Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
US$128
US$83
US$63
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
US$75
US$73
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
US$69
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$76
US$67
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
US$69
US$62
Agoda.com
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$87
US$171
US$157
Oceanpoint Ranch
2,966 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningkeurig coffee makeron site restaurantwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceanhear the wavescentral coastsecond floor
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Where else can you get an oceanfront corner room, newly decorated, with a well-stocked fireplace --- for $125 a night??. An amazing location in San Simeon and only 3 miles from downtown charming Cambria. Walking outside of our door you are on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The hotel has set up some fire pits for the use of guests. When it got cold at night we enjoyed the view from our room, window open to hear the ocean with the fire roaring. Very romantic. Plus, their guest agent, Kona, could not have been more hospitable and gracious. EXCELLENT BARGAIN!!

Room Tip: Get the oceanfront room!
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The 1st time I reviewed this Best Western I said I wish I could keep it a secret. That was because it used to be cheaper to stay here. We had enough rewards points to get a free night here.However, your free night gets you a room in the older section. We did have a partial ocean view if you were at the window. The 1st time we stayed here it was in the older rooms but after that we were upgraded to stay in the newer rooms that have fireplaces and balconies or patios with complete ocean views. As I sat using the computer in the lobby I heard the staff quote prices on the rooms and they were very expensive. That is one reason we haven't stayed here for a while because the rooms were so expensive.We have always stayed here during the peak season but never paid as much as they charge now.I guess more and more people have found out that this is a good location.

The one thing that we like about this location is that it has fires in fire chimneys on the beach and they have lights so you can see the ocean at night. We sat in the chairs by the fire and met tourists from Norway, New York state and Missouri. We sat there for a long time talking and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The beach is nice to watch from benches or by walking on the beach. There is a restaurant on the property.They do not offer a Continental breakfast. It is only a few miles down the road to Cambria where there are restaurants and shops. Hearst Castle is just minutes away.

1  Thank Default33009
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Confortable, nice bed, large room, full of amenities, fireplace. Fair price but pay attention to the pet friendly rooms: they smell dogs! Unfortunatelly we didn't pay attention to that and the smell was terrible. I suggest the hotel to keep the pet friendly rooms without carpet. And maybe include a bigger warning about the allowance on the website avoiding this inconvenience. The restaurant is good. I recomend it.

Room Tip: If you don't travel with your pet, avoid the pet friendly room.
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We loved this hotel! After spending a few hours at the Hearst Castle we checked in at the Cavalier Resort for the night......what a view! Our room was comfortable and had an amazing view of the ocean, only wish it was warmer so we could have enjoyed the fire pits at sunset. We both slept like babies, woke up well rested and ready to continue our drive up the California Coast. The toiletry basket was chocked full of goodies and if your wanted a snack there was plenty of those as well (for a charge naturally) We ate dinner at the onsite restaurant and the food was pretty good and our server was terrific. I will definitely stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here as we were traveling the coast on my motorcycle, and just loved this hotel. It's in the middle of nowhere as the only thing in San Simeon is Hearst Castle, but that didn't matter. Between the ocean view room, the woodstove in the room, and the firepits outside, it is an excellent place to stay on the central coast. The staff was excellent, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were large, clean and nice, really I don't have enough nice things to stay about the place. Granted, the term resort may be a bit generous since all they have are a couple of tiny pools and firepits in the way of activities, but for a night, or maybe even a couple, I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Pay the money for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple