La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
US$155
US$131
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
HolidayInn.com
US$143
US$119
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$70
Red Roof
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanthe breakfast areahotel terraceembassy suites next doorfree breakfastorange countyrefrigerator and microwaveconvenient locationflat screen tvwould stay againhot tubking bedjohn wayne airporteasy accesscoffee makernewport beach
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was our first stay in a La Quinta brand hotel and it certainly won't be our last. We chose La Quinta for their pet policy - they don't charge any pet fees. Our stay was comfortable and extremely pleasant. This hotel is nestled among several other nice looking hotel properties (on a street called "Hotel Terrace") and we felt very safe here. The room was very spacious and had a micro-fridge and separate sink area, almost like a mini kitchen. The bed was one of the best we've had in a hotel. Room was clean but there were several worn spots on the carpet, not a big deal. We are looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was frustrated by a blind booking engine that placed me here as I do not think that this property is a 3.0 star EVER.

That being said -- I consider a star system on the basis of Luxuries and not cleanliness -- but it seems in modern parlance - it is meant to reflect good vs. bad or clean vs. dirty.

All said - this property was surprisingly tolerable. The bed was small but acceptable. The open area of the room nice and a large refrigerator. It was clearly a refinished room - I cannot speak for other rooms.

Prior reviews had my caution flags up for this property. Persons has references poor staffing, safety concerns, limited parking, etc. For my experience, the Staff were extremely polite at check-in and sufficiently polite at check-out.

The 1st floor room was not in a position near the pool that some might desire - but for us it constituted more noise and more limited privacy

Parking is tight at night which ads to stress -however the front desk re-assured me that it was not fully booked and that it would not likely be an issue --- Did I change my plans for my hotel? Yes I did. I came back earlier to avoid a potential parking issue.

In any case - I think its an acceptable 2.5 --- but that it should never be classified as a 3.0

Also - skip the free breakfast. Its free for a reason and a stretch to call it breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Ana, California, USA
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I'm delighted to be writing this review. I appreciated the intelligent design of the room and the courteous service. The placement of the refrigerator, sink, and microwave oven is exactly what I would want for a stay away from home. The hotel is located walking distance from a good restraunt and I found the spa relaxing at the end of day. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Being a guest at this La Quinta Inn is a 3-D experience--it was Dirty, Depressing, and Disgusting. This is NOT a 3-star hotel; the rooms it offers are much more suitable to a cheap motel. Our room reeked of cigarette smoke. The carpeting was so dirty that my husband and I waited to take off our shoes until we were at the side of the bed. The "suite" they provide is merely a small foam sofa (with ripped upholstery and cigarette holes) and a chair--the single bed is on the other side of a small wall--not a separate room. There are no amenities provided except a bar of soap. We paid $100.+ for this room--we should have slept in our car instead. Save yourself the trouble of staying here. This La Quinta hotel is too dirty for families /children, and too depressing for any business person looking for an oasis to relax after a long day at work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business