This hotel is in an entire complex of hotels, all conveniently midway between SNA John Wayne Orange County airport and downtown Santa Ana, making it a very central location for those two destinations. This is my second stay here, each for three nights, so I have had an opportunity to experience this place at length. Pros and cons:
- large rooms. Request a room with a dividing wall between the two or else you'll just get a semi-wall, so it's not really a "suite." I know they offer "efficiency" rooms as well but this room was listed as a suite-- the first time it really was a suite, this time less so. Still I would list the suite (for the price) as a "Pro" because it gave me extra space to work. That said, the desk chair could be more supportive and there were very few power outlets-- bring an extra power strip if you plan to work.
- cooked breakfast: a very nice touch, you have the option of eggs any style or pancakes, with bacon and hash browns on the side. Very limited yogurt, fruit, and cereal selection otherwise. Terrible coffee too. But isn't free hotel coffee always terrible?
- hot tub and pool: nice hot tub with actual hot water and jets. Small details, I know, but important. Stayed open until 10, too-- nice touch.
- nicely landscaped grounds: perhaps the hotel's best feature, it's very nicely landscaped, with a lush interior courtyard. I liked walking around this place, which can't be said for most of Orange County.
- helpful staff. I really, really liked the front desk and breakfast staff here. Twice they printed out maps for me that saved me having to use highways ala google maps when surface roads save time during rush hours. Of course, the staff can't fix the exercise machines, but that's not really their fault.
-computer with printer: just one, but it was fast, free and easy to use and print. very, very appreciated!
- exercise room is a joke. The motion-sensitive lights are sparse and dim, and worse, they kept going out during my workout-- scary! Had to keep the TV on just to have enough light to see. The one elliptical trainer had an old "out of order" sign on it and a call to the front desk made it sound like they had no idea it was even broken, and had no plans in place to fix it. This left a single treadmill, a single bicycle, and a single multi-weight machine as the sum total of the exercise room. This room could use a big, big improvement, and if I had the extra money I might stay somewhere else because of it. But I don't, so I'm here.
-stuffy, poor ventilation. Some rooms have balconies that let you open the entire sliding door. If you want fresh air, consider requesting a room with a balcony, otherwise you will have a stuffy room.
-noisy mini-fridge. Good thing I use earplugs or this would have kept me up.
I would probably return here as it is a good value for the money, but if I could find a place near the price with a decent exercise room, it might be worth switching. If that's not an issue for you, then this a good place. It's also nicer than the surrounding hotels except for the Embassy Suites, but that place is usually $50 more per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The CW Suites hotel is an atrium-style, 177 all-suite hotel. Hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to John Wayne Orange County Airport, free wireless Internet access and on-site fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites John Wayne Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Quality Inn Santa Ana
- Quality Hotel Santa Ana
- Country Inn And Suites - John Wayne Airport Santa Ana, Orange County, CA