“Good Variety”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Madera, California
“Good Variety”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The restaurant was convenient to the house we had rented. The menu had good variety for allour family. We chose the seafood items, snapper, calamari and seafood medley. All were well prepared, decent portions and served appealing. The staff was adequate, seeming to bo a little short for the holiday weekiend. The facility is attractive, simple and pleasant., possibly a little out-dated. Our dining experience was very good.

• Visited May 2014

“Not bad at all!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were in a bind and had to stay in San Simeon. We stayed at a Hotel nearby. I asked the man at the desk where the best place to eat in town, we were starving and wanted a good meal after traveling all day. He recommended Cavalier.

The staff/ host/ waiter/ hostess made no matter what we ate awesome. The food was pretty good too. I would eat there again just because of how friendly the employees were and quick we got our food and how attentive our waitress was. I'm sorry I forgot her name. I was tired and in a food coma after dinner.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“nice meal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband, sister I had very nice meals here tonight after viewing the Hearst Castle. I had the scampi with vegetables and rice, and he had the mixed seafood grill. My sister had the steamed vegetable plates with chowder. All the plates of food were very good, and the staff was very friendly and nice. We also had the ice cream sundae, which was HUGE. Good thing we split it three ways, although still too much for us. My husband was very pleased that he could converse in Spanish with some of the wait staff, and that made it very enjoyable for him. We will definitely come back here, and will recommend it to our friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank losita
“Exceeded our expectations! Wonderful wait staff! ”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after our trip to Hearst Castle for a quick late lunch. The restaurant is attached to the Best Western and upon walking in I was a little concerned that the food might not be that great as the decor is outdated but I was wrong! Our waitress was awesome, very attentive and friendly, and the food was really tasty!

I had the home made clam chowder, which was VERY good, I'd highly recommend it and the grilled chicken & pesto on foccacia bread sandwich which was very flavorful and filling. I do wish that instead of french fries I had tried one of their other sides they offer (potato salad or cole slaw). My friend ordered breakfast, eggs and steak (which they serve until 5pm) that was very good and it came with a nice thick piece of steak.

They also have a full service bar and they did have a fresh rose on each table which I enjoyed.

I'd come back for the reasonable pricing, great service (can't stress how good the service was) and food exceeded my expectations.

Thousand Oaks, CA
“Breakfast was good, lunch ok”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Enjoyed breakfast and service was great. Lunch was average, had french dip. The service was good still though and the view is very nice.

Visited April 2014