Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
San Simeon Lodge(San Simeon)
  • Pool
Silver Surf Motel(San Simeon)
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Inn(San Simeon)
View Hotel
Motel 6 San Simeon(San Simeon)
  • Pool
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)
2,938 results
All reviewsocean frontrocking chairsoceanfront roomwood burning fireplacehearst castleroom servicemini bareach eveningkeurig coffee makeron site restaurantwatch the sunsetelephant sealsstayed longerthe pacific oceanhear the wavescentral coastsecond floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Best Western Cavalier Resort on our road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles. It was just as great as what the reviews say! The room was massive and the best was so comfortable! There aren't many places to eat nearby so we ate dinner at the resort restaurant which was very reasonably priced and the food was really good. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful as well. My only complaint was how freezing it was in San Simeon for the middle of summer - but I know that's not the hotel's fault :) It's located not far from Hearst Castle and the beach with the elephant seals - both must sees!
Would recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee008
Reviewed 11 September 2007

This hotel is an absolute gem and better than several 4* Marriott's we stayed at on the same trip.

Quick, efficient check-in with friendly, knowledgable staff.

Lovely, big, oceanfront room with great views and a fireplace which we didn't need to use. The toiletries in the room were great with everything you could ever imagine needing and more.

The fires on the edge of the beach in the evening are a great touch and are no doubt welcome in the colder months.

We ate in the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the extensive menu which unusually for US hotels had a good selection of vegetarian options. The food quality was average and the wine was good.

We had an early start to visit Hearst Castle (v close to hotel) and need breakfast on the move. The restaurant allows takeaways which was great. Their homemade muffins (pineapple) are to die for and were fresh out of the oven at 7am. The coffee was also surprisingly good.

I must admit, we had reservations about staying at a Best Western but this hotel was fab and v good value. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PigsEar1
Reviewed 1 September 2007

We stayed for one night in a standard room.We were travelling from San Francisco to L.A. and had tickets for The Hearst Castle.
We had dinner in the restaurant which was fine,my daughter really enjoyed sitting out around the fires that are lit at night overlooking the ocean.
The room was clean and comfortable and I am very fussy and did not notice any strange smells.
The staff were friendly and helpful,don't expect The Ritz you get what you pay for and this hotel was good value.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank grotbags
Reviewed 24 August 2007

This oceanfront hotel has a great location. However, when I reserved the room, I specifically requested an oceanview, upper level room. While my room faced the ocean, I was given a room on the lower level that was partially blocked by the wall surrounding the pool. During our two-night stay, we did not need to use the fireplace. But I agree with another reviewer about the smell in the room. It was a little overwhelming. The room decor was okay, but I've seen better. If you decide to stay here, be sure to request and RECEIVE an upper level room.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 23 August 2007

My 9 year old son and I stayed at the Best Western Cavalier on Aug 20th. We had visited Hearst Castle in the afternoon, and we're delighted to find our hotel so close! We had booked an Ocean View room with a fireplace. We were pleased to find that is just what we got. Nice and clean, more updated than I had expected, and was shocked by the welcoming array of complementary travel items presented. The room did have a slight smell of smoke, but this is to be expected seeing as there was a functioning fireplace in the room. It was not overwhelming, and the cleanliness of the room as a whole made up for any slight odor...I had actually been more worried about a musty smell that might have been present, due to the oceanfront proximity, but there was none! The firepits out front were lit before sunset by hotel personnel, and were great as a gathering place to enjoy the fabulous sunset. We had breakfast at the Cavalier restraunt next door, and found it to be very reasonable and very tasty. The locals seemed to think so too, as there seemed to be many of them there when we dined. Overall a great experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to others...and I already have.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Cat67Calabasas_CA