“Friendly, helpful staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here one night for a business trip and will be returning next week. Room was clean and well appointed. Comfortable chair, desk and outlets for working. VERY comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows. Mini-fridge and wet-bar (which I didn't have a chance to use.) My room was facing out from the front of the hotel, but noise was not a problem.

I had to make several copies for a presentation I was doing the next morning. After using the printer in the lobby I asked the desk staff if I could make some copies (5 copies of a 3 page report.) He gladly offered to make them for me in the back office. I offered to pay but he did them for free - thereby saving me a trip to find a nearby copy place.

Breakfast outside by the pool was nice. Very friendly staff helped me to find what I was looking for and helped me make a waffle. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here and it was my first time to stay at La Quinta and it was a great experience.

Stayed here for the 4th of July, only one night. We needed more blankets and towel and we got them in less than 30 minutes. We needed some forks and spoons because the Famous Dave's we went to didn't give us any with our to go order and La Quinta gave us spoons, forks, knives, and plates!

Also, the free breakfast here was over the top! they had fresh waffles! oat meal, cereals, bread, yogurt, fruits, milk, juice, bagels, toasters for the bread, jelly for your toast, and so much more.

Another plus was they don't have pet fee for the dogs and no pet deposit either.

Definitely my place to stay when I have my dog with me during travels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HOTELyelpelite1016
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Spent four nights here on business. The people in the room next door spoke loudly through the night, escalating to yelling in the dawn hours for two of the nights, which caused considerable challenges to my sleep. My work colleague, several doors down, had a similar experience with a different neighbor. I don't think the walls are particularly thin, so much as the fact that the affordable rates of the hotel might tend to attract some guests who do not necessarily adhere to more civil rules of society. On the other hand, the staff was friendly and helpful on several occasions and, as mentioned, the room was very clean and well maintained by the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bc3rd
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very comfortable room and beds. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely try and stay at La Quinta in future travels. Great no fee pet policy is a plus! Conveniently located and close to many attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Norma A
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were traveling with our two small kids and ended up in a room with a single king-size bed. However, it turned out great because it had a separate sitting area sort of sectioned off by the closet from where the king bed sleeping area is. The couch in that area had a pull out bed for our kids to sleep on. There was a nice kitchenette with a microwave, sink, and mini fridge that we found very convenient. The rooms were pretty clean, but the hotel could stand to make a few renovations. Our bathroom had some cracked floor tiles and several chips in the tub, plus the carpet had a few stains. Breakfast is great, however most of the seating is outside which may be a little cool in winter months. The location is great--easy freeway access and there is a gas station and Jack-in-the-Box within walking distance.

Our kids did want to swim early one morning before leaving, and the pool wasn't open even though it was 15 minutes past posted pool open hours. I asked the front desk when it would open and the lady was a little chippy about it. She also said there would be pool towels there when it finally did open, but there wasn't. Also, the staff charged our card for the stay even though we paid through a hotel booking app. I had to call back a week later after seeing it on my CC bill and have it removed. Other than that we had a positive experience and would likely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rdiddy1234
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here in February '14. The room wasn't yet clean at check-in time so we stood on the balcony with our luggage while housekeeping sped-cleaned it. They hauled out bags and bags of glass bottles, beer cans, syringes, and other party paraphernalia. Once we got inside we noticed a very musty odor. Later that evening (of course after we were all unpacked), we noticed that the carpet around the sink in the living space was soaking wet. My husband opened the under-sink cupboard and turned on the faucet and got sprayed in the face. We called the front desk and they moved us rooms no problem. Our new room had a clogged toilet and we waited a while for maintenance to finish fixing the first problem before they were able to come over and unclog it. When I climbed into bed late that night I noticed a scary looking stain all over the side of the bed and down the bedskirt up where the pillow was (blood?) Too tired to move yet again or bother with a bedding change, I went to sleep and tried not to imagine an axe murderer busting the door down to claim a second victim while sleeping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Misty W
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We didn't have any problems.

The interior and exterior have been renovated but not recently. There weren't enough places for 2 people to sit down and eat. There was only a couch with one arm and the cushion was vinyl,b but it was not supposed to be vinyl.

The room was clean. It stayed fairly quiet. The bed was comfortable. It's close to major attractions. We drove up from San Diego to go to a baseball game and left the next morning to shower at home.

Not what I expect for the money, and it could have been a little better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple