“Great place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Campbell, California, USA
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We always stay at a La Quinta when visiting Disneyland. Chose this location since it was a really good price. The rooms were extremely clean, very big, and very quiet. The beds were so comfortable. The breakfast was good. Loved the fresh cooked waffles, although it would have been nice if they had sugar free syrup.

A warning....someone is calling the hotel rooms at this location at like 1am. They are claiming that they are the front desk and that they needed our info since the hotels computer system crashed. The caller new exactly what our room number was. After listening for a few minutes I hung up and called the front desk only to find out that there was only 1 person there and he had not made this call. If you get a call like this do not give out your info. Hang up and call the front desk. We told the front desk when we checked out and they were aware of these calls and were looking into them.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I've now stayed in this hotel twice (almost 3 times, more on this in a bit).

The first time I thought it was pretty good.
The second time the room was worse and as an outside room, I saw the bird poop and some of the maintenance issues.
The third time I arrived to find out they only had smoking rooms available.
I dread this.
I went to the room, hoping that it would be livable.
It wasn't.
The room reeked of smoke in a very bad way.
You might say - ok, but it is a smoking room, right?
Right.
But there were stains on the carpet, cigarette burns and other stains on the couch. It was a dump.

i had purchased this room through a no-refund consolidator. I went ahead and called them to ask if there was another hotel nearby I could get into. I was willing to eat the cost of this LaQuinta reservation to get a room ANYWHERE else, that's how bad it was.

To my surprise, my internet hotel travel service was willing to refund my reservation because I have done so much business with them. I greatly appreciated their service. They told me to just call the hotel and tell them I was refusing the room. I did this and I was happily put in another hotel.

I'm just a bit flabbergasted that this hotel ranks #4 in Santa Ana. Any of the hotels on Hotel Terrace (Embassy Suites, Hamption, Best Western Plus, Quality Inn, and even the Comfort Inn IMHO are better than this hotel.

You could actually get a pretty decent room and have a good stay, as I did the first time.

Or you may not.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My Senior Supervisor and I had to attend a one day conference in Anaheim this past Monday and were worn out afterwards. It was so nice to come to a cool, clean and quite room. The beds were comfortable and having a refrigerator and microwave in the room really helped us keep costs down.

The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. We needed extra decaf coffee in our room and when I ordered it, it was delivered within 5 minutes! We will definitely stay with them again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Even though I ran into noise problems the first night, the staff was gracious and moved me to another room. This made a great ending to my stay.
The staff throughout were very gracious and helpful and the location was terrific to the area of my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites Santa Ana with my sister for a conference we were attending.
The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable and the staff really went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed.
The location is very convenient right off the freeway with nearby places to eat.

We definitely will stay again and truly apprecited the kindness and care taken by Nicole, the general manager as well as her front desk staff to make sure our needs were met.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for 3 nights in August 2012.
They gave me a room on the 3rd floor, but it had strong cigarette smell.
When we requested a room change, the front desk quickly gave us another room on the 2nd floor, which was much better.
The breakfast buffet was better than average and free wi-fi and free parking was extra benefit.
This hotel is close to Angels Ball Park and a Korean grocery store, H-Mart.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family