DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Irvine, United States
“Great”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My apartment was under small renovation at the time. I booked some place for one night near by work so I didn't have to locate as far. The Double Tree hotel has been my go-to spot for a past year when stuff like this came up. All in all I've always had an amazing experience. Elegance, luxury, price and comfort all-into-one. Love it. Thanks Double Tree

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a very quiet hotel that was very conveniently located to SNA airport. I enjoyed the ability to self park. Very accessible to popular South Coast mall. I look forward to staying at this hotel on my next visit. I highly recommend.

grand rapids, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel is conveniently located near the airport and business. Shuttle service available during normal business hours. Stay does not include a continental breakfast, plan for this to add $13-$18 avg daily

West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was staying in Brea, but flew out of John Wayne early so I stayed here the night before. I go in late after having dinner with co-workers so all I did was check in, sleep, get up early, and leave. The service was great at the front desk and the hotel was very elegant. The beds were dreamy and wonderful! The rooms were nice and well cleaned as well! Overall, I was impressed with this hotel, even with a quick visit. Wish I could have stayed longer to at least check out the workout room!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Livermore
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The check-in process was bad. The receptionist didn't welcome me, didn't want to know if this was my first visit not did she guide to the elevator. The hotel was good, not sure why didn't reserve a room for me, they had assigned a handicap/wheel chair access room, which was not requested.

Santa Ana, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel staff is way above average, the service and attention to detail was outstanding. The food was also excellent. I rate this Double Tree Hotel as a winner where not all are. The guys with the shuttle service went above and beyond for me. I have just recently been transfered ato the Santa Ana office and I will consitently use this hotel.

Nebraska
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were here for 3 nights. Airport shuttle arrived quickly, driver was friendly. Quick check-in, love the cookies! Our first night around 12:30a, the building fire alarm blared that an emergency was detected in the building and we needed to leave by the stairwell. The alarm is extremely loud as it should be, and repeats. My husband and I couldn't hear each other over the alarm, so we dressed hurriedly and headed for the stairs. I assumed (and hoped) it was a false alarm, but I was shocked that we encountered only one other guest in the hallway and in our trek down the 7 flights of stairs. The alarm stopped before we made it outside, where there were maybe five other guests. That was it. A car pulled up, and out stepped a pizza delivery man who headed into the lobby. Then a fire truck came and the firemen went inside. I noticed the pizza guy was directed to the elevators by the desk clerk, so we headed back in too. Words were exchanged between the firemen and the desk clerk, and the firemen started to leave. We asked if it was ok to return to our room, and the fireman said it was. On checkout, I noticed it was the same clerk from that night, so I asked what happened. He said a guest was smoking in his/her room. Grrrr.

The rest of our stay was pleasant, no other major problems. We had breakfast vouchers, and enjoyed the continental breakfast offerings from fruit, muffins, sweet rolls, toast, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, and juices. DH upgraded one morning to the hot stuff and said it was fine.

Whoever was is the adjoining room was somewhat noisy, but once they settled in, things were ok.

Please note that there is another DoubleTree just a few blocks away (within site of the front entrance), so note the address in case you're traveling by cab or plugging it into a GPS. We had a local relative picking us up, and he went to the other location by mistake.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-adjoining.