All reviewswafflesthe breakfast arearoom was cleanfree breakfasthotel terraceembassy suites next doororange countyrefrigerator and microwaveconvenient locationhot tubwould stay againking bedjohn wayne airporteasy accesscoffee makerfront desk staffminute drive
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Born and raised in Orange County California now living in Texas and also being a La Quinta rewards customer I expected a much nicer place! After reading some bad reviews I went ahead and booked for five days. I'm the type of person that likes to see for myself and that I did! My expectations are not high but this particular La Quinta really needs to make changes! As soon as we walked in, the room smelled muggy, rug was dirty, bathtub had chipped paint and somewhat dirty, water backed up in shower, needs serious furniture update, couch was hard and uncomfortable. It seems like they let people live there and at night we noticed all types of people. Our neighbors had different people coming in and out all day and night and that says a lot! Honestly, not a good choice to stay here!! I wanted to leave after the first night stay but my husband didn't want to pack up again!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSantaAnaGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like the opportunity to chat with you, please email your contact number and a good time to call at lq2006gm@lqreviews.com.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Transients wander the halls, parking lot and eat breakfast in the breakfast room. They do have smoking rooms which is very rare. The room smelled moldy/musty not like smoke. TV connector was loose and not working well.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2016

I first stayed here when I was going to see a show at The Sanata Ana Observatory just up the street. I have been back ever since due to their quality clean rooms that are worth their price. The staff is very friendly and open to my many questions about the area.
It is a little noisy due to the area it is around, but nothing that's unbearable.
I always stay here when traveling from John Wayne airport that's just a 20 minute drive down the street. Anytime I will be in Santa Ana I will stay definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Stayed at La Quinta Inn for my husbands birthday. Only thing was we thought it was a bit pricey for the accommodations and it was very crowded (the other La Quinita we stay at usually was filled). The room was comfortable and the bed was VERY well made

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2016

When I arrived both the room smelled and the bathroom smelled. There were long hairs visible on the floor, the toilet, and in the bath. After showering in the morning I grabbed what I thought was a clean towel folded with the other towels. Long hairs began sticking to me from the towel. Someone had used the towel and folded it back up. That's when I sniffed the bed linens. All but 2 of the pillows smelled of hair products. The room hadn't been cleaned. I notified the front desk and asked them to have the room cleaned thoroughly during the day while I was gone. When I got back to my room that evening the room hadn't been serviced. Everything was just as I'd left it. I called to the front desk and told them the situation. I asked for clean towels and linens. They brought up a few towels and a single sheet. I put the sheet on top of the bed and slept on that.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSantaAnaGM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay at the La Quinta Santa Ana. We're very concerned about the issues you've mentioned and are sorry that we dropped the ball as we did during your stay. You should expect a room that is clean and well taken care of, and we failed you here. We're very sorry and we'd like to chat with you further about your specific situation. Would you reach out to us at lq2006gm@lqreviews.com. Thanks again for your review, and we're looking forward to chatting with you soon!