“Great Value & Personal Service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Houston, TX
“Great Value & Personal Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I were visiting Orange County to celebrate her birthday for a week. I selected a 3-star hotel on Hotwire near Orange Couny airport, which turned out to be La Quinta. I e-mailed the hotel general manager, Nicole, a few days before our visit and requested a non-smoking room with a queen/king bed in a quiet area. I also mentioned that we were going to celebrate the birthday and that I planned to write a review for Tripadvisor. She responded quickly, made sure she understood my requests correctly, and asked my wife's name. We ended up with a fantastic upgraded room with a birthday card for my wife and lots of cookie/snack goodies. Keep in mind that this is a hotel without a restaurant, so these goodies had to be purchased. This was a very pleasant surprise for my wife.

The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting Orange County, right off the 55 Freeway. It is a mile away from The District, which has great restaurants and lots of stores. The room was huge with a refrigerator which we put to good use. We met Nicole who was very pleasant and eager to please. The workout room, which I used twice, is very functional. Breakfast, which is included, is nothing fancy but very pleasant with freshly made Belgian waffles. Parking is plentiful and free - it seems like most hotels charge now for parking which I try to avoid.

I would highly recommend this hotel, which is correctly rated as 3-star, but great value. I compared prices quite a bit before selecting this hotel and it was by far the best deal. Don't stay here if you want a fancy hotel, but if you are looking for a pleasant stay at a great price, stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (3rd) quiet room away from the freeway, ice machine, and elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TroHouston1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Prunedale, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Laquinta, Always clean, Comfortable, sufficient choices for breakfast. Locations are good, staff is friendly regardless of state and location. Love the beds . Wish there were more of them in other cities I travel to! Highly Recommend , Can't go wrong with this choice for value and consistency!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jacqueline B
Portland, OR, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and priced well. Location offers great access to the freeways, close to shoping and restaurants. Staff is helpful, and on top of their game. I have stayed at this hotel on three different occasions in the past year, twice for at last 5 days in a row. It's my go-to for Orange County lodging.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Moorpark, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very happy with quality of rooms and service. Always greeted by a friendly employee who usually remembers and greats me by name. Room is always in perfect condition and quite. Ample parking and close to all other areas of my needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul B
Reviewed 3 May 2014

a group of us stayed in our hotel for the Pet Expo and I would recommend for everyone! Family-pet friendly close to everything! Breakfast was sufficient - rooms are great - pool good close to local attractions, shopping great restaurants even the freeway! SEe you next year

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Cindy Y
las vegas, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I very much enjoy staying at LaQuinta. And I have a small pet. Staff is excellent. - However, in one room, the LaQuinta (Santa Ana) had dirty/cloudy water running from the sink and bath tub. It was terrible. I changed rooms mid-stay and things were fine. - other than that, my stays have been great. - I was just at LaQuinta (Santa Ana) last week.... and I will be checking into LaQuinta (Santa Ana) again tomorrow (May 2nd).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Phyllis T
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Right next door to the Embassy suites, sits the LaQuinta SNA. Unassuming and quaint...a hidden gem in my opinion. The outdoor bfast area, the atrium pool views and the awesome So-Cal weather made our stay supurb!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple