“A great location”

Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We have been to this hotel twice now. It is close to UC Irvine where our granddaughter is a student. We also have friends in San Diego that we love to visit and in LA. This location is great for all. The proximity to the airport and freeways is a bonus. I like the CLEAN rooms and hot baths and quiet at night so you can sleep. My husband who eats like a lumberjack loves their full breakfast and strong good coffee. They even have some herbal teas for a hot cup before bed. I recommend this place for families, couples or singles.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back in winter or away from pool in summer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aggie T
BestwesternSantaAna, Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Aggie T, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is good to have a happy repeat guest staying with us again. We hope you will be back with us again soon. I will make sure our staff knows we have another satisfied guest.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I am in OC at least every other month for business and I always stay here. The rooms are reasonably priced, the location is great (at the intersection off 55 and 405 freeways), wi-fi is free, and there are restaurants and shopping nearby (though you need a car for this). But it is the service that keeps me coming back. These people are friendly, helpful and they actually remember me. They are also honest. I left diamond earrings in my room at checkout on one visit and they were turned in to lost and found by housekeeping. Wow! I also feel safe here and as a woman traveling alone, that is very important. Breakfast is hot and its convenient to grab a bite before heading out. Microwave, coffee maker and fridge in each room which is super convenient to store bottled water, snacks and sodas for the week. Bed is comfortable, but not quite up to par with the premier hotels (but neither is my bed at home). Property is well maintained (no dripping faucets, and the TV always works). Trust me, this isn't always the case at other hotels (even the expensive ones). No restaurant on site, but lots of fast food really near, and nicer restaurants not too far away. Plus there is a food delivery service though I've never used this. Sure I've been at fancier places, but they come at a fancier cost ($4 for a mini bar diet coke - no thanks!). Give me this Best Western any day.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Marcia H

Dear traveler, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am very happy that you had such a wonderful time with us and you enjoy your time here at our hotel. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all our guests, and also provide a good breakfast each morning. I will inform our staff regarding your praises. We hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I tried several other hotels in this area and will be making this hotel my regular business hotel. Convenient locations, nice rooms and a good breakfast. Free Wifi is a plus. Quick check-in and check-out.

1  Thank JCH87506
BestwesternSantaAna, Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Dear JCH87506, thank you for writing such a great review of your stay with us. I am very happy that you find our hotel such a nice surprise. We make it our job to provide superior customer service and make sure all of our rooms are clean and comfortable. I hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestwesternSantaAna, Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Lots of good points to this hotel - convenient for the airport and the freeway to the coasts. Free hot breakfast was OK, but the breakfast room is very cramped so it is a case of 'eat up and get out' rather than lingering as there is always someone waiting for a table. Free wi-fi was appreciated as was the business centre equipped with terminals and printers for boarding passes. It seemed quite a long hike from the front desk to our room but there is a lift, which helps.

Room was pretty large, with a sitting area, but very dark. Bathroom was also fine, it's always nice to be able to have a soak in a bath as an alternative to having a shower. Bed was large and quite comfortable though it was a case of two pillows were too much but one wasn't sufficient as another guest also mentioned in his/her review!

Travellers should be aware that there are no restaurants within walking distance, but about a mile down the road there is a shopping mall called The District which has several restaurants plus an In and Out and also a very large Whole Foods if you want to buy food to eat in the room.

We may well choose to stay here again, especially if the price is still competitive.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear 5113, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and how you enjoyed your room. I am sorry that the breakfast was so busy during your stay with us. The winter season during December is very busy as we have alot of families going to Disneyland during this time and the breakfast will be busy.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I wanted a clean, safe, quiet hotel close to the airport with breakfast included, and I got that. The staff was the best part--very helpful and polite. Because I didn't rent a car and was dependent on relatives for transportation, I was at a bit of a disadvantage when it came to meals. The hotel doesn't serve lunch or dinner, and I was not aware of restaurants within walking distance for someone with bad knees. There was a small refrigerator in the room, however, so I could bring food back and keep it cold, then warm it up in the microwave in the room.

The room was clean and quiet. Liked the free Internet. I was disappointed that my TV did not have a PBS channel.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, and shuttle service to South Coast Plaza can be arranged.

Room Tip: I was in a section of the hotel away from the pool, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelerduo

Dear travelerduo, thank you for your praise and taking the time to review your stay with us. We do our best to provide everyone with clean rooms and we do our best to keep our property up to date. Please make sure to stay with us the next time you are here.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Free breakfast every morning and free internet. The place was quite and decent. Just remember it's not a five star hotel. It was close to Newport beach, Fashion Island and Balboa area. Just a short drive. The maids kept the room clean and even picked up our kids toys and placed them neatly on the bed. They are awesome!!

The weather was great when we traveled (July)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Michelle C, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and will tell our housekeeping staff that you were very happy with the service you recieved while you stayed with us.