“Wonderful Ocean View”

Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Reviewed 13 May 2005

My husband and I needed a mini getaway from San Jose.We wanted to stay somewhere economical with a great view.The cavalier was perfect.
Our view from the balcony was wonderful.The in room binoculars was a
nie surprise.We were able to see sea otters from our balcony.The staff was pleasant and the food was great.
The king room with fireplace and a mini bar right on the ocean was perfect.
We enjoyed our stay just as much as our visit to Hearst Castle.

5  Thank tiramisu1469

Reviewed 8 May 2005

We stayed here in order to visit Hearst Castle, which we found fascinating. We are not pet-owners but despite the pet-friendly policy, we were not disturbed by any of the dogs encountered on the extensive grounds. The location is beautiful for watching the sunset. The open-pit fires are an interesting bonus. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast in the restaurant was average and the service was slow. We had a wonderful time visiting the castle. Maybe we should have skipped breakfast and had a snack at the castle instead. The resort is a little expensive but a quality place to stay for sure.

4  Thank thrifty
Reviewed 5 May 2005

I did some research here on this website before I made my choice so it's my time to contribute. I was about to stay at the Sands by Sea Motel but I'm glad I didn't since the motel is behind Best Western Cavalier.

My room was right next the Best Western Cavalier restaurant so it was very convienent for me since I eat often. The rooms have mini bar/mini cupboard that has food and drinks in there. There is DVD which is an added plus so bring a DVD if you don't like watching TV. I would have gave the Hotel an Excellent rating but there was odd smell when you first walk in probably since it was just cleaned but smell went away after opening the windows.

Rest of the room was pretty standard..not bad for 100 dollars for Ocean Front property. If you look out the window you can see the ocean and green bluff where you can sit out at night with lighted bon fires by the employees.

If your looking for direct view of the ocean, get the King's Row rooms which are 150 dollars. These rooms face the ocean directly. There are other rooms which are even closer to ocean. Parking is right below my room so that was good since I was on the second floor.

I would stay there again definitely if I was to go back to Hearst Castle which is only 3 miles away. This is one of the only Ocean front properties so well worth it. Oh yah..go see the Elephant seals..hilarious.

• Stayed: May 2005

#8 of 12 in Cambria
Cambria Pines Lodge
Cambria Pines Lodge
#4 of 12 in Cambria

Been to Cavalier Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cavalier Oceanfront Resort

Address: 9415 Hearst Drive, San Simeon, CA 93452-9724 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Cavalier Oceanfront Resort)
Region: United States > California > San Luis Obispo County > San Simeon
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 On the Beach Hotel in San Simeon
Price Range: £118 - £235 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Cavalier Oceanfront Resort 3.5*
Full-service hotel, the only oceanfront resort property in San Simeon, situated 3 miles south of Hearst Castle. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cavalier Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel San Simeon