“Another seamless stay”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have been coming to this hotel for over 15 years for weekend getaways and it continues to be an excellent value. Although room rates seem to have increased quite a bit over the past couple of years and self-parking is no longer included, the location and the can-do attitude of the staff are superb! The addition of in-room coffee makers a few years ago was a welcome touch, too. Rooms are decent sized and beds/pillows are very comfortable--these are the rare hotel beds in which I look forward to sleeping. Staff is always helpful and prompt; any problems are addressed and resolved quickly (for example, the coffee maker in my room was not working properly and a brand new one was brought to the room in minutes). The breakfast buffet can become crowded on the weekend, but nothing unmanageable. If you are looking for a quiet, convenient (to shopping at South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island and to nearby beaches), and reasonably priced hotel to spend a relaxing weekend, then I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake tend to be a bit quieter, although the area (located within a business park) i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed one night for a business trip. Would not be considered a "destination" hotel, but I would certainly stay again. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and the facilities were nice. Can’t beat the location night near the airport and convenient for much of Orange County. Nice breakfast buffet. Had dinner there because I arrived late and I enjoyed it. The restaurant made a great burger. I assume the building is a little old (given the slow elevator and the old style shower in the bathroom) but it must have been updated because overall it’s a very pleasant place on this artificial lake. I switched to Hilton brands because I have had such bad experiences W Hotels (even though I am Starwood Gold) and I have to say that I have not been disappointed with any Hilton. Would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers and families visiting Orange County.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The beds were divine....everything was clean.. definately a 3.5 star, not a 3 star, not a 4 star. We were happy to just lay in bed and watch TV...comfy....The breakfast buffett was too expensive for breakfast but had a nice selection of food... Sits on the freeway but the view out the window was still good... It was worth it for under $90. For full price,,, not...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Well I dont get the club part? Its another doubletree its in a great location to all attractions. The pool area was a little disappointing next to the freeway and 30 ft. from the city street. Nice dinning room,lobby and public areas.Lobby staff needs a little help.Rooms are a little old need a little updating to keep up with the hilton brand...I think I will stay down the street 200 yards at the other doubletree and skip the lake and take a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Be aware the elevator is very slow 3rd floor lakeview is nice but close to freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Location, Location, Location, 10 mins from the beach 5 minutes drive to one of the best malls Southern California has to offer and a little known place called Disneyland is about 15 minutes away. The staff here were very helpful I found the rooms clean and the breakfast was ok
The pool was always empty and it is really nice to walk around the lake I would not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to. Top marks to the polite reception staff who helped me swap rooms when the elevators were being upgraded .

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! We value your feedback and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. I always say that we’re in the middle of everything which you personally experienced! Isn’t the lake a nice touch? Some of the staff feel so attached to the ducks that they named a few of them. Customer service is something we take pride in and it pleases me to hear that our staff provided great service during your stay. We hope to have you back in the near future and thank you again for you review.

Warm Regards,

David Arriola
Operations Manager/Director of Revenue Management & Social Media
Email: david.arriola2@hilton.com
Phone: 714-540-4947

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We did not enjoy our stay at the Doubletree Club. Our room was next to the fitness room. We heard most of the activity including weights being moved and dropped, a group of teenagers that yelled and screamed while goofing around in there and the smell was always present.

Our AC unit had a loud whine every time the fan turned on. Other rooms in other locations in the hotel may be better but room 230 is one to avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012
DTCLUBORANGECO, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how to improve our hotel. I apologize for the disturbance you experienced by the group that was in the fitness center. Our management staff & security are consistently walking the floors to ensure everyone is courtesy to their surrounding neighbors. Your comment was forwarded to the appropriate department and I can assure you that we’re taking every precaution from this happening in the future. I also had my engineering department inspect the A/C unit in the room you occupied and we immediately fixed the unit. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Best Regards,

David Arriola
Operations Manager/Director of Revenue & Social Media
David.arriola2@hilton.com
714-540-4947

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Foremost, with respect to the bed bugs comment, it is unfortunate. But as travelers we take that risk anywhere we travel. Some of the most expensive hotels have bed bugs. To me, its not that a hotel has bed bugs, it's how they handle me when I request a different room. If they accommodate, and even check before hand for no bugs, that's what I expect. Anything else is not satisfactory in my opinion.

Not sure where the other bad reviews come from, but being a loyal HHonors member and DoubleTree guest, I think this is one of the better "Clubs" I have been to. Front desk and checkin was very pleasant. Valet was quick and a short walk to front desk. Room was spacious and clean. It was my first time staying there and I got upgraded to a suite and received a letter from the manager. I was impressed. Only comment would be that the staff at breakfast were not very attentive. Had breakfast and was Ina. Hurry but my request for a coffee to go was never fulfilled - I was given coffee in a glass mug. Otherwise I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business