DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here for an event that was in Santa Ana. There were a lot of people in our group and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. A warm cookie at check in and free shuttle service to and from the airport. They met every request with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rob K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Patricia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Most importantly, I appreciate your comments regarding the staff. Our staff is our greatest asset and hope that we can welcome you back again soon (with a warm Doubletree Chocolate Cookie).

Regards,

Rob Koscelnik

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a great time at the DoubleTree Santa Ana! My boyfriend and I were there for my high school reunion and they did a great job with putting a block of rooms at a GREAT rate together for those of us staying there and the bed was so incredibly comfortable! I wish I had this bed at home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I were part of a bridal party at a near by venue, and booked with the group rate. Overall, a beautiful hotel, but for the price, we have stayed at nicer. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was spacious. It was unfortunate that the closest and only available parking was valet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Not pleased with how hotel rates fluctuate from one day to the other. Some to my colleagues got a better rate than I. Maybe next time we should book all together. Then when the parking gets full they send you to a distant parking that makes it inconvenient when you leave with all your luggage, unless you get valet parking of course.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent a little one and one with my daughter prior to her leaving for college in So. Cal. We took in a baseball game in Anaheim and the McCartney concert at Dodger Stadium. We decided to stay here at the Doubletree and so glad we did. The room was great and the service was even better. Very comfortable and quiet and the breakfast was very good also. There was a wedding reception there one night but they were very helpful in finding us a place to park when we got home late from the game and were very friendly about it even though there were 200+ peolple in the lobby and parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at the DoubleTree Santa Ana this week while I did business in Orange County. The experience was very positive.

The hotel is located about 7 minutes from the Santa Ana/John Wayne Airport, straight down MacArthur Blvd. at MacArthur Place. The hotel is adjacent to a variety of shops and residential condominiums and it is a nice quiet place to spend the night.

I checked in around dinner time and learned that the garage was full. They told me to park at the garage across the street which was free. I obliged and saved myself $15/night for the 3 nights that I was at the hotel.

The room was clean and well appointed. It was clear that the hotel had recently been renovated. Everything was new. I slept like a baby in the firm, comfortable bed that was provided. The Internet was fast and easy to use and for me, it was free-of-charge.

Each morning I had the chance to take my breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I did this only one day. I found that while the service was obliging, the food was not particularly outstanding. I'm not a breakfast guy so the rest of the week I opted to go to the nearby Starbucks instead. The coffee here was particularly bad.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay. It cost me $189/night on a AAA rate (plus local embezzlement taxes). I used the hotel shuttle to get to the airport at 5:30 the next morning and because it was so convenient, I was able to return my car the evening before and save myself an extra day of rental. I took the shuttle back to the hotel too.

Summary: Clean, comfortable, friendly, moderately expensive and convenient. I will return.

Room Tip: Stay on the inside rooms away from MacArthur Blvd. Parking in the NORTH GARAGE is free (until they r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Horrible experience here. Was here for a wedding and everyone in the hotel looked as if they were out to cheat their customers. No cookie was offered or mentioned. The valet argued about overnight parking vs wedding parking and just didn't feel as "warm" as other Double tree hotels. I wish it would have been a better stay but it just wasn't. I don't think the chain is bad but this one seem to be under bad management.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Don N

Don,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with us. We are constantly striving to uphold the warm Doubletree standard and it appears that we did not during your time with us. I can assure you that we take these comments to heart and use them as a training tool to increase our service levels. I would love the opportunity to prove to you that our service levels are higher than what you experienced. I do hope we can welcome you back (with a warm chocolate cookie) next time.

Regards,