“Ok but noisy”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Skawina, Poland
“Ok but noisy”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Arrived late at this property, room ok but loud guests sitting round the pool and someone loudly speaking on the phone outside my room did not help sleep. Staff very helpful. Left before breakfast so cannot comment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are deeply sorry about noise issues experienced during your stay. Our pool is normally a quiet area during the night time since it closes at 10pm. Once again, thank you for taking time to comment about your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is very clean and has beautiful clean grounds. The shuttle service and made to order breakfast is wonderful. The only downfall is that the mirror and sink are in front of the bed so it doesn't allow sleeping in if one partner needs to get up earlier in order to get ready on time.

Room Tip: Not sure which side is better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our full cooked to order breakfast and were able to use our free airport shuttle. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Marina Del Rey, CA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here last week in our quest to find a place we can stay, a few days every other week during the school year. This was adequate, but not great. While clean, the rooms were outdated. We ended up changing rooms because our toilet didn't work and I needed to get my daughter to sleep. They were very accommodating with this. The cook to order breakfast was nice. The price was decent too. Overall, A-okay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. We do apologize that your toilet was not working properly and that we had to move you to another room. We do hope that you would give us another opportunity to make your future stay more pleasant.
Lancaster, CA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My son and I stayed here one night Saturday 2/8/14. The hotel and room were clean and the staff helpful and nice.
There truely is a "Cooked to order" breakfast - you walk up to the counter with your breakfast coupon and order from a choice of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown, omelet etc. The breakfast was VERY good!
I paid for a "pool view" room - which I did get - my only complaint was there are no guest rooms on the ground floor - I was fully expecting to walk out of my door to the pool area. I did have a "Pool view" if I walked outside and looked over the balcony - not quite what I was expecting - I'd probably not bother paying the extra money again.

We checked out the "gym" (but did not use it) They've literally taken an empty room and put gym equiment in the room - as another reviewer mentioned it is VERY dark in the gym and there are no fans at all - the elliptical machine was broken. I work out a lot but decided to give this one a miss!

Overall, a good stay. The check in was fast and the girl was nice, even though she couldn't tell us any local restaurants for dinner (!) so we used "Yelp". If you are in the area try Lucille's BBQ just 5 mins drive away - AWESOME!!! but expect a wait if you go at a busy time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy to see that you were able to enjoy our cook to order breakfast and all I had to offer. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband & I flew into John Wayne for the day to visit with friends. It took us about 10-12 minutes to get to & from the airport, which was great, since we were very tight on time. As it was an overnight visit, we needed a safe place to stay that was in close proximity to freeways, offered reasonable rates & had free parking. Quality Inn offered all of that! Also, we were able to check in earlier than 3:00 PM, which we were so thankful for because we had to get ready for the function we flew in for. Be mindful that this hotel best serves people with vehicles. This is not a place for you to stay at if you want the convenience of walking to lunch, dinner, etc. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is in an entire complex of hotels, all conveniently midway between SNA John Wayne Orange County airport and downtown Santa Ana, making it a very central location for those two destinations. This is my second stay here, each for three nights, so I have had an opportunity to experience this place at length. Pros and cons:
PROs:
- large rooms. Request a room with a dividing wall between the two or else you'll just get a semi-wall, so it's not really a "suite." I know they offer "efficiency" rooms as well but this room was listed as a suite-- the first time it really was a suite, this time less so. Still I would list the suite (for the price) as a "Pro" because it gave me extra space to work. That said, the desk chair could be more supportive and there were very few power outlets-- bring an extra power strip if you plan to work.
- cooked breakfast: a very nice touch, you have the option of eggs any style or pancakes, with bacon and hash browns on the side. Very limited yogurt, fruit, and cereal selection otherwise. Terrible coffee too. But isn't free hotel coffee always terrible?
- hot tub and pool: nice hot tub with actual hot water and jets. Small details, I know, but important. Stayed open until 10, too-- nice touch.
- nicely landscaped grounds: perhaps the hotel's best feature, it's very nicely landscaped, with a lush interior courtyard. I liked walking around this place, which can't be said for most of Orange County.
- helpful staff. I really, really liked the front desk and breakfast staff here. Twice they printed out maps for me that saved me having to use highways ala google maps when surface roads save time during rush hours. Of course, the staff can't fix the exercise machines, but that's not really their fault.
-computer with printer: just one, but it was fast, free and easy to use and print. very, very appreciated!
CONs:
- exercise room is a joke. The motion-sensitive lights are sparse and dim, and worse, they kept going out during my workout-- scary! Had to keep the TV on just to have enough light to see. The one elliptical trainer had an old "out of order" sign on it and a call to the front desk made it sound like they had no idea it was even broken, and had no plans in place to fix it. This left a single treadmill, a single bicycle, and a single multi-weight machine as the sum total of the exercise room. This room could use a big, big improvement, and if I had the extra money I might stay somewhere else because of it. But I don't, so I'm here.
-stuffy, poor ventilation. Some rooms have balconies that let you open the entire sliding door. If you want fresh air, consider requesting a room with a balcony, otherwise you will have a stuffy room.
-noisy mini-fridge. Good thing I use earplugs or this would have kept me up.
OVERALL
I would probably return here as it is a good value for the money, but if I could find a place near the price with a decent exercise room, it might be worth switching. If that's not an issue for you, then this a good place. It's also nicer than the surrounding hotels except for the Embassy Suites, but that place is usually $50 more per night.

Room Tip: Request a dividing wall for a real suite, and a balcony if you want good ventilation.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank soupoftheday
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I had stayed in the Quality suites recently during my business trip & found it a waste of moeny. The service is poor, the rooms are not designed with any sense (Wash basin right in front of bed), not enough plug points in the room, very small bathroom with poor fittings & carpentry. The Hotel does not take cash payment which adds to the problems for people like us. Add to that the WiFi service is poor to say the least. The Breakfast is good but lacks the Options that standard B&Bs offer although the food is good. Overall I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: "Try rooms near the Pool area"
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business