“Ocean Kayaking at its finest!”
Review of Kayak Outfitters

Kayak Outfitters
Gahanna, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ocean Kayaking at its finest!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was the first time my wife and I have ever been ocean kayaking. Cubby, owner and guide, was so helpful, knowledgeable, and all around great guy. He made our three hour trip fun and full of adventure. He was able to point out sea otters, harbor seals, sea lions, many aquatic creatures of the kelp forests, and creatures of the local caves. Thanks Cubby for a great experience.

Mike and Kelly

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michael D

San Francisco, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“great down to earth company”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were a large group (8) and did the San Simeon Cove Tour. For $50 each it's a deal! Fun time on the water: whale sting, up close with otters, history lesson, chance to kayak into a cave and a great work out. It is a must do! Cubby, Billy and Bobby our guides were wonderful. Cubby provided a ton of information and kept the tour interesting. The others were helpful in keeping our group together and making the 1st time kayakers in our group feel safe and comfortable. My daughter was afraid of getting sea sick and they kept checking in. We were even able to see a grey whale off in the distance! Their gear is great too - the wetsuits seemed almost new. They even let 2 members of our group cancel last minute (b/c we were already such a large group).

1 Thank Desink
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The highlight of our California trip”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Well, I'm only going to confirm what all the other people who have reviewed Sea for Yourself Kayak Outfitters (and gone on a tour with Cubby) have said. It was amazing! My husband and I are pretty experienced kayakers, but we had never kayaked in the Pacific. We really wanted to learn about the ecology, weather, and currents of the Bay, and we got that and more with Cubby as our guide. He took us into some awesome caves and allowed us to experience and see far more than we would have on our own. We saw abundant wildlife--both of the larger, more "charismatic" variety and invertebrate aquatic life. I would recommend this trip to anyone from beginner to experienced. All the gear you need is included and though I expected to be cold (I have only kayaked in warm water--FL, GA), the wetsuit and windbreaker was quite comfortable considering the water is somewhere in the low-to-mid 50s. And I was even wading in water up to my waist! Don't think twice--this place is incredibly beautiful and Cubby is a great kayak guide--just go!

1 Thank starseed96
USA
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great kayak experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great service and fun via this kayaking experience. Cubby is very knowledgeable about weather, wind patterns, kayaking tips, and more. We went through a good part of the cove, seeing some hidden beaches and going through or into caves. We did get out into the open ocean for a bit. Saw a grey whale from the shore, male and female otters, etc. He provided atop kayaks of varied sizes, 2 kinds of paddles, wet suits and booties, jackets. I was never cold and was amazed he had a wet suit for a xxl guy. Really fun person to be around who knows his stuff. Price was right. I'll do it again in a different season to see the seasonal change. Never felt nauseous at all. Did this in early May 2014. He loaned us waterproof cameras and we took pics of the trip, each other and they were viewable online within 2 days.
Paul S

1 Thank luciasur
Los Angeles
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“You will be glad you went”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Cubby's a cool guy, and the location is world class beauty. I'm pretty much ruined for other places now, because they don't measure up. You won't be disappointed...

Visited April 2014