“Great place near the airport”

Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Wellsville, Kansas
“Great place near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here twice recently, one night each time. I stayed here the night I arrived at John Wayne/Orange County Airport and the night before I left. This is a very quiet location right near the airport. Everything was as represented by the Hotel, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful from the front desk staff al the way to the airport shuttle driver. I quite enjoyed my stays and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't have transportation be aware that there are not a lot of dining choices within walk...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana!

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to the John Wayne/Orange County Airport.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mahopac, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights visiting my son in Irvine. The rooms are very nice , clean and comfortable. Parking is 8 dollars a night which is cheaper than many other hotels in the area. I would have given one more star if it was free. The hot tub is very small so we did not use it. All things said it is a bargain for this area. The staff is very accommodating and the man at the valet is very nice. This was our second visit

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana!

We are so happy to hear that you have choosen us as your "Home away from Home" while visiting your Son in Irvine. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of the hotel staff and valet attendants.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed for a short weekend trip and was really pleased with the property. It's well maintained, our room was clean, and the service was excellent. Upon check-in, we were greeted with smiles and pleasant front desk staff. One of the bathroom lights was not working, so I called down and they said they'd send someone up. A few minutes later they called right back just to tell me that the maintenance person was on a quick run and it would be about 20-30 minutes. It felt great that they followed up instead of just leaving me waiting. Sure enough he showed up and only took about 5 minutes to change out the bulb. The location is nice and fairly close to a lot of shoppong and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the 4th floor (highest level), overlooking the pool and street. It's not a h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana!

We appreciate your wonderful compliments and I will be sure to share them with the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Escondido, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a great time staying at this hotel for just one night before the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Walk. Location was perfect. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool was warm and relaxing. We could sit out on the pool patio and enjoy the evening. Had a great time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the pool. I will be sure to share your compliments with the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Grange Over Sands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked last minute,as we changed our route at the last minute.Just wanted somewhere to stay on our way to San Diego. Very welcome greeting . Room very clean had obviously been recently renovated to a high standard. We had a room that had an adjoining room. We got to sleep about 11.00pm. About an hour later two very noisy guys entered the other room put on the TV and sang along to what ever was on.Struggled for quite a while to get off as they didn't quieten down for ages. Not hotels fault but wonder if we hadn't been in an adjoining room if they wouldn't have been so annoying. Our phone to reception wasn't working or we probably would have rung down.The guy on reception was very apologetic the next morning but as I said not there fault that people can be so inconsiderate.

Room Tip: Could only give a 3 for sleep quality, because of the noise but bed very comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay overall, however I do aplogize that you had noisy neighbors.

Hopefully we will see you again real soon when your travels take you to our area!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

You cannot go wrong with Courtyard Marriot hotels chain. Not one single bad experience thus far. This one was great: clean, spacious rooms. Great location, safe, and service was superb. Conveniently located near freeways and plenty of restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Will come back again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Ana!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

As a person who has stayed at a Marriott over 40 times in the last six months, I would not expect to have to pay extra for a single king bed. After speaking with the lady checking me in, I found out that the franchise owners were taking all the rooms. Apparently, there were single king rooms available because I had to pay an extra $10 for the room.

To top it off, after putting my luggage in my room, I headed down to the lobby. OH MY. Do these people not believe in using air conditioning in the lobby. With the franchise owners staying in the hotel, you would think they would want to keep the lobby at a comfortable temperature so they and their guest would not have to sweat while sitting in their lobby.

With all the Marriott properties in the area, I can say this will be the last time I stay at this Courtyard.

What a disgrace to the Marriott brand.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RSquar3d
Stasia W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Hello RSquar3d,

Thank you for staying with us and bringing your concern to our attention. We are sorry to hear you had some challenges with your room type preference. It looks like we had a large group staying with us during this time and the majority of our one King Bed rooms were occupied. We appreciate our guests and try our best to accommodate requests based on availability. Please feel free to contact us the next time you plan to be in town and we will make sure to note your requests on your reservation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Been to Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County? Share your experiences!