“The perfect stop and go”
Review of Sea Breeze Inn

Sea Breeze Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Milan, Italy
“The perfect stop and go”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This place has nothing to blame if you need a stop and go in the area. Close to Hearst castle and perfect if you need a rest to continue travelling from San Francisco to LA or vice versa. If you do not have any important need try it and you will be satisfied. Breakfast is easy.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Andrea P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I expect most guests only stay one night as they visit Hearst Castle, which is reflected in the service level -brusque at best.However, the hotel itself is more than acceptable - good sized room, excellent bed, nice bathroom, big TV and all at a very good price. After a long walk along the beach -you are ready for bed.Open the windows as no AirCon is required -13C in August & have a great nights sleep. Breakfast is minimalist and was the poorest on our trip, which was a shame as we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: two storey hotel with no lift - you have to carry everything upstairs if you are on the second floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was a very good stop over and on the ocean side, just minutes from Hearst Castle. Our room was on second floor, with a king size bed(exactly what we asked for) and the room was large, which was a delight for we were tired from several days in San Francisco and then driving to and touring the Hearst Castle which was a delight, but still tiring. When we got to the room we were just exhausted. The bed was comfortable and the windows could be opened for the nice breeze to come in. The ocean was just a very short walk from the hotel, but between the hotel and the ocean was an apartment complex so between that and the fog, it was hard to see the ocean, but it didn't matter for we were driving Highway 1 which runs along the Ocean anyway and were not there to sit and look at it from the room. Overall the room was clean, smelled nice, we had plenty of room to spread out and just rest. My husband enjoyed having a desk with desk chair and then another chair in the room as well. We always buy a small Styrofoam cooler when we are on a driving trip, so the ice machine was handy and the continental breakfast the next morning was ok. Enough to get one started for the day. I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN for it is a good value with nice friendly management and sits back from the highway enough that there is no road noise. I HIghly recommend this hotel. I don't know if it had a pool or not for we were not there to swim, just there for the night. The price was very good and a blessing to get out of San Francisco's over priced hotels. While in Saint Simeon where this hotel is, Be sure to go eat at Sebastian's Store, which is a sandwich place. There is non like it anywhere, it is not a chain, get the 1/3 pound burger and ask them to cut it in half and then also one in the party get the Veggie Burger, be sure to have it cut in half too. The foods are just wonderful and more than one can eat. I took half my Veggie Burger in a go box and later ate it on the road. It is near the Castle and off the road on the Ocean's side. We just loved it and there are tables to eat outside and smell the wonderful smells of the trees. Also, be sure to see the Elephant Seals along the way too which is near the area. Signs will let you know where the seals are. See my reviews on this, too. So, I WOULD RECOMMEND: Hearst Castle, Sebastian's Store to eat and then the Sea Breeze Inn and then the seal along the road.Good places near one another: See, Eat and Rest!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ann S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Sea Breeze Inn is a budget motel, and it delivers most of what one would expect. Our room was clean (the outside of the motel is a bit shadier), and service was fine. The free breakfast is nothing to write home about, but hey, it's free. The hotel is minutes from Hearst Castle.

My complaints were mainly minor things---the hotel has no view of the ocean (you do, however, have a clear view of the houses and condos that presumably do have an ocean view), and the pipes clanged for several minutes after running any water.

All in all, it was fine, but I doubt I'd return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travellerin30s
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is my second time reviewing this hotel. My daughters and I were doing some traveling and headed to San Simeon on the way home from the Pacific Northwest. We always try to make San Simeon our last destination before we go home the next day. We thought of booking the Best Western (because I am now a member) but I have to say that when I called the Best Western Cavalier the woman that answered was perhaps the most pompous woman that I have ever talked too. On the contrary after finding out that a room at the B. W. was outrageously priced, I called good ole Sea Breeze Inn. What a contrast, Maura was so pleasant on the phone she made me feel like I was coming home to see a really good friend. We told her that we would probably not arrive until close to 11 p.m. and she said don't worry, that she closed at 11 but just to knock and she would open for us. We arrived at 10:50 p.m. and she was still open, waiting for us with her big smile. She even let us keep our car in the check in space overnight. The room was great as usual, one king and one queen in the same room. With an ocean view for that matter. The breakfast is actually better that the last time we were there. Now they have a waffle iron. Same really good danishes and muffins though. I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to all of my friends. If you are looking for snootsville book the B.W. down the way!!

Room Tip: Any room is great the farther the rooms are to the south the more ocean you will see from you big wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nativecalifornian
San Diego
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Most of the hotels in San Simeon sit on one or the other frontage roads off both sides of CA-1. Sea Breeze Inn is closest to the ocean, which gave us a wonderful breeze (and view) through the large windows. While an old motel, it was obvious that the maintenance on it is a top priority. We had a King bed - very comfortable - with our car parked nearby. A breakfast of cereal and hot waffles, with semi-private eating areas on the back patio, was enough to get us started for the day. Although we didn't use them, a frig and microwave were in the room, and a heated pool right below us. We weren't bothered by noise at all. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Middleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2013

On our drive from San Diego to San Francisco we stopped in San SImeon for the night and stayed at the Sea Breeze Inn. We booked the hotel by phone and were very please with this hotel. It was clean, affordable, had a nice view and a continental breakfast. It was also nice to be close to the beach. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 10 in San Simeon
Quality Inn San Simeon
Quality Inn San Simeon
#10 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Sea Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!