“Found me a room even though was full”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Clara, California
“Found me a room even though was full”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This review is alittle late in coming, about 2 years (june 23rd 2012) but as I am planning another trip to the area I felt this hotel deserved my review and another booking from me.

Two years ago I planned a trip with a girlfriend to spend my birthday in So cal and go to disneyland but be near a few other friends down there. I orignally booked at another hotel but as that one didnt have a pool the receptionist at the orignal hotel I booked at changed my reservation to this hotel as it was one of their sister hotels. I got the confirmation for the reservation in my email. I thought everything was fine. After driving from the bay area to so cal then spending over 4 hours in rush hour traffic finally got to the hotel about 8pm.

I had no room booked. Somewhere between my reservation being moved to the new hotel it got lost even though I had a confirmation. And there was some kind of volleyball event going on so all the hotels were booked. And I know I probably looked tired and upset but the receptionist here was the best. Ive worked in the hotel buisness so I know how hard it is to deal with upset customers.

So helpful I didnt have to go find another hotel and got me a great room, that was either one of there backup rooms (which hotels do incase there are unseen problems) or someone had decided not to stay there.

I am definitly booking here again this summer when i take my brother down there for his birthday.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sfrichck
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Sfrichck,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport during your resent visit. Our entire team aims to create an awesome and memorable experience for each guest and we are happy to hear that we have accomplished our mission.
Again, thank you for your awesome comment

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This trip was Business and Pleasure. The Hotel is modern and clean. The staff friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the amenities as well. With the shuttle service we explored close by areas and the shopping centers. I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Anna B,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel especially the service provided by our shuttle driver. We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments, which we will pass on to our entire team.

Again, thank you for your kind review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I woke way too early for my flight and needed a cup of tea. Nothing was available. I bumped into an employee Khalid and asked him if he could help me. He said please give him 5 minutes and he would have it to me. He just needed to finish what he was doing. Within 2 minutes he brought me the tea. He clearly went out of his way for something so simple. Typically coffee and tea are not available until 5:30 AM and this was 4:15 AM. Again, something so simple but really made my morning. Hats off to Khalid!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Tom B,

Thank you so much for your review. Khalid would be thrilled when sees that you mentioned his name on TripAdvisor. He is a person who always goes above and beyond to please our guests. Hoping to see you again on your next trip.

newcastle
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Room was clean and a very comfortable bed,staff were extremely helpful when we couldn't check out on time. We were given a few options at no extra charge to our room. All staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to make us more comfortable , we will be coming back here on our next trip to visit our son Thank you Holiday Inn Santa Ana Orange County

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamoo1
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear jam001,

We appreciate your time in writing a spectacular review! We are very pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, as well as the excellent service our staff gave you when you couldn't check out on time.Thanks so much again, and we hope to see you back in the future!

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great convenience, ammenities wth gym,pool,spa and clean comfortable rooms with great breakfast nice bar.Staff is very courteous and polite and they go beyond their way to please you all the way to the night crew and thank you khalid.I will be looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mark o
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in our great customer service, our wonderful breakfast, our awesomely convenient airport location, the excellent condition of our rooms and our very kind driver Khalid. We cant wait to host you again in the future!

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all the Holiday Inn staff. Ashley at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay. She was more than helpful with all we needed before we even had to ask. I would recommend this location to others and stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AMJAZ
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear AMJAZ,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us a perfect review. As you have said regarding our "Excellent Service", everyone in our hotel strives to offer service which is above and beyond at all times. We are looking forward to see you again.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have been staying at this hotel every time I'm in Orange County. It is wonderful! The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and 55 freeway. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and always clean. There is a nice gym with good equipment enabling a solid workout that can be followed with a swim and whirlpool soak in the outdoor pool.

I really like their breakfast! The buffet is great! REAL eggs (not powdered ones), REAL bacon (not microwave turkey strips), and a great selection of other items like French toast, oatmeal, fresh fruit (not frozen), juice, milk, cereals, etc - and if that is not enough, you can order from the menu!

The staff is wonderful - friendly, courteous, attentive, and responsive. - this included the desk personnel, the restaurant folks, the cleaning staff, and the on-site maintenance - all professional and exceptionally friendly! I have stayed so often with these folks, that many know me.

Bottom line - if you are looking for a place to stay while in Santa Ana or the central Orange County area, you will not find a hotel that makes you feel as welcomed and comfortable as this one - consider it a home away from home - I certainly do.

Room Tip: Nice to see a small fridge and microwave in the room.