“pass guest”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in San Ysidro
Gardena, California
“pass guest”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

DON;T GO. I WAS A GUEST 06/19/2014 . MY SINK HAD CIGARETTE BURNS . I CALL THE FRONT DESK TO CHANGE ROOM THEY DIDN'T. THEY NEVER SAID SORRY. One day they forgot the give me a big towels so i call the front desk they ran out. They have a lot of tenants that stay their and that's why the don't treat guess good. stat their is like staying in the project.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Easy check in on a busy Saturday night. Didn't have a reservation, just stopped in to check rates. Great deal...room was giant compared to Motel 6. Stayed here with two kids and felt safe. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tmlopez L
San Diego
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 11:20am and requested an early check-in. The front desk agent said she did not have any rooms available. I explained that I had a reservation and had made a very long trip and asked her to contact housekeeping to check if a room might be available. She refused to help and read me the riot act about policies and procedures. Note to hotel staff: guests don't care about policies, they care about nice service and clean rooms. Anyway, as I was leaving, one of the housekeepers was outside with her cart next to my car. Having worked in the hotel business for 20+ years, I know full well there is often a delay in housekeeping communicating availability to the front desk. So, I asked the housekeeper if any rooms were available. She said there were and called the front desk for me. Happy with this kind lady's efforts, I went back to the front desk. I was not prepared for the onslaught of anger and cruelty I received. The front desk lady was downright mad and scolded me, YES, I kid you not, scolded me like a nun to a school child for daring to speak with the housekeeper...as if this was some sort of federal offense. Well, to make a long story short, she refused to allow me to check-in, now stating that I would have to wait until 3pm in accordance with hotel policy. There is a sign on the wall that says check-in time is 2pm, but that doesn't really matter. It's really about customer service. I knew my stay would not be a happy one at this point and asked to cancel. The agent obliged and listed me as a no-show. Buyer beware: in the hotel biz, if you are a no-show, the hotel can still charge you. That was not remotely true in my case. I sure hope they don't try to charge me...that would be icing on one very sorry birthday cake! On the upside, there are two really nice hotels on the same block and I was able to get in right away, no questions asked, with a friendly smile and hospitality as it should be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank getawaygurus

Travellers are raving about these San Ysidro hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Though this property is nice to look at on the outside the roaches in the room speak differently. one crawled across my son while he was laying down and caused my daughter to not be able to sleep all night. I don't have roaches in my house, I certainly don't want them in my motel room. Really sad. For the price I did not expect the Sheraton but I did not expect roaches.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I had originally called to guarantee late arrival and everything seemed to be ok. When we arrived I handed the clerk my printed confirmation. Then I am told my reservation could not be found, I this point I'm tired of being on the road just wanted to lay down. It takes the clerk about twenty minutes to tell me my room had been sold and that I should of made a reservation!! Hello!!!!, I handed you my print out with the hotel name and address on it and my accommodations! He says there isn't anything he can do since the room had been sold and hotel was full. Every single hotel in that town was full that night ended up sleeping in my vehicle just down the street from there! I have no clue why that hotel was booked with such horrible service!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Escapeetraveler
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We requested and had been put in a "non smoking" room, the room stunk of stale smoke it was disgusting. I have asthma and was up all night coughing, there were burn marks in the sink and the place was very unclean. The bed was very uncomfortable and lumpy. The rooms were not at all sound proof, the person above us was watching tv for what seemed all night long. There was yelling and screaming at about 4am. We felt quite unsafe here and even padlocked our bags during the day.

The only plus for this place was the price. It cost $90 for 2 nights accom, there was a sign on the door with the full rates at $150 a night - I feel sorry for anyone who pays that price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection
Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
#3 of 20 in Chula Vista

Been to Knights Inn San Ysidro? Share your experiences!