“Attractive, clean and comfortable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
South African in Dulwich
“Attractive, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed for three nights. Grounds well landscaped. Room was large, included comfortable relaxing area with 2 seater couch and 2 additional chairs and also kitchen area. All doors open to the outside so easy to get luggage to room, quiet, no traffic noises. Nothing to complain about! Breakfast was good, fresh crumpets made by the serving lady, nice pool area and tables/chairs to chill out as well as indoor reception areas to relax. Near to large, very good shopping complex (by car) Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
California
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I read the reviews, decided to stay. I had a late night check in, the staff was very very nice. The grounds are very nice, pretty, well kept. All rooms open to the outside, so wait to haul your luggage until after you check in. My room was big, for the most part it was clean. The carpet at the door was a little dirty, you could see the path. Other than that and some frayed carpet at the closet, it was ok. It had that retro feel with the furnishings, but I slept great. The bathroom door didn't open up all the way due to the rounded shower curtain rod. It was clean, lots of towels, just can't get over the bright shower curtains. Seem out of place with the rest of the decor. Check out was a breeze. Again, the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nice. They have an outside breakfeast room on the patio, so you have a choice to eat inside or outside, they have covered patios. It's actually relaxing. The staff there was so nice. I've never had anyone wanting to make me a waffle at these types of breakfasts. That was refreshing. They had a nice choice of food. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I didn't see any restaurants close by, but a quick 1 mile drive will get you to a Starbucks and...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Outstanding!! From check-in to check-out, everything was excellent. After checking in, receptionist offered the best customer service I’ve ever received. He went out of his way to assist us. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Great breakfast and served by the eating area worker. She made and served waffles and practically waited on each table. Made for a smooth morning and a faster checkout. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: This is the best motel we stayed in during our week-long vacation in S California.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This hotel is centrally located between Anaheim and the Newport Beach and within an hour drive to many major attractions. Convient acces directly off Costa Mesa Freeway 55. The average location rating is to account for the lack of nearby support facilties. The hotel's complimentary breakfast is fair and there are no other meal options (restaurants) in the immediate area except for the Embassy Suites next door as suggested by the front desk. Room and hotel grounds are clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We always stay at a La Quinta when visiting Disneyland. Chose this location since it was a really good price. The rooms were extremely clean, very big, and very quiet. The beds were so comfortable. The breakfast was good. Loved the fresh cooked waffles, although it would have been nice if they had sugar free syrup.

A warning....someone is calling the hotel rooms at this location at like 1am. They are claiming that they are the front desk and that they needed our info since the hotels computer system crashed. The caller new exactly what our room number was. After listening for a few minutes I hung up and called the front desk only to find out that there was only 1 person there and he had not made this call. If you get a call like this do not give out your info. Hang up and call the front desk. We told the front desk when we checked out and they were aware of these calls and were looking into them.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I've now stayed in this hotel twice (almost 3 times, more on this in a bit).

The first time I thought it was pretty good.
The second time the room was worse and as an outside room, I saw the bird poop and some of the maintenance issues.
The third time I arrived to find out they only had smoking rooms available.
I dread this.
I went to the room, hoping that it would be livable.
It wasn't.
The room reeked of smoke in a very bad way.
You might say - ok, but it is a smoking room, right?
Right.
But there were stains on the carpet, cigarette burns and other stains on the couch. It was a dump.

i had purchased this room through a no-refund consolidator. I went ahead and called them to ask if there was another hotel nearby I could get into. I was willing to eat the cost of this LaQuinta reservation to get a room ANYWHERE else, that's how bad it was.

To my surprise, my internet hotel travel service was willing to refund my reservation because I have done so much business with them. I greatly appreciated their service. They told me to just call the hotel and tell them I was refusing the room. I did this and I was happily put in another hotel.

I'm just a bit flabbergasted that this hotel ranks #4 in Santa Ana. Any of the hotels on Hotel Terrace (Embassy Suites, Hamption, Best Western Plus, Quality Inn, and even the Comfort Inn IMHO are better than this hotel.

You could actually get a pretty decent room and have a good stay, as I did the first time.

Or you may not.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My Senior Supervisor and I had to attend a one day conference in Anaheim this past Monday and were worn out afterwards. It was so nice to come to a cool, clean and quite room. The beds were comfortable and having a refrigerator and microwave in the room really helped us keep costs down.

The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. We needed extra decaf coffee in our room and when I ordered it, it was delivered within 5 minutes! We will definitely stay with them again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business