“Stay at Double Tree”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mountain View, United States
“Stay at Double Tree”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It was OK. Average hotel. The frig in the room was very loud. We had to unplug it when we went to sleep. Room was comfortable. Close to freeway. Chocolate chip cookies were very good. People were very nice.

1 Thank Kitty C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
Chico, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location is very good. All the places around that area are new and fashionable. Also, there are many restaurants and close Starbucks. You do not use the car to access them. The other thing the place is very quite. The lake which front the hotel is very beautiful. In addition, all the gays who work there are very nice and helpful. The cookies that they provide is the best cookies that I have tasted in all my life.

1 Thank Azizah A
Orange county, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Front desk staff very unfriendly. Room was just so, so. I expected more from a Hilton property. Coffee maker still had old coffee pods left in it. Bathroom shower had mold in the grout. Fire alarm was set off and there was no one telling guests what was going on even after the fire dept. came and gave the all clear the alarm was still going off.

Costa Mesa, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a pleasant stay here while our house was being tented for termites. The staff was very helpful and only charged one of our cars for parking. The cookies were delicious and the room was large and clean. Only odd thing was everything from the frig to the TV was unplugged when we first arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just completed a 4 night stay here, and won't be back. I have stayed here several times before, but more recently have been staying at the Doubletree across the street. For reference, I am a Hilton Diamond member and have been so for at least the past 10 years.

My first room smelled AWFUL and the air conditioning unit was making very loud squeaking sounds, which I certainly wasn't going to be able to sleep through.

The second room I was offered (by the front desk attendant who seemed quite annoyed) was right next to the elevator and the vending machine. At this point, I had traveled cross country and wanted to relax. I couldn't really hear any noise from the elevator or vending machines so it seemed ok.

The rooms in general seem "clean" but upon further inspection really are not. The carpets especially are filthy and need to be cleaned.

On the 4th day, I came back to my room from being out all day and the lock on my room was dead. Not that my keys didn't work, but the lock itself was dead. Engineering had to come and manually unlock it with what looked like a long hanger. I was then moved to a room right next to the freeway, which I did not accept. Chris, the front desk manager, did find me a wonderful room in the end - but at most properties I wouldn't have had to ask for this, it would have been part of their service recovery from the dead door lock.

The morning of check out, I noticed that there was a lounge charge on my bill that was not mine. I called down to the front desk and had them remove the charge, and asked them to print a new copy that I could pick up on my way out (it was 5am and I was leaving to go to SNA). When I got down to the desk around 5:30, my bill was not ready and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the attendant to handle the guest in front of me, then look up my account and print my bill.

I understand "stuff happens" - I travel for a living and just roll with the punches. But there were too many issues during this stay to ignore.

I do have to give kudos to the staff in the restaurant at breakfast, and the valets - top notch employees.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hginphl
Kara K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay. All of your feedback will be discussed with our department heads and addressed.
As far as some of the condition comments, we are excited that new sheers, desk chairs and even air conditioners are being replaced. New carpet will be installed in all rooms this September.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your stay enjoyable and problem free!
Regards,
Kara Kellogg
Director Of sales
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Booked the trip for "baby moon". Paid in advance. Money taken from credit card right away. Received two confirmation emails. Wanted it to be perfect. Even used the hilton honor credit card and am a gold member. Arrived to hotel and they said "oops, someone wanted to stay an extra day so we don't have a suite for you." what's the point of paying in advance and joined and climbed up their honor system to "gold" status if they can bump you like you're nothing. Had to all squeeze into a little room they finally gave us. Obviously they don't care about advanced purchase or honor status. Turn out to be a very bad trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. Thank you for your flexibility and your review. At our hotel, we hate to not accommodate a guest in the room they have booked. Unfortunately on a sold out weekend, a guest changing their plans can make it difficult for others. As a valued Gold member we failed in not being able to accommodate your request. We have shared your comments with our front office, and we’re evaluating our policies and procedures. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you will provide us with another opportunity to make your stay great!
Please feel free to contact me, and based on availability I will be happy to upgrade you to one of our suites.
Sincerely, Kara Kellogg
Kara,Kellogg@hilton.com
Cosa Mesa, CA
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Pros
+superb staff; extremely helpful. E.g., I needed to warm my pizza slices, and I had a microwave oven delivered to my room! Beat that!
+good rooms w amenities; newer furniture, decor
+shuttle service; great crew!
+free internet if you've status w the Hilton loyalty program
+free cookie-:)
+usually have always provided additional toiletries like mouthwash, toothpaste, always useful.

Cons
-parking fees

Summary
Stayed here multiple times, work close by, and am able to use the shuttle generously! Have complimented the staff several times, and would stay again and recommend it to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kara K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star review!
We strive to offer the highest quality of service to our guests and are pleased that we have succeeded. I will be sharing your great comments with our staff and management. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kara Kellogg
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!