“Nice place”

Courtesy Inn San Simeon
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in San Simeon
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. it was fine. no complaints about room. Elephant seal beach was down the road and it was so cool. there was a nice beach across the road. Apart from that there wasnt much to do here. morro bay is only a few kilometres up the road and it has more to do there than san simeon...nice view from our room. nice place

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Courtesy Inn San Simeon

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel does exactly what is is intended to do, provide a comfortable stopover point along the Pacific Coast Highway. There isn't much to do in San Simeon itself and you are limited in terms of food options, however, the room was clean and check-in was smooth. Nothing special but a place to get some shut eye on route to another location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The wifi was meant to be working, the guy at the reception gave us the password but when we tried to use it, the internet didn't work. We went to ask at the reception and they said the internet hasn't been working for about a week now. So he obviously must have known this when he gave us the password for the internet.

The hotel is located in a small town with a few other hotels/motels and restaurants nearby. There is a small liqueur store, but no supermarket.

It's a nice little town on the Pacific Highway Coast. We stayed here on our way from San Francisco to Los Angeles.

I wouldn't stay here again simply because they lied to us about the internet.

There are a few other similar hotels to choose from in that area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Up front, two observations: I'd give it a 3.5 rating if I could. There were lots of good things about the motel, but for every good thing, there was something contradictory about it.

For example: I pulled up to a generic, kinda Motel 6ish motel. Then I walked into my room which was quite large, with a big ,comfortable looking bed that was, in fact, pretty nice, though it was still hard to sleep because the clientele of the place - and this is what you get for checking into a budget motel, I suppose - was pretty loud.

Similarly, there was a lovely big screen TV in the room...that got about 15 bad "cable" channels, some with static. There was an apartment size refrigerator that cooled down a soda I put in it somewhat well...but when I put a water bottle in the freezer an hour before I checked out, it came out of the freezer warmer than when it went in.

All in all, I got a decent price for the area and a fairly nice room, all things considered. However, there were a lot of annoyances, if somewhat minor ones.

Room Tip: Similar to everything else in this review, here's a mixed bag recommendation: I happened to get...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

we got to San Simeon at 3 a.m. Saturday may 4th got a family room it had 2 queen beds 1 king perfect for 4 kids & 2 adults room was clean people nice the place was quiet. the only problems we had was it was an upstairs room and being disabled it was hard for me to walk up & down the stairs when the kids went swimming my 11 year old sons towel was taken by a teenager leaving my 11 yr old without a towel and the 16 or 17 yr old obviously to rude and lazy to get a towel of his own from the front desk when he walked by it and my son being to scared of the boy to ask for it and his dad didn't ask for it either I guess mom should have been watching them instead because I would have let it be known that he should get his own towel. other than that and our 50 in t.v had a bad picture it was a very good experience.
across the street is a shopping center and when I was young a game room/mini golf but we were not able to go over there to see if it was still there. next time we will.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Driving between San Francisco and LA, and needed somewhere to stop. What a great little find! Very spacious rooms, great rates. Extremely comfortable beds.
I can't say too much about it as we only arrived at 6pm and left at 8.30 the next morning, but seemed perfect for what we wanted.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We just overnighted here and it was clean, quiet and had a comfortable bed. They are stingy with towels in the room but you can get more at the desk. This is an old hotel with popcorn ceilings and old tile. Wifi is free. The TV was an old, tired one with limited channels and poor reception. This hotel is clustered with quite a few others just across Hwy 1 from the ocean. The hotel accepts pets for a charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
#6 of 12 in Cambria
San Simeon Lodge
San Simeon Lodge
#2 of 10 in San Simeon

Been to Courtesy Inn San Simeon? Share your experiences!