“Inconsiderate and no follow up, nice location and slept well”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Syracuse, United States
“Inconsiderate and no follow up, nice location and slept well”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Made reservations to stay for 2 nights. Flight from Chicago to Orange County/John Wayne was canceled after the hotel cancellation deadline of 6PM Pacific Time. There was no way to inform Doubletree of hotel cancellation prior to the 6PM PT deadline. After the flight was canceled, I called Doubletree to cancel the first night. When informed I would be charged I asked to not be charged because the flight was canceled after the hotel cancellation deadline. I was told the manager would review and get back before I checked out after the second day. I never heard back, but the final bill showed the charges for the first night. Thus, Poor on Service (no management follow up) and Value (was charged 2X for 1 night).

1 Thank Michael T
Kara K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We’re sorry about your experience dealing with your room cancellation. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to reach out to me so that we can discuss your situation further.
Kind Regards, Kara Kellogg, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Toppenish, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

After a long day of moving two kids out of college, got to the hotel very late and had dinner around 9:30pm. Food was good and service excellent. Breakfast service was excellent also. The valet service was very convenient and they will shuttle you within a 4 mile radius, very short wait for the valet. Of course the cookies help.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is one of our preferred hotels when we visit Disneyland. Because we plan trips in advance, we can usually get a rate of less than $90/day. The only time we stay in Anaheim is when our other preferred Hilton hotels (Hampton Inn or Garden Inn) have special rates/promotions. The hotel is beautiful, the beds and pillows to die for, the rooms are soundproofed well (HHonors members are usually on the 4th or 5th floor), the staff FANTASTIC, and we can take Harbor Blvd to Disneyland from the hotel (lots of restaurants and shopping on the way) and avoid the freeway. The hotel charges $11 for parking whether you valet or not, but we get Wi-Fi for free because we're Hilton Honors members, so I don't mind (most hotels in the area worth staying at charge for parking). We come back late at night (11pm or later) sometimes and the self parking lot is full, so I appreciate not being forced to pay extra for having to valet. The hotel has a business center with a printer and large, touch-screen computer monitors. It is open 24/7 and just off the hotel lobby so I feel secure when I am sitting in there late at night (plus you have to use your room key to access it). The lake at the hotel adds to the relaxing atmosphere. The hotel has room service that serves until late night (11pm?) with reasonable selection and prices for such a service (except the whole tip thing) and although I've never used it, I am also aware the hotel has a guest laundry. We've been staying at this hotel for over 10 years and never had a problem unless you consider the uncomfortable nature of a sofa bed for an adult, but that, to me, is to be expected. You will not be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

2 Thank 128carolj
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review!
Having loyal guests such as you are what we strive for. With so many Hilton properties in the area, we are pleased that for 10 years you have chosen to stay with us. I will share your comments with all of our wonderful staff. It will make their day!
We hope to see you back soon on your next trip.
Please feel free to contact me if you ever need assistance with reservations.
Kara Kellogg
Director of Sales
los angeles, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

first room smelled horrible, second room smelled horrible, third room fine. front desk very kind and helpful throughout though. returned from an event to a full self-parking lot. told we would just have to wait until someone in self parking left. could only park via valet. offered to pay for valet, just let us park ourselves. refused. after some hassle finally allowed to park. besides the smelly rooms, the rooms are really comfortable, and quiet. staff, besides parking attendant issue, really helpful and nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Antelope, CA, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the corner room with lots of windows. I spent quite a bit of time in my room studying and working and all the windows made it a very enjoyable place. The room was pretty spacious. All of the staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. I interacted with a couple valets, a couple front desk people, and a couple of the staff that work in the restaurant and could not have been happier with their service. They let me into my room earlier than check in. When my wife came to visit for a few hours with the kids they let her park for free in the lot. They gave me some vouchers for free breakfast. (The food was good, but I would never have paid full price for it so I appreciated the vouchers.) The staff in the restaurant were attentive and very nice. The only real complaints I have about it is the food options around the hotel. Spending 4 days at a hotel with only a few decent food places around was the only real drawback. The bed was very soft and I slept great. I did see what looked to be a makeup smear on the comforter, but other than that it felt clean.

Agoura Hills, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The rooms were nice...kids like the pond that you could walk around and feed the ducks. Breakfast was good with hot food. The staff was very helpful and pleasant! We really liked that there was a mini-fridge in the room. We will be back next year. The only thing was that the pool was right by the fwy and it was kinda noisy but it didn't seem to bother the kids.

White Lake, mi, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

As title says it was clean and the service was ok. Nothing really stood out to outstanding at this hotel. The are surrounding the hotel has a handfull of great restaurants that are quick and easy to access. Also perfect distance to beach and Angels Stadium.