“Good Quality”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very comfortable room and beds. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely try and stay at La Quinta in future travels. Great no fee pet policy is a plus! Conveniently located and close to many attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Norma A

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were traveling with our two small kids and ended up in a room with a single king-size bed. However, it turned out great because it had a separate sitting area sort of sectioned off by the closet from where the king bed sleeping area is. The couch in that area had a pull out bed for our kids to sleep on. There was a nice kitchenette with a microwave, sink, and mini fridge that we found very convenient. The rooms were pretty clean, but the hotel could stand to make a few renovations. Our bathroom had some cracked floor tiles and several chips in the tub, plus the carpet had a few stains. Breakfast is great, however most of the seating is outside which may be a little cool in winter months. The location is great--easy freeway access and there is a gas station and Jack-in-the-Box within walking distance.

Our kids did want to swim early one morning before leaving, and the pool wasn't open even though it was 15 minutes past posted pool open hours. I asked the front desk when it would open and the lady was a little chippy about it. She also said there would be pool towels there when it finally did open, but there wasn't. Also, the staff charged our card for the stay even though we paid through a hotel booking app. I had to call back a week later after seeing it on my CC bill and have it removed. Other than that we had a positive experience and would likely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rdiddy1234
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here in February '14. The room wasn't yet clean at check-in time so we stood on the balcony with our luggage while housekeeping sped-cleaned it. They hauled out bags and bags of glass bottles, beer cans, syringes, and other party paraphernalia. Once we got inside we noticed a very musty odor. Later that evening (of course after we were all unpacked), we noticed that the carpet around the sink in the living space was soaking wet. My husband opened the under-sink cupboard and turned on the faucet and got sprayed in the face. We called the front desk and they moved us rooms no problem. Our new room had a clogged toilet and we waited a while for maintenance to finish fixing the first problem before they were able to come over and unclog it. When I climbed into bed late that night I noticed a scary looking stain all over the side of the bed and down the bedskirt up where the pillow was (blood?) Too tired to move yet again or bother with a bedding change, I went to sleep and tried not to imagine an axe murderer busting the door down to claim a second victim while sleeping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Misty W
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We didn't have any problems.

The interior and exterior have been renovated but not recently. There weren't enough places for 2 people to sit down and eat. There was only a couch with one arm and the cushion was vinyl,b but it was not supposed to be vinyl.

The room was clean. It stayed fairly quiet. The bed was comfortable. It's close to major attractions. We drove up from San Diego to go to a baseball game and left the next morning to shower at home.

Not what I expect for the money, and it could have been a little better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I travel a lot and am loyal to a few reward programs. LQ is one of those I stay in often since I usually get good bank for the buck. This place however was very disappointing - up keep very poor both inside and out; walls are thin so the conversation my upstairs neighbors were having at midnight woke me out of my sleep; the room looked clean but it did not "feel" clean so I ended up keeping my socks on and limited my use of furniture. Could be a great place if the mgmt. chooses to spend some time and money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The employees are super nice as all LA Quinta's I have stayed at. The only problem with this hotel is the smell in the room. This is the second time I stay at this location and the room smelled like cigarettes. I think this is a older la Quinta given the furniture.
I payed for a suite and it was not like the other suites I have stayed at with La Quinta.
Not worth the extra money I payed. There was also a dog barking next door to me. I think they should have a designated area for guest with dogs since I was trying to sleep and the dog was barking non stop. I told the front desk but they said

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2014

One of the nicest places we have stayed. We will stay again when we are visiting our children California again. You are close to just about everything in this location and it is easy to get to from the highway

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family