I reviewed this hotel a few months ago while staying for business. I previously gave the hotel 4 circles, this time it only gets 2.
Note that I've stayed in all 3 of the similarly priced hotels right next to each other on Hotel Terrace, due to repeat business trips to this area. The best one is the Best Western Plus across the street. The next best one is the Quality Suites next door. The LaQuinta is the worst of the three (and this is true even without the issues I experienced this time). I suggest you pick one of the other two.
- nice large rooms
- refrigerator and microwave
- very good bedding and good pillows
- free internet
- free breakfast
- close to SNA
- reasonable rates
The not so good:
- Building is reasonably well maintained but showing some age
- Internet is slow (200-400kbps down, 200 kbps up)
- Room smelled musty
- Very noisy on the first floor
- Dim lights. I know you're saving energy with CFLs, so why can't you at least get decently bright ones?
- Lots of bird poop under the railing all along the outer corridor
- I looked for a trash can in my room. I didn't see one in the main area; I thought "are they so cheap that the only trash can is in the bathroom?". But then I thought aha! - it must be under the sink by the microwave! Yes, it WAS there -- along with an overflowing (from previous guests, never emptied) receptacle of soda cans, soft drink cups, and then on the ground of the cabinet - numerous (used) foam Chinese food takeout containers. First I'm thinking - well the can is probably usually under the desk, so perhaps the maid didn't realize the can was moved to here and needed to be emptied. But if they're supposed to have a can under the desk, then the maid should have known to look for it, right? It looked like the amount of trash in the receptacle and cabinet might have been from multiple customers! I know I added my own trash to the pile! I just wonder if the maid ever emptied it after I left, or if it continued to pile up ever further for the next unsuspecting customer?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Santa Ana Hotel Santa Ana
- La Quinta Santa Ana
- Santa Ana La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana CA