“Handicare Dealer Day Partners Event” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Diego, California
“Handicare Dealer Day Partners Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I truly cannot say enough good things about this Hotel. Patricia Gonzalez and her entire sales/catering team, as well as the complete hotel staff, took care of our every request with great efficiency and a smile.
We held a large product/sales training seminar for the entire Western Region of Handicare USA, which includes 7 states, at this facility. They provided everything asked for, from a glass of water, to shuttle service above and beyond the call of duty.
I highly recommend that if your company is planning an event in this area, that you choose Holiday Inn Orange County Airport as your venue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott C
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Scott C,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport for your event, I am pleased that you found our hotel to your satisfaction. In behalf of Patricia Gonzales and the entire staff we would like to convey our appreciation for the great comments. We are always ready to serve you.

Frank A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had a great experience from the start upon checking in at this hotel. The manager, Mr. Frank Atayde was very accommodating and made my stay a memorable one. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my business associates, family, and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Allen R
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Allen R,
I am humbled by your wonderful comment and pleased that you had a wonderful experience. Our superior level of service is what we strive for. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport.

Frank
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was the nicest 3-star hotel I can remember staying at. I feel it should be rated as a 3.5-star and to be honest, I enjoyed it more than some of the 4-stars I have stayed at. This hotel is extremely clean, the rooms are nice, and the service was great. I really enjoyed the layout of the grounds and the pool/jacuzzi were nice. They have a bar, which in my experience, is not common for 3-star hotels.

I am putting this Holiday Inn at the top of my list for hotels around $100.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Frank-Money,

Your comment that our hotel should have a higher rating is highly appreciated. I would like to personally thank you for staying in our hotel. We indeed strive to uphold the IHG standards in managing our hotel. Thank you sir.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I just want to thank your staff for the excellent service , they were very friendly and very helpful !!! I will stay there again !! You should be proud of your staff , I wish I could remenber the names of you staff I would like to personally thank the young lady she had blonde hair , im sorry for not remembering her name she checked us in she was a joy a person who takes pride in her job , I work in the hotel field and just wanted to congat your staff , thank you , Steven hassinger

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear 2060 Steven,

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience especially the great service which you received. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. Ashley is the young lady that checked you in and we are very proud of her.

We really do try to make each one of our guests feel comfortable at our hotel. Please do come back and see us again on your next trip. We apreciate you staying and appreciate your business.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Everyone was amazing staff just to name a few Khalid was very friendly made the stay of our group very comfortable, Raymond was a great driver friendly attitude, Arturo was filling in as bartender and he did a fantastic job kept the drinks coming made the group feel positive, Ashley is a great asset she made great recommendations to go eat and even called to see if the place could accommodate our group made the reservation for us and coordinated the shuttle ,

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Manitzie,

The title of your comment " You gotta stay here", is amazing. My staff Khalid, Raymond, Arturo and Ashley would be so thrilled that you have mentioned them by name. I am so glad that you found our service to your satisfaction. Thank you very much.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This visit was for both business and pleasure. The staff were great, from changing large notes for bus fares to arranging the shuttle to get to the shops, train station and John Wayne Airrport.
The buffet breakfasts had enough variety to get us through a 4 day stay. The food in Panini Restaurant was freshly prepared and reasonable in price. A special thanks to Clara and the rest of the staff on the front desk, and to Lorrie and the staff in the bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel was close to the freeway and our room faced that direction, we didn't find...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Jenny_Bob2013,

We appreciate the wonderful comments that you posted on tripadvisor and for giving us a perfect review. Clara and Lorrie would be delighted that you've mentioned their names. See you on your next trip.
Laguna Beach,California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel deserves this review and my many THANKS... I had the responsibility of quickly getting accommodations for my relatives after my dad's untimely passing. I called 3 other hotels in the area, but it was this hotel that helped me affordably, and compassionately make the necessary arrangements for so many out of town relatives. I picked one with the normal "close to freeway, shuttle, breakfast.. and got WAY ABOVE normal.." we can help"...

Don ( accounts manager?) set aside rooms and worked with me quickly through emails and even set up a link so that all my relatives could make their own reservations, leaving me to handle other issues.
Frank ( the manager) fielded all my questions and several changes and calls with "don't worry, we can do that.." A couple of times I expected "' are you kidding me!! another change".. but he came through;).. thank you thank you!
Ashley and Clara met us with smiles every time we walked in the door.. letting me check in early when I needed to be elsewhere for funeral arrangements..

The hotel it self is LOVELY, clean , clean, clean, stylish, and restful.. Granite counters, fluffy, duvets, lamps with phone charging outlets.. The internet was fine for us too.. and INCLUDED..
I was so worried these people having to make last minute expensive flights, would not be able to afford a "nice" hotel..
Even the staff at the Panini and the Bar were delightful and helpful.. I don't recall those names..
I do know that having a place to join everyone at breakfast or for a nightcap was wonderful addition as many of us had not seen each other in years..
And my lasting memory will be the airport shuttle driver who met us at 5am, smiling and helpful..as we flew back to our respective homes..and went out of his way to get me a cup of fresh coffee ( as coffee was not available downstairs until later)
I just became an IHG member and I am very glad I did..I will use them again.. In fact we will be in the San Diego area in a month.. Guess which hotel chain I am calling!!! I hope it will be as nice.
I have only one complaint..it is the in room coffee makers.. I dislike them..other chains are using them.. and I think they are awful and a waste of time..for this type of hotel, I feel a REAL mug and a REAL coffee maker is in order).. The coffee downstairs was GREAT though:0

Room Tip: There can be freeway noise..but that is expected near a freeway! I wear earplugs.
Green Features: Air conditioner was great! and adjustable.. a bit noisy but again I wear soft earplugs.. Clean BIG fluffy towels as needed and linens changed as needed and requested but room still straightened up..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Havingfuneveryday
Dear worthit52,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I am happy that our staff was able to turn a sad experience into something good. We were all aware of your situation prior to your arrival and sympathized with your loss. I am glad to hear that you are planning to stay in another IHG property for your next trip. Please feel free to contact me at 714-481-6300 or email me at franka@hi-oca.com for anything else that I could do for you.

In behalf of the whole staff of Holiday in Orange County Airport we thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!