landscaping that provides beauty and privacy! We were on the 5th floor yet the Redwoods blocked the patio so little to no noise was heard. The staff seems to be working very hard and are very friendly! From the front desk staff to the valet to the restaurant staff all was Marriott's expected level of excellence! The room was a tad small, the balcony was huge! the bath tiny,(Super Clean! kudos!) the bed super comfy! The hotel was busting at the seams on Saturday as a Lacrosse team and huge soccer tourney was taking place! I don't think they were adequately staffed for that craziness but it still worked out for us!
The only blip was the valet charge was for 3 nights when we were there for 2. Said it was a computer error and they had been fixing all weekend! Really! By Sunday they should have checked any bills before going out..but they fixed it and still enjoyed the old Marriott experience! Thanks to the staff for being wonderful!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have large balcony's
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the San Ramon Marriott. We are glad that you experienced an enjoyable stay and truly look forward to serving you again in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This property is beautiful outside and inside it is ok. Biggest frustration was the long, long walk from elevators to room. They have one set of elevators and the property is wider than tall. There weren't a lot of breakfast options outside of full restaurant service. Nothing much else around to go to. That said, the bed was nice, room was clean and quiet, which is what is really important.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the middle of the property to avoid walking forever to elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the San Ramon Marriott. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been staying at this Hotel for past 14 years, We Love it here..They have special rates from Thursday to check out on Mondays..so clean and classy..We love the restaurant there too..We will be back !!!!

Room Tip: ask for a garden room much better view and away from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Best Western Danville Sycamore Inn

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!