The good: the motel has fresh paint, new beds which are not altogether too hard for a decent night's rest, laminate flooring, black- out curtains, and is far enough from the highway as not to be noisy for a good nights sleep. Also, NO SMOKING in the rooms Nice! Door card reader locks at the entry to the hallway. Nice, but people still smoke right by the door.
The not as great: TV's have snowy reception.Typical in-wall heater, but works well and is new. Only one thin blanket. Burr. The motel has a corridor where loud neighbors will wake you up (thankfully only one idiot at 5:30 AM yelling outside of our door). Pillow a bit hard. I brought my own pillow.
FYI If you've never stayed in a Motel 6, here's what you need to know: the only things you're given in the way of toiletries is a thin bar of soap. Bring your own: shampoo, hair dryer, etc. There are NO Do not Disturb Signs for the doors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 San Simeon - Hearst Castle Area is 6 miles from Hearst Castle and across the street from the ocean! Some rooms offer a partial view of the ocean. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, outdoor pool and smoke free rooms. Wi-Fi is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Motel 6 San Simeon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hotel San Simeon
- Motel 6 San Simeon Hearst Castle Area
- Motel Six San Simeon
- San Simeon Motel 6
- San Simeon Motel Six