“Damage charges” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in San Ysidro
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Damage charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Scammed out of a $50 charge on my credit card, they claimed i took all the towels from the room. They probably had a value of five bucks total, and were stiff as if made from wool. If youre looking for a place to stay while attending an event at the amphitheatre beware of this place!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bipin A, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Ysidro, responded to this review, 2 July 2015
Thank you for the feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The room was tiny. The AC didn't work -- it only blew hot air on a hot day, and even that failed to reach the bed. The refrigerator had not been cleaned and contained stuff from previous guests. The room appeared to have been renovated--the flat-screen TV was nice--but the AC was definitely from a different era. The trolley on the back side of the hotel made loud noises every time it approached or departed from the end of the trolley line--which was probably every ten to fifteen minutes. I was told no other rooms were available, even though many rooms seemed unoccupied in the front even late at night and the next morning. There was no iron or ironing board in the room, and the bath tub was springy. The big liquid soap dispenser above the tub made it look like it was a public bathroom. The location was quite central, at least for a busy border crossing. Lots of people were walking to or from the border crossing. A large outlet mall is nearby, on the U.S. side. The Internet worked just fine. The neighborhood seemed safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the mountain -- and tracks -- behind the hotel. Check if the AC works as...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike1001_1
Thank you for the feedback, we understand that everyone has a level of comfort and we are very sorry if we let you down. We wish you the best in your travels.

Travellers are raving about these San Ysidro hotels

Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had to book a last minute trip to San Diego on a very busy end of week and weekend. All the big names places in San Diego were booked or way way too expensive. I took a chance with this place at around $99. I was very pleasantly surprised! My 4th floor room seemed to be recently upgraded, very clean (my greatest fear is a dirty gross place), had free wifi with a decent connection, flat panel TV, foam mattress, and to boot the place had a decent continental breakfast with cereal. The trolley stop was less than 2 blocks away and took me right to the convention center (I was told it also goes right to Petco Park, but there wasn't a game in town when I was there). Also, San Ysidro is right on the border and this place would definitely be a convenient place to stay if you were going across the border to Mexico. All things considered, for the price I give this place 2 thumbs up! =)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, we understand this review is older but we are changing and managing our hotel and online reviews and we thank you kindly.
Torrance, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

No reservation, walked up & paid $66.24, he put me on the backside so I could monitor the train whistles. Internet does not work in room 318 (train whistle room) so I recommend not booking into 318 if you need internet. Room was clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank HB S
Bipin A, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Ysidro, responded to this review, 7 July 2015
Thank you for the feedback, we have upgraded and our WiFi is working properly.
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

made a mistake and wanted to change my booking with the hotel. I booked the room from europe but the date was one day ahead. I was booking the room for a friend that was stranded a with no where to stay and no internet connection at that very moment in san diego. So I called up and checked that my booking was correct at the time of booking and the guy said it was just coming through at that moment. unfortunately later I found out it was incorrect after all the effort I put i n... I then proceeded to call for a refund to cancle my book just a few hours later and both expedia and the hotel refused my request quoting policy. I am very unhappy with the result of this venture. The circumstances were unique and because they are a big company they are completely unflexable both the hotel and Expedia... my friends then had to pay out of their own pocket for a room so essentially we payed double for one night. I cant believe how greedy some people are, the real disappointing thing is I was doing this as a favor for a friend who was in real trouble and what do I get back for all my hard work and effort and caring attitude? a slap in the face from the companies involved... so ridiculous! I would highly NOT recommend this travel lodge for the very fact for their un courteous and way they handled my request.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank joshuahaddon
We understand this review is years old, however we did want to say thank you for the feedback, we have made many changes staff and decor, and we considered your feedback in our meeting to better our customer service. Thanks again.,
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

This property is a former Travelodge, refurbished and adapted somewhat as a Rodeway Inn. It's the closest US accommodation to Tijuana and if you don't intend to go there, there's no point staying at this motel.
Reception is tiny, there is no breakfast room and therefore "breakfast" is what's limited to what can fit on a shelf, namely coffee and muffins.
Reception staff were fine if busy. All were people who lived in Tijuana but worked in the US.
Rooms were small and the bathroom, although clean, was dark. Ventilation was poor. The limited power sockets were overloaded with too many appliances.
Noise was an issue. My room faced the rear of the property and the San Diego trolley ran right behind the parking lot. Corridors are all external.
There are plenty of food outlets near this motel and a short drive will take you to Denny's or the Americas mall. The I-850 freeway is close. The Mexican border is immediate.
I recommend it if you're going to spend time in Mexico. If not, there are plenty of places in San Diego which are nicer.

Room Tip: Stay here for Mexico
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank linds4516
Bipin A, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Ysidro, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your patronage.
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

This hotel is no longer a Travelodge. It is now a Rodeway Inn. Choice Hotels has made great improvements judging from the past comments. Me and my friends where going to Mexico to hang out a little on the weekend. We wanted someplace close to the border, safe, and cheap. This was it.

We checked in after a long day at the beach and dinner. The night manager was very friendly and informative about the area. The four of us paid $65 for the night with 2 queen beds, a fridge, and microwave. There were only 3 towels in the bathroom and when we asked the manager he got us 3 more immediately. It was clean and comfortable. Just what we needed.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank wadesworld
Bipin A, Manager at Rodeway Inn San Ysidro, responded to this review, 30 October 2015
We understand that this review is older, but you are correct, we have made many upgrades and changes and we are indeed a Rodeway Inn. Please come back if you get the chance, we appreciate your patronage.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ysidro
#3 of 20 in Chula Vista
Aqua Rio Hotel
Aqua Rio Hotel
#16 of 46 in Tijuana

Been to Rodeway Inn San Ysidro? Share your experiences!