“Great budget hotel! Includes breakfast and wifi, clean rooms”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We found this hotel to be perfect for us-breakfast included fruits, ready made oatmeal, fresh waffles made to order, hard boiled eggs, cereals, ,bagels, toast, yogurts and all your breakfast juices and milk, coffee and tea. Pretty good to keep you filled till lunchtime for sure! Room was kept clean-unexpected fridge and microwave was a nice bonus. We kept bottles of water cold and was able to buy fixings to then make sandwiches for lunches.also has a small fitness room and guest washer and dryer.Pool and hot tub was good too. Overall cleanliness of hotel was okay- if you're looking for a luxury hotel then this probably isn't for you-but if you just want a decent hotel to lay your head down at night, included breakfast for just over $100 bucks a night then this is just fine.Location for us was fine because we rented a car, so I can't speak to the transit systems.We would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We talked to the hotel clerk before we got here to make sure we got a nonsmoking room. They said they can't guarantee a nonsmoking room for us, and I was very surprised. I really don't wanna spend another hotel trip inhaling second hand smoking. I couldn't sleep and hardly breathing well comfortably because another hotel didn't care to give nonsmoking room.

Lo and behold, when we got there, after we complained ahead of time before our arrival, we got a nonsmoking room on the third floor. The clerks were friendly. The room was clean and large. It was big enough for 4 people. We had a sink, coffee maker, Big Tv, a couch, and a pull out sofa bed. There was a king size bed and the usual iron/iron board, hair dryer, and alarm clock.

The pool was nice as was the hot tub. If you have dogs, this is the place for you. As for the neighbourhood, it was fine. I came to the hotel because I was looking for future apartment. I drove to Fullerton, placentia, Anaheim, Costa Mesa, and diamond bar. It was an pleasant drive even o. The 405, 55, and 57.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Iban-Torontonian
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Good location for Knott's Berry Farm. Not hard to get to beach. Pool was inviting. Decent rooms. Maid staff was great! Breakfast personell was right on the money! The food was constanly full. Very heplful with kids! Counters were kept clean even with all th kids! We would definitly stay agian if in this town again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed here several times. Staff always welcoming and friendly. Always thought rooms were decent for the price until this weekend. It is now apparent this is one of the lower priced hotels in the area. I never noticed before this was a pet friendly hotel but I think very few on this weekend were without pets. We opted to stay here hoping to get some rest and sleep in on Saturday morning. I was awoken at 6am by a yapping dog that continued for 30 min. I was not able to go back to sleep. After arrival on Friday night, I went to get ice from vending area. I was surprised and intimidated to find so many guests and their guests sitting outside their rooms drinking and smoking. I noticed several rooms with their doors ajar or open and guys coming and going. Saturday night we returned from dinner and the same thing was going on. We had to park a couple of hotels away as there were no spaces left and there were more than 10 cars actively seeking parking. This was at 11pm. There were many "thug" like guys hanging in cars in parking area and walking around grounds. I did not feel safe even walking with my spouse. There were more people than night before sitting outside their rooms drinking, smoking, chillin. They even had desk chairs from rooms outside. It took awhile to fall asleep as I could hear cars still circling for parking, some honking horns, and lots of voices. As I write this it is 5am and I have been awake since 220am thanks to some guys yelling out to each other and a few whistles. I continued to hear movement somewhere outside my room from about 3-330am. I am not comfortable that the hotel allows the night activity and it is apparent that anyone and any activity is accepted as long as the bill is paid. It gave the appearance and feel of staying at very very cheap motel. I am sorry this location has swayed this way as it was at one time a decent place. I will never stay again nor do I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank 1kegger2
A TripAdvisor Member
Paso Robles, California, USA
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Take a tray to breakfast; carry coffee, donuts, orange juice, bananas, & yogurt and the daily paper. Use the valet cart for offloading and loading, makes the trip easier; when something's not visible, always ask for it, they just might have it. Extend your thanks to everyone at the hotel, goes far in creating a joy of serving and being served. Use the 15 minute front area to offload and on load your gear. Visit Santa Ana, friendliest town in Orange County.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Antioch, California, USA
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I picked this hotel cause it was near the seminar I was attending. I had a nice/clean room on the third floor.If I needed to eat something, it was only short walk away. I only had one concern which was the lack of available clothes washer/dryers available. All in all, I was very happy with my stay and would book with LQ again. The staff was nice also. My hats off to them also.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I needed a place near the Amtrak station and the Santa Ana airport, so I booked La Quinta. I picked it because I needed one that picked up after 10:30pm from the airport. La Quinta runs until about 10:45pm, they told me. Other hotels said 10ish, and I didn't want to risk it so I booked La Quinta. However, when I was waiting for the shuttle there were plenty of other hotel shuttles sitting there waiting. I think I would have been okay with any of the major chains. The shuttle was nice and the driver was friendly.

La Quinta can be really hit or miss, and this one was somewhat in the middle.

The bad:

The room smelled like dog, the floor had gigantic wet spots (I didn't want to think about it). There was dog hair and stains all over the mattress (but under the sheets, I always check for bed bugs and there were obviously none). The breakfast was subpar - the maple syrup was nasty, the coffee was instant, and I think the OJ was Sunny Delight. There were other options, bagels, cereal and hard boiled eggs. I didn't have time to get something else after my failed waffle (which someone made, which was a change), so I can't comment on those. The towels were worn and thing. The shuttle runs hourly, even if no one else needs it or has booked it.

The good:

It was cheap! (You get what you pay for) Free hotel transportation, free wifi (I had NO issues with it), the room was large, typical La Quinta amenities, the staff was really friendly.

All in all, I love La Quinta. I'm often with a dog so they give me an option. But, I don't know why I stayed here when I was alone. I tend to like a higher end place, so that was my mistake. It wasn't awful but it wasn't great. Some people would love it though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo