“You can do better for the same price, close by”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Los Angeles, California
“You can do better for the same price, close by”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I reviewed this hotel a few months ago while staying for business. I previously gave the hotel 4 circles, this time it only gets 2.

Note that I've stayed in all 3 of the similarly priced hotels right next to each other on Hotel Terrace, due to repeat business trips to this area. The best one is the Best Western Plus across the street. The next best one is the Quality Suites next door. The LaQuinta is the worst of the three (and this is true even without the issues I experienced this time). I suggest you pick one of the other two.

The good:
- nice large rooms
- refrigerator and microwave
- very good bedding and good pillows
- free internet
- free breakfast
- close to SNA
- reasonable rates

The not so good:
- Building is reasonably well maintained but showing some age
- Internet is slow (200-400kbps down, 200 kbps up)
- Room smelled musty
- Very noisy on the first floor
- Dim lights. I know you're saving energy with CFLs, so why can't you at least get decently bright ones?
- Lots of bird poop under the railing all along the outer corridor

The bad:
- I looked for a trash can in my room. I didn't see one in the main area; I thought "are they so cheap that the only trash can is in the bathroom?". But then I thought aha! - it must be under the sink by the microwave! Yes, it WAS there -- along with an overflowing (from previous guests, never emptied) receptacle of soda cans, soft drink cups, and then on the ground of the cabinet - numerous (used) foam Chinese food takeout containers. First I'm thinking - well the can is probably usually under the desk, so perhaps the maid didn't realize the can was moved to here and needed to be emptied. But if they're supposed to have a can under the desk, then the maid should have known to look for it, right? It looked like the amount of trash in the receptacle and cabinet might have been from multiple customers! I know I added my own trash to the pile! I just wonder if the maid ever emptied it after I left, or if it continued to pile up ever further for the next unsuspecting customer?

Room Tip: Try to pick a top floor to keep the noise level down from customers above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SoCa1l26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I picked the La Quinta to see if there was a difference of service since I had a poor experience from the last LQ Stay. I have to say, it was very wonderful. The location is convenient as it's next to the Costa Mesa Freeway and John Wayne Airport. The property was in excellent shape, and the rooms were magnificent. Even with the freeway and airport nearby, I slept wonderfully in the bed and experienced no problems. Check in and Check out were prompt and efficient. I would stay here when I visit Santa Ana

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for a quick weekend trip to visit family. We LOVE the La Quinta we stay at in St. George so we thought we would give this location a try. Biulding is obviously older but overall we were very satisfied with our stay and have already booked a second stay. Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons.

Pros: Great location off the freeway
Pet Friendly
Good Price
Bed was awesome and super comfy!!
Very clean
TV was great even had white noise channels
STAFF is very friendly.... Thanks Alfredo the assistant manager and Jordan the best front desk person ever!!! And the young lady that works in the breakfast area was all over it!!
Good waffels for breakfast
Rooms are somewhat updated
Free internet and parking

Cons: If you stay near the pool area be prepared for lots of noise no matteer time of day.
Couches and chairs in room are starting to show thier age and are very worn.
Rooms have been updated but you can tell where they tried to save money.
Some not so great eggs and bacon.
Sketchy looking parking lot

Room Tip: Don't stay near the pool! It makes for a noisy night. We were on the 2nd floor. Think we will...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Our family stayed here for a Disneyland trip. I was very surprised at how close we were to Disney for the price we stayed for. The hotel was very clean and had a very nice breakfast buffet in the morning. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful in providing info on different places to eat in the area. The girl at the front desk even printed out directions for us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Santa Ana hotels
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Address: 2721 Hotel Ter, Santa Ana, CA 92705-5603
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Santa Ana
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Santa Ana Hotel Santa Ana