“Decent, could be better!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Cosa Mesa, CA
“Decent, could be better!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Pros
+good room w amenities
+staff super nice, even the concierge and parking staff
+courtesy shuttle
+love the cookie-:)

Cons
-parking fees
-Internet fees

Summary
The additional fees would deter me from booking a room, unless the rates are low! Unless I can figure out a way to use the shuttle better, the parking fees are a rip-off.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Xenoglosophilic
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Xenoglosophilic,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind review of some of the amenities and more importantly our biggest asset...our staff!! I will be sure to pass the sentiment along to them. I am sorry that the extra fees would deter you from staying with us again in the future. We do offer many different packages online that include Internet and parking and you can find them at our hotel website. You can also sign up with Hilton HHonors and enjoy the many benefits of being an HHonors member, such as Internet, parking and breakfast.

I do hope we can have you as our guest again in the future!!

Rob Koscelnik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Fontana, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very nice accommodations. Everyone very friendly. The women cleaning the rooms were great and very accommodating. Went for a wedding where we all stayed. They were able to put us all together except for the last minute guest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the event was a success!! I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding our staff.

Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The rooms are super nice and the staff is friendly. If you're lucky, you'll get a room on the side with a good view! Valet is available for $19 or you can park your vehicle in the deck downstairs for free. The Meritage Restaurant has a great little bar scene, especially if you are traveling on business. Food there is good too.

Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us!! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team here. Keep your eye open in the restaurant and bar as we are upgrading our menu selections in the coming months.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon!!

United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been coming here for about 7 years for regular business trips. The service has improved tremendously in the past year. The rooms are always clean. The restaurant is pretty good (I preferred the previous menu). Thierry (the bartender) is one of the best in the business.

Robert,

First and foremost, THANK YOU for your loyalty to our hotel and Hilton Worldwide!! We appreciate the kind words about your time with us. As the new General Manager of this property, I appreciate the kind words. I will be sure to pass along your sentiments to the staff and their service improvements!! We do love the service and attention that Thierry gives to your guests and look forward to many more years with him. We are also currently looking into options and changing the menu to meet all of our guests needs so keep an eye out for future changes.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you the next time you are staying with us!!

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had an extra night to spend in the area Friday so we decided on Santa Ana because of the proximity to So. Coast Plaza, theaters and good restaurants. We were impressed by the hotel, it's rooms and wonderful beds. It turned out we didn't have to go out for dinner. The hotel has a fantastic restaurant, great food and staff. We ordered food not on the menu and the chef was gracious enough to make a special dish. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014
M3K1,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us!! I am happy to hear that you were able to stay in the area and enjoy the surrounding attractions. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and that we were able to accommodate your requests. Our chef is currently in the process of updating the menu, so hopefully we can welcome you back again soon to sample and enjoy new dishes.

Thanks again

Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My flight was delayed coming in so I was not at the hotel all that long. I checked in around 2am and left by 9am. The desk staff was very nice. And my room was nice and it was big as I was upgraded. It seemed pretty nicely located.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
RovingCOO,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay and more importantly, thanks for staying with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future and you can enjoy some of the amenities the hotel and surrounding area have to offer.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice room, comfortable bed (most important), and staff was very friendly. Great place to stay close to John Wayne Airport (Santa Ana). Access to hotel is easy and you can self park or valet. I recommend valet as it is very convenient and is only a few bucks more that self park.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our location to be easily accessible and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words about the staff at the hotel as I feel they are our biggest asset. We hope to have you as our guest again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!