Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$55
Official SiteUS$55
Hotels.comUS$55
PricelineUS$55
FindHotelUS$55
eDreamsUS$55
All reviews hearst castle cambria ocean pet dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I look at ratings on lodging to make my final decision.
Motel 6 San Simeon has a 4 star rating as so do many higher priced lodgings in the same area. No beach view but LARGE rooms with good size frigs micro & \ free WIFI. We're AARP and get a nice discount and NO PET FEE!!!!

We stayed in late August for 2 nights. We will go back again!!

1  Thank Max1482
Reviewed 29 August 2016

You get what you pay for. This Motel 6 is what I expected. The lobby was a little dated but the staff was very friendly. The room was basically clean but could use some attention to detail. It appears they've redone the rooms and parts of the bathroom. The shower area needs to be redone as well. We did have one problem, we got locked in our room. I had the safety latch on the door and opened the door to check on the way to turn the dead bolt to lock the door. When I did, the dead bolt engaged and wouldn't go back in. I couldn't shut the door because the dead bolt was out and couldn't open the door because the safety latch was engaged. I had to call the front desk for assistance. I had to use my key on the outside of the door to disengage the dead bolt. My hand wouldn't fit through the crack. Thank goodness my daughter has small hands. Our room only had 3 bath towels and four of us checked in. When I called the front desk, the apologized and said I needed to come to the front desk to get my towels. We opted to just share. I felt they should have delivered them to my room. All of the rooms are on interior corridors. However, the exterior doors stay open. They have a place for you to use your room key to open them but it doesn't work. I'd prefer those to remain locked and guests to have to use a key to open them. Overall, it wasn't a bad stay. It was very reasonably priced and I felt I got more than my money's worth. All I wanted was a clean place to sleep. We came in late and left early so we didn't need much.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank wtpoohb
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stopped as we were driving up the pacific coast highway. We thought the price was a little high for a motel six but since it is right across the road from the ocean location has something to do with that. Rooms look like they were redone but lobby and outdoors still seemed dated. It was clean and receptionist was helpful and friendly. When leaving make sure you stop at the elephant seals a few miles north on the pacific coast highway. They were neat to see.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

A while ago I said that this was one of the stars in the Motel 6 chain. Well no more. After the extensive remodel the difficulty in getting good help in this out of the way location has plummeted this site to an also ran. This time it was run away mold in the tub/shower in #124 that turned me off. This is an easily corrected condition if someone cares. Well the evidence says that no one cares. I have stayed here in August for the past 6 years. Rates have increased almost 100% over that 6 years, the remodel was great but it has not been maintained.

Room tip: first floor, the second floor is one flight down from the parking lot and then one flight up.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

To start San Simeon area is very expensive. So to find a place to stay around $100, on a week day was a bargain.

The staff was great. Coffee free. You get a 10% discount at the restaurant next to the hotel when you show your room key. The restaurant is not part of Motel 6, hence this is not a review of them (and if I were to review them it would be a '0' star'.

The rooms are clean and newly remodeled.You get free 'WIFI' for any number of devices. I had my laptop, my and my wife's phone and my kids tablets all hooked up to internet.

The lady at the front counter was nice. I would giver her 5 stars. I do not remember her name.

Overall our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable. I would stay there again.

Room tip: Before you go to the restaurant, get your coffee at the front desk. You just saved yourself $3 per cup.