The hotel is very close to the John Wayne airport and is very easy to find. You would figure a hotel that is very close to the airport you would hear a lot of plane traffic. Interestingly, during my overnight stay, I never heard one plane.
We arrived at the hotel on Saturday May 5, at 5:00pm and the check in was quick and easy with a very friendly staff. When we arrived, there was a beautiful large wedding going on. It was kind of strange that the hotels main ballroom was right outside of the front desk. There were a lot of the wedding attendees out in the hotel lobby, so we had to maneuver around them to get to the elevators. They were very courteous and we had no problem moving through the crowd. I looked into the main ballroom and it was large and absolutely beautiful.
The hotel's hallway is very nice and clean with ample lighting. The room was also very clean and nicely appointed. The room has a nice bathroom with a granite counter top and a dark walnut counter. Nice Evelyn & Crabtree bath amenities. There's a flat screen TV and large work desk. The are more than enough electrical outlets which is great for the business traveler.
The bed, pillows, and comforter were extremely comfortable and I have to say it's one of the best I've slept in - in all of my travels.
Our room was facing the side where there was a lot of automobile traffic. I believe it was Main St as I could see Star Bucks and a couple of restaurants from our window. I'm a light sleeper, however the room is nicely insulated so you barely hear the traffic. Also the air conditioning unit is very quiet and I had no problem sleeping.
Contrary to what I mentioned about how nice it was to sleep in the room, an incident happened at 2:30am on Sunday May 6.
The hotel's emergency alarm system went off advising the guest to exit the hotel due to an emergency situation. We got up out of bed to exit the hotel and when we exited our room, there was a heavy smell of "weed" throughout the hallway. When we worked our way to the stairwell, a hotel employee advised it was a false alarm. We figured the weed smoking ...holes tripped the alarm. The alarm kept going on for about 20 minutes which was extremely annoying. At that point I was so upset I had rough time trying to get back to sleep, even with the wonderful bed I enjoying.
This incident wasn't the fault of the hotel, however at checkout, at least the front desk agents could have mentioned the incident and apologized for it.
Putting that incident aside, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is well kept, very friendly employees, comfortable room, and close to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Santa Ana hotel is six miles from Newport, Laguna, and Huntington beaches and offers complimentary shuttle between the hotel and John Wayne Airport. South Coast Plaza is only 2 miles away. Take advantage of the cosmopolitan pedestrian area surrounding the hotel. Dine in the plaza's elegant restaurants, and enjoy the valet parking and Concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Santa Ana
- Doubletree Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Doubletree
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport CA