Sea Breeze Inn
US$128
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
US$69
US$54
Hotels.com
US$82
US$63
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
US$69
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$84
US$76
US$67
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$87
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$171
Hotels.com
All reviewshearst castlecontinental breakfastone nightroom was cleansecond floorocean sideshort walk to the beachwould stay here againsea lionsmexican restaurantthin wallssan franciscoroad tripcoffee makerno elevatorcerealcambria
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I never actually stayed in this hotel. I had issues with my reservation and was charged anyway. The person I spoke with on the phone was extremely rude and not helpful. I also emailed in hopes of sorting out the reservation issue, they are not responding to my email. I usually don't write bad reviews...but this time I was very upset so here it is! I wouldn't give them my money at this point my bank has reversed the charge! It's all about principle and customer service to me.
Bottom line.....make sure you read everything!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank suzim94040
Reviewed 19 October 2010

On our road trip journey from LA to San Francisco we were advised to include a stop over before enjoying the Big Sur route (which you have to do in day light - the views are magnificent). The Sea Breeze Inn offered the perfect stop over hotel. The room was very spatious and the bed very comfortable.

The reception staff were friendly but to the point. Breakfast was a self-service kitchen counter in the reception area, which was interesting (no other word for it really?!). The hotel is right on the beach front which offered a nice leg stretch after a fair drive. The pub across the road - there is but one, but then they only had one customer cheering the baseball tournament - offered great cocktails at Happy Hour and a pool table. The attached restaurant provided a nice burger and fries meal, all freshly prepared.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We were driving from San Francisco to Los Angeles and had no idea where we would end up but were quite happy to find this motel in San Simeon. We were a bit worried at first as the hotel exterior doesn't look like much at all, but the price was okay and I thought I had a vague memory of seeing it on the net and thinking the rooms looked okay. So we tried it.

The room we got was actually really great - clean, nice fittings, good size bathroom, good sized room. Totally different to the worn down exterior. We were immediately very happy with this choice and had a good nights sleep here. One word of warning though - don't order delivery from the pizza place with no prices listed - the pizza is okay but it is RIDICULOUSLY priced. Better to step out and find something nearby.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

My husband and I were taking a trip up the California coast to San Francisco and decided to stop in San Simeon because we didn't want to miss the spectacular ocean views on the road ahead by driving in the dark. Everything on the ocean side seemed pricey until we came to the Sea Breeze Inn. I was skeptical because the lobby and hallway was not fancy but when we walked in the room it was like another world. It was big, beautiful and for $69, we got an ocean view with nobody walking by our window as the hallway was on the opposite side of the room from the window. There are condos further down but nobody seemed to be in them and there was a big field between them and us. Also the condos were not high enough to block our view. There is an adequate continental breakfast--cereals, fruits, boiled eggs, toast and pastries plus coffee and tea. It was a lovely surprise. Also the room was very clean. (I checked.)

Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed in this motel for 3 nights. Great value!!!! We have spent 4 weeks travelling around the US and this is a terrific place. It's the only motel/hotel that we have stayed in that has in room tea and coffee facilities as well as a fridge and a microwave in the room. All this for less that $90 per night. The bed was great and we had excellent sleep every night listening to the sound of the waves on the beach. The town of Cambria is 5 mins south which has plenty of shopsetc ( 2 sets of shops...1 at each end of main street) and Hearst Castle 5 mins north. Also take in the elephant seals on the beach about 10 mins north. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We had a great time and were not bothered by noise from other guests even though the motel was 95% full on 2 of the 3 nights. We have no hesitation in recommending this motel to anyone who wants accomodation in the area.