“Budget choice but nice service and accomadation”

Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Budget choice but nice service and accomadation”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

$ 100 per night with large room and sweet service everyday, what I can expect more?

I came here for business trip, and my colleague booked a room here for me because the Best Westin across from is full. Obviously, it's a good alternative. Oh just one thing I would like to say is the lock of the door seems problematic, so I wasn't able to open it smoothly.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to comment about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay during your business trip. We would be delight to have you stay on your future business trips. Once again, thank you for commenting about your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ripon, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My only comments would be:
- I generally do not like a hotel accommodation that has a window on a walk-by level. The security of a window on that level is marginal. Also, the window in the faux balcony in our room (311) had a screen that was broken and pushed out, which made me wonder if someone had tried to access that room through that window. I simply forgot to report that when I was there. My apologies to management. They could not correct something they may not have known about.

- Another thing which would keep me from giving this hotel a "5" all around is that the entire place badly needs freshening and painting. It is difficult to make everything that is dingy-yellow colored look fresh and clean.

- The ladies who prepare breakfast are sweethearts! The food is good, but a bit bland. Plenty of food, and a nice selection. We really appreciated having it available to use without having to add a breakfast stop to our already very busy day!

Skawina, Poland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Arrived late at this property, room ok but loud guests sitting round the pool and someone loudly speaking on the phone outside my room did not help sleep. Staff very helpful. Left before breakfast so cannot comment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are deeply sorry about noise issues experienced during your stay. Our pool is normally a quiet area during the night time since it closes at 10pm. Once again, thank you for taking time to comment about your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is very clean and has beautiful clean grounds. The shuttle service and made to order breakfast is wonderful. The only downfall is that the mirror and sink are in front of the bed so it doesn't allow sleeping in if one partner needs to get up earlier in order to get ready on time.

Room Tip: Not sure which side is better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our full cooked to order breakfast and were able to use our free airport shuttle. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Marina Del Rey, CA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here last week in our quest to find a place we can stay, a few days every other week during the school year. This was adequate, but not great. While clean, the rooms were outdated. We ended up changing rooms because our toilet didn't work and I needed to get my daughter to sleep. They were very accommodating with this. The cook to order breakfast was nice. The price was decent too. Overall, A-okay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
managerSantaAna, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. We do apologize that your toilet was not working properly and that we had to move you to another room. We do hope that you would give us another opportunity to make your future stay more pleasant.
Lancaster, CA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My son and I stayed here one night Saturday 2/8/14. The hotel and room were clean and the staff helpful and nice.
There truely is a "Cooked to order" breakfast - you walk up to the counter with your breakfast coupon and order from a choice of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown, omelet etc. The breakfast was VERY good!
I paid for a "pool view" room - which I did get - my only complaint was there are no guest rooms on the ground floor - I was fully expecting to walk out of my door to the pool area. I did have a "Pool view" if I walked outside and looked over the balcony - not quite what I was expecting - I'd probably not bother paying the extra money again.

We checked out the "gym" (but did not use it) They've literally taken an empty room and put gym equiment in the room - as another reviewer mentioned it is VERY dark in the gym and there are no fans at all - the elliptical machine was broken. I work out a lot but decided to give this one a miss!

Overall, a good stay. The check in was fast and the girl was nice, even though she couldn't tell us any local restaurants for dinner (!) so we used "Yelp". If you are in the area try Lucille's BBQ just 5 mins drive away - AWESOME!!! but expect a wait if you go at a busy time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy to see that you were able to enjoy our cook to order breakfast and all I had to offer. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband & I flew into John Wayne for the day to visit with friends. It took us about 10-12 minutes to get to & from the airport, which was great, since we were very tight on time. As it was an overnight visit, we needed a safe place to stay that was in close proximity to freeways, offered reasonable rates & had free parking. Quality Inn offered all of that! Also, we were able to check in earlier than 3:00 PM, which we were so thankful for because we had to get ready for the function we flew in for. Be mindful that this hotel best serves people with vehicles. This is not a place for you to stay at if you want the convenience of walking to lunch, dinner, etc. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends