Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
US$76
US$67
US$83
US$63
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
US$75
US$73
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
US$69
Motel 6
  • Pool
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
US$87
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$234
US$111
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
US$69
US$332
US$245
  • Restaurant
2,966 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningkeurig coffee makeron site restaurantwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceanhear the wavescentral coastsecond floor
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I read all the (great) reviews of this hotel and decided to stay here. We were incredibly disappointed. Our room absolutely was NOT renovated; fireplace was very odd; bathroom light/fan was so noisy that I woke my husband up in the middle of the night when I put it on; and I had trouble locking the windows. More important, I had called the hotel before booking and asked specifically if they had an elevator since we were carrying such large, heavy luggage and really didn't want to hassle with a bunch of stairs. I was told there was an elevator and decided to book there, but when we were shown our room it certainly did NOT have an elevator. Food was OK in the restaurant; service is good; location on the beach is lovely and we did see a wonderful sunset although that was not best western's creation. We did stop at Nepenthe Restaurant on the way to San Francisco afterwards. Wow! the food, store, service & view there all were 5 stars. Don't miss that opportunity but get there when it opens.

1  Thank Penny O
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although I had called and confirmed there was an elevator, there was no elevator on the premises and we had very heavy bags. Not happy. Room had a nice ocean view but an extraordinarily noisy light/fan in the bathroom; odd "radiant" heat; a very strange fireplace, and furniture was old and worn and bed kind of hard. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. I don't understand the very positive yelp reports & relied on that. Wow! I felt that we were in another hotel. Hearst castle was nearby and that was very worthwhile. Our next stop was Nepenthe Restaurant on the way to San Fran and that was outstanding and worth the stop.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and i showed up a bit late in the evening, and we were SO sad that we were only there for the night before heading off again because the hotel was just so nice. The on-site restaurant was really nice, the pools looked great but it was a tad too chilly to go. Service was great, the whole location was clean and we LOVED the indoor fireplace. Especially that we could open up the doors and walk out to the beach (which we did). Nice king size bed and spacious bathroom. Additionally, I've never seen so many "just in case you forgot something" things available in a hotel before. All in all, highly recommended and if I get the chance to go back I would certainly go there!!

Room Tip: Try and get the suites with the fireplaces in them, or where they back out to the ocean as there's different buildings and some don't have these things. It makes all the difference.
3  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Recent room renovations and increasingly refined cooking at the on-site restaurant still make this place the place to stay when visiting Cambria and San Simeon. The rooms are clean, neat, well furnished and the Front a desk to me is efficient and helpful. Select a room in King's Row or the oceanfront building. You won't regret it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Abbadiani
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great place to stay if you are looking for clean, friendly, value on the beach property. Grab a cocktail from the mini bar and head to the beach for a romantic stroll. Finish the night around the fire pit. Will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western